9 weeks, 4lb, 0 inches. Am I wasting my time?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
9 weeks, 4lb, 0 inches. Am I wasting my time?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette K 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone! Why is this not working for me? I’m not overweight, I’m 5’2″ and (now) 8st 8lb. All I want is to lose a bit of flab from around my waist. I lost nothing for the first 6 weeks, then about 4lb in a fortnight, then nothing again. My waist is exactly the same. The only thing that seems to be different about me is that I get super wobbly when I’m hungry. I asked my GP before I started and she said fasting wouldn’t do me any harm. Fortunately I work part time as I wouldn’t dream of working, driving or even going for a short walk on a fast day, and I couldn’t have written this post. I have no concentration and I feel really weak. It’s a bit like having ‘flu. So I spend 2 days a week pottering on the computer, reading an easy book or watching TV. Now spring is here I’ve got jobs piling up in the garden!

I had hoped that fasting might reset my blood sugar chemicals and help the wobbles go, but that hasn’t worked either. I don’t pig out on NF days, I eat a balanced diet including protein with every meal. Because I get so wobbly I honestly don’t see how I can eat any less on an NF day and be able to do everything I need to. As my weight has been pretty constant for the last few years I presume that means I’m not eating more than I should.

Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Sezzo,

Overnight weight fluctuations are mostly due to water weight changes.

Truly 6 weeks in without any noticeable changes in the weight means that there’s an issue with the calorie balance. Try to calculate your TDEE and adjust your calorie intake accordingly. There’s only ONE Reason for no weight change and that is no calorie deficiency. It’s due to consuming more calories (very common in a way of over calculating the calorie intake).

I too have a similar issue wherein my weight is loosing but not my waist size. After doing some research I found that, it takes time to lose that stubborn fat at the waist/liver. It’s upto the body to decide as to wherein it can take up the fat first.

Persistence is the key for weight loss. Don’t lose your heart and try till you succeed. As I said, re-evaluate your calorie intake and this should fix up the things.

Hi Krishna,
    Thank you for your reply. If I haven’t put weight on for several years doesn’t that mean I am eating the right amount on a normal day?

Inches come off with exercise. The truth is the less weight you have to lose, the harder to lose it. What you need is more toning via exercise. You should really look into strength training. Either bands or free weights. Do planks. Etc.

Hi Sezzo

You need a 3500 calorie deficiency to lose a lb. As Stella said it would help to do some exercise. I am very overweight and I found that wii games, I have wii fit plus and others to help me. You can do five or ten minutes and then have a break. If you do three sessions of this in a day you will soon lose weight. If you have a wIi fit, the bird one, hula hoop and the pinball machine are all good for weight around your waist. They tone you whilst having fun.

It sounds as though normally you have your calories about ringgt for not losing weight. I often do two fast days and a 1000 calorie day. My TDEE is around 2000 on this site but 1800 on another one (the Mayo clinic site). You really need to work this out to understand why you aren’t losing.

Good luck.

Ginette

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.