7 days water fast

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Stardust09 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• I am trying to do 7 days water fast, but I can’t do this alone. Anyone who wants to try this together?

Doing water-only is kind of a tall order, especially for first-timers. Here’s what I have found to be easier:
    start each day with green tea, lemon/citrus juice, even sweeten with honey if you like.
    mid-day fruit juice, best thing is fresh-squeezed but lemonade for instance is good.
    evening dinner replacement something like V-8 veg, I like fresh-squeezed carrot+beet mixed into V-8 or tomato. Do this and you won’t miss dinner; one thing you might try is to ease into the fast by simply replacing a meal every other day with the juice.

Doing one or two days at a time at first might also make it easier to do the week. I always find the second or third day the “hump” the last time I did a week it was so easy by the 4th-5th-6th day that at the end I was thinking “darn how inconvenient I have to start eating again!”

Good Luck!

Hi. 7 days seems to be quite scary, doesnt it? But it is nice goal. I have done 7 days water fast once and it was really amazing. I have done it by myself. And to be honest, when you pass first three days, you wont even notice. Of course everyone is different, so some people may struggle more.

Have you done 3 day water fast before?

If you want to do proper water fasting, I dont think you should eat solid food (it is not fasting anymore, is it?).

I am new to 5:2 – started yesterday with a FD and intend to have one today too.
    Made and ate some vegetable soup yesterday but have thrown it away today – regret eating anything at all.
    I have been fascinated by the whole idea of water fasting for the last 2 years and have read up about it a bit. I agree with Suzana that a water fast needs to consist only of water!
    Have managed to do 3 day water fasts from time to time but never had any support and got scared of fasting any longer as everything I read said that you should not do more than 3 days without medical supervision. I asked my doctor but she knew nothing about it.
    So, its great to hear that it is possible to do a 7 day water fast! Am not ready to do that yet but am very interested. So good luck @egleb! It would be really good to hear what it is like for you, so please do post some more.

Thats really good that you have done some 3 days fasts already. Because when you manage to fast for 3 days sucesfully, 7 day water fast is good next step :). But i think it also depends what your reason is.

Dont get scared or demotivated because of what they say. Of course they dont want us to be healthy without any need for pills. Healthy patient is the worst patient :). And i dont really think you need some medical supervision. And as you said they usually even dont know about it. What you need to do, is listen to your body! Read about experience of people who have done it before. And it also helps when there is anyone else doing fast with you.

Thanks Suzana. You give good advice. Am not ready yet to start long water fast but it’s good to know that there is support if I choose to do so.

To me a 7 days water fast seems very unhealthy and possibly dangerous. This is a 5:2 diet forum, not a 7:7 diet. I am trying alternate days fasting but by “fasting” I mean eating 500 calories on fast days. Having said that, 5:2 does work, so I will reduce the number of fast days eventually to zero, when I reach my goal weight.
    Of course I drink a lot of water every day.

Hi Suzana, it was exciting to read your post and see that someone has done a 7 day water fast. I’m on day 3 and hope to go at least 5 maybe longer. I’d love to make it to 7. The scales are down 4.6 pounds after Day 2 and I’m excited by the loss and feeling pretty good but a little more tired than usual. If that’s the only side effect, I can handle it to achieve the results!

Interesting thoughts. I have done 3 day water fasts before – tea, coffee, water only. I found that they are effective weight losers, that they are not as difficult as I had expected and that by day three I feel really good and capable of continuing longer. I have not done so because I considered the 3 days as a super-charged 5:2, which has worked well for me. However, lately I have been lax, have gained weight and am feeling sluggish. I am 15 pounds above target so I am going to give longer water fasting a try.

Hi Granto 6. That is absolutely amazing. For some people is a really really big achievement to do only one whole day on water. 3 days is always huge step forward to our health, so I think you should be really proud of yourself :).

But I think you should set a target ahead and not try to see how long you can last on water. Because water fast should be nice and pleasant experience which you can do as often as you feel like it. But when you keep saying maybe one more day, maybe one more day, and maybe another day … you might finish your fast on the day when you feel really weak and grumpy and your body will be exhausted without energy and that will be your last impression from fast. And your body will remember. So next time when you will want to fast again, this not really nice memory will come up and your body will be like, no way! Last time it was horrible! We are not doing it again! 😀 If you know what I mean.

I have done another 7 day water fast like a month ago and I lost 7 kg. It wasn’t my goal, but when fasting it always happens. But I want to warn you that what you loose during water fast you will gain back very quickly. Unless you are able to really change eating habits and what you eat. I know it sounds amazing, that in 7 days you are able to loose 7 kg (or even more) but it doesn’t last very long. During my first 3-day water fast I lost 5 kg! It was like whoaaa. But I got it back.

Hello i just started today my 7 day fast! anyone on board to keep me company?

Hii. Oh it is always good to hear that someone else is trying too :). I have done 7 days before. If you want to talk about it, I am very happy to do it. I am doing just one day cleaning tomorrow, I need to be more prepared for 7 days.

Haven’t read all the posts and don’t know if anyone’s actually doing this, but no thanks. I’m doing the new 5:2 at 800 calories, losing weight, so I’ll stick with this. Best of luck to anyone doing the water fast.

Im doing my first long fast. 3 day water fast. with 2 days under 500kcal before and 2 days 500kcal after. Staying as active as I can throughout but not high intensity. Light walks and light weights.

3 days can be done alone. Over 3 days is recommended under medical supervision.

Currently on day 3/7. Day 1/3 water only.

Hi there,

I want to try this with you but can’t right now…..Have you read any of Dr. Fungs stuff on fasting.

He has a lot of youtubes and has a website called the Intensive Dietary Management,,,I don’t have the exact name, but he has a lot of info on fasting extendedly for heal and weight loss there.

I will be doing ADF with occasional longer fast to reset my health and baseline….

Best wishes to you,,,

I finished my fast week at 1344kcal. 12656kcal deficit or more. Aprox. 1.6kg fat loss. Lost a few cm in waist, hip, chest and neck. 4.8kg total weight loss. 88 hours only water and zero kcal drinks!

What an experience! After breaking it on fruit I did 2 more easy food days and now Im eating foods wihout being hungry. Im eating much healthier at the moment and trying new foods.

It was abit scary during the fast feeling lightheaded and slightly ill but I decided to continue unless I pass out. Not sure I will do it again but next time I will add himalayan salt to my water.

Also my memory seem to have improved. I hope it lasts.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.