6 months in….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• This is my first ever blog, so hope I don’t bore anyone reading it too much…:)

I am a 33 year old female. 5ft 4.5 inches (the half inch counts!) and I was 10 stone on 8th April 2013. Now, I didn’t have a lot of weight to lose but wanted to drop a stone . The most I had managed in the past was 9 and a half on weight watchers, but just never managed to maintain it and only actually got down there once.

A friend of mine started doing the 5:2 at work and initially I was horrified. I hadn’t read the book or even heard of it before and I am ashamed to say I preached at her on the dangers of “starvation mode” and how generally unhealthy this was, followed by a rant on how I would never be able to do it, blah blah blah……

Anyway to cut a long story short I bought the book, devoured it in a sitting and started my first fast the very next day. That was almost 6 months ago and I haven’t looked back once. I love it. I am 12 pounds down and apart from my 2 fast days literally nothing in my life has changed, well apart from there being less of me 🙁

My weight loss has been slow but I have had 2 holidays abroad, I eat out at least once a week and have a massive love affair with wine, so all in all, I am delighted. I also started Bikram Yoga so now I am actually toning up too – which has never happened before.

This diet (and I hate calling it that) has changed my life. The realisation that you can eat only 500 calories a day and not be miserable is pretty incredible. Generally my self-control has improved tenfold and most importantly I don’t feel guilty when I have a heavy weekend.

My mum and stepdad have both been doing it now for a couple of months and also love it. My mum has never dieted before as she always claimed she felt faint if she didn’t eat every four hours. But she is also a convert and for the first time in her 58 years, “has a waist”.

So I suppose the reason I wanted to share this is encouragement mainly. Anyone who might be finding the weight loss a little slow – hang in there. There have been weeks when I haven’t lost anything or very little but at the end of the day I am 2 pounds off my target weight and not having to make any major sacrifices to get there.

Good luck all !
    xx

I definitely don’t find your story boring, I think reading about someones’ journey on 5:2 is very encouraging.
    I also was initially horrified at the idea of going for (any) stretch of time without food, but reading over time about
    the health benefits intrigued me, and when I found myself still alive on 500 calories haven’t looked back.

Hey gintie

Well done you!

I too like reading posts from anyone who has been on this ‘eating regime’ for a good while. It definitely encourages me to keep going and not to get too despondent when the scales don’t change at all-like this week. Or only lose 2 ounces!!!! each week for the last three.

So yes, I am comforted to hear about your slow but sure progress. I’d also like to know if you gained weight when you went on your holidays and how long did it take you to lose that?

Also, I think making this regime ‘fit in with your life’ as you are doing; is a major key to achieving success.

Don’t be a stranger now!

Thanks for your comments Mulvile and PreciousBooBoo.

I have been visiting this site for some time and it is inspiring to read peoples experiences. I’d love to know more about both of yours.

I put on about 4 pounds with each of my holidays. The first time it took me about 1.5 weeks to lose it but the second time I lost it all the following week – mainly because I did 3 fast days and ramped up the exercise.

xx

Hi Gintie, really enjoyed reading your post. My short-term goal is to get under the 10st mark by Christmas – 5lbs to go but at the unbelievably slow rate at which my weight has been coming off I’m not sure I’ll manage it! 🙂

Hi gintie

Haven’t heard from you since you first posted – how is it going?

Haha hey Boo, we keep meeting on these “quiet” threads! I’m also wondering about all those people who posted once and then buggered off… Are they still here? Lurking? Did they just quit the forum or also 5:2 (which we can never know then, do we?)

The mystery!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.