5:2 vs Beach book

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  milena 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Haven’t seen a copy of the beach diet book – can someone explain the difference please before I buy it. Thanks.

hmm the difference for me is that one contains both “beach” and “diet” in the title, which makes me cringe.

I think the fast beach diet is just 5:2 with some add-ons to make non-fast days stricter. I’m guessing if you googled around (or followed the links here) you will find some reviews that answer your question in more detail.

edit to add: try here: http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/546556/the-fast-beach-diet-what-you-need-to-know.html

Hi, I would recommed the book.

I think of it a hardcore 5:2. 5:2 for weightloss is about a large reduction in calories twice a week, and then eating mindfully. You can choose to count calories or not – a plan rather than a diet, nothing is forbidden, no food rules, just common sense. So eating a mars bar for your fast day might not be the best use of calories, but theoretically you can eat 500 calories of chocolate every fast day, and still lose weight.

Fast Beach Diet is a diet, with rules. Though more like suggestions. No alcohol – but if you can’t do without, cut it right down. No treats, if you cant do without, cut it right down. Exercise. Eat better types of food. Keep a log.

It was written as a sort of short term boot camp, where eating less and eating better will increase weight loss. As its sustainable in the short term, but not longterm – as diets never are – it works. Expect to lose twice the average loss, 2lbs instead of a pound.

Apparently folk start to panic about holiday weight about six weeks before they go.

It works, Im doing second FBD, lost 12lb in April/May. Missing wine but enjoying the extra discipline.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.