5:2 Vs 4:3 and other questions…..

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
5:2 Vs 4:3 and other questions…..

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Linds 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello! Hope you are all doing well. I am still a bit new to the 5:2 WOE – I have almost completed week 3 (Weigh in on Friday!) and I have lost 8lbs so far.

On my fast days I am managing to save all my calories (with the exception of my cups of tea!) to dinner time, and I tend to have 2 slices of toast with no butter, and a small tin of Heinz beans and sausages. I am under my calorie goal for the day, but I am wondering if eating carbs on a fast day will impact on my weight loss/heath benefits?

I have also been considering the benefits of 4:3? Does 4:3 help boost weight loss? and how difficult is it? I manage just now fasting on a Monday and Thursday just now, but I would find it difficult fasting at the weekend. Any advice/tips or success stories from mixing 4:3 and 5:2 would help. I had thought about maybe trying 1 week 5:2 and 1 week 4:3 but dont know if this would help?

I think thats enough questions for now.. however I am sure more will come up as the journey progresses. Feel free to join with any comments/questions or stories!

Take care,
    A x

Hi, you could try fasting on Mondays and Wednesdays and cutting down a bit more than normal on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It’s not exactly 4:3 but if you count Friday, Saturday and Sunday as the weekend, as I do it’s the only other option other than sticking to 5:2. The reason I try to do this (don’t always manage it) is so that I can still drink at the weekend. I don’t drink loads but it needs to be accounted for in the calories so this is my way of doing it.

I started in October last year and, so far, have lost 23lbs. At the moment I weight about 11 stone 4lb and am trying to get below 11 stone (10stone 7lb would be good) before I go to Australia in September. Good Luck, Linda

Thanks so much for coming back to me Linda. I count my weekends as 3 days, like you, Friday Saturday Sunday, and although I dont normally drink, I enjoy my food at the weekends, with the occasional bit of chocolate, or something nice! I will maybe give that a go and see how I get on with it. I have about 2 stone to loose, and I am 8lb down so far, but I wasnt sure how I would cope on 4:3 or if it would make me want to “feast” a bit too much on my normal days and defeat the purpose of it.

23lbs is brilliant! Well done. My goal is to get down to about 11 stone 7lb. Still not what is perfect BMI wise, but will be a massive confidence boost to me. I havent weighed that in several years! 🙂 Good luck and I am sure you will reach your goal. A

8lb in 3 weeks is great, well done! You’ll probably find this slows down but don’t get disheartened.

I have found that although I can still eat too much if I am not careful (snacking and portion sizes is my downfall) I am more aware of what I am eating and how much. It’s just difficult sometimes to stop. It’s still a matter of self control so I find that not starting in the first place works for me! I do have a sense of achievement if I can stick to my 500 calories on my fast days.

I meant to say have a read of some of the posts on here as there is lots of encouragement and ideas. Linda

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.