5:2 is the way for me

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monkeyslim 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello,

Just wanted to tell my story so far:
    I have been doing the 5:2 Way Of Life since October, after I had a reality check. I was at my heavisest ever, and the turning point in particular was remembering a drunken evening from the night before and stuffing my face with a massive hot dog in front of a bunch of strangers.. there may have been ketchup and mustard all over my face. I realised this was dangerous behaviour, as I was just not caring anymore about what I was eating or doing in my daily life and something had to change.

Weight has always been an issue for me and I have tried all the diets out there, there was some success along the way but always ending up back where I started.

I remembered 5:2 from when it was on Horizon and thought it was something I just couldnt do, the thought of such a restriction on food scared me in honesty.

However I decided to take the plunge and it was the best thing I did in 2013. I have since lost 20lbs as of today, which has made me want to share my story on here. To help convince anyone who is considering this 5:2 Way of Life, to go for it!

Dont get me wrong it hasn’t been completely plain sailing, I had a plateau of 2 months where nothing changed. I have had moments where I have experienced hunger pangs so strong I just sacked it all in for the day. This way of eating is so great, as you can just start again the next day. There is no where near the amount of guilt you get with regular diets. Also I learned that hunger is something that fades, I never knew this before. I thought it was something that just grew and grew until you were on the floor gagging for a chip.

Take this from a long term dieter,want to find something that works do this! Take your time be patient and the weight will come off 🙂

Hi monkeyslim, i find your story very inspiring, thank u for sharing your amazing journey with us and well done on this big achievement!

It is so great to see how much 5:2 have benefitted so many people and I cannot wait to start. Monday will be my first fast day so wish me luck 😉

Hi Shelley thank you for your message, good luck for Monday. I would recommend coming on this forum as much as you can at the beginning, people are ao helpful and encouraging too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.