5:2 Helps Numbers!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 10 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I just completeled one year of intermittent fasting and am so happy with the results. My weight was not out of control so, I have not restricted my eating very much on non-fasting days. Even so, I eventually found myself gravitating to more healthful choices on those days also. As a result, I have lost 3 or 4 pounds and am pleased with that.

I was initially drawn to the concept because of two health issues: my cholesterol has always been borderline high and 5 years ago I had colon cancer.

I was intrigued with the improvement people reported in their blood numbers and wondered if it was because of the diet itself or the resulting weight loss.

I am thrilled to say that, even though my weight loss has been modest, recent blood work showed that my total cholesterol dropped 26 points. (My bad cholesterol dropped 20 points, while my good cholesterol only dropped 1 point.) I was astounded. Even my blood pressure, which has always been good, dropped.

The best of luck to everyone just started the 5:2. I hope my experience is motivating. I will also say that I now find, interestingly enough, that I really look forward to fast days. At first, I was I was “afraid” I’d feel weak or deprived. After the first 2 or 3 weeks I didn’t feel that way at all, and actually feel especailly calm and centered on those days.

By the way, I love the new website! Thanks to Michael and Mimi for the plan and the continuing support!

idnas, congratulations on your better numbers! And thank you for posting this — I think it helps those of us who sometimes get obsessed with/discouraged about weight loss to remember that IF is helping our health even when we’re not losing weight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.