5:2 Great way to break the sugar habit

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
5:2 Great way to break the sugar habit

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I gave up drinking alcohol 15 months ago as I felt it had become an addiction and there is some alcoholism in my family. After doing so, I began to eat a lot more sweets: cookies, cake, ice cream, candy, you name it. I found it hard to limit and I just went with it thinking that I could tackle this problem down the road. But I couldn’t seem to do it. When I learned about the 5:2 diet and decided to try it, I was able to break my habit of overindulgence! I still enjoy dessert, but have it less often now. This is an added bonus to me on top of feeling better, losing weight and hopefully improving my blood work up numbers when I next have it tested. Has anyone had a similar experience?

@cralesse
    “I gave up drinking alcohol 15 months ago as I felt it had become an addiction and there is some alcoholism in my family. ”

I come from an alcoholic family from early in my life. I eliminated alcohol completely, more as a prank than conviction to any ideal. I replaced it with water, sometimes lemon flavored.

I discovered how to continuously eliminate unwanted foods from that. I also learned how to eliminate toxic relationships also.

It’s an interesting journey.

I started the 5:2 regime about 2 months ago and have achieved little more than losing a kilo and then maintaining the same weight. I would like to lose 2 kilos more but am incredibly hungry all the time on my normal eating days. I find myself eating huge quantities of carbs and cheese and am evidently making up for the calorie deficit of the fasting days. My appetite has completely changed since starting fasting – I never used to be this hungry. I find the fasting days quite easy to do. However, being a complete gannet on the non-fasting days seems counter-productive. I wonder if I am just swapping my old pre-fast diet yo-yo dieting habits for a new version – fast – overeat – fast.

Sounds like to to me Fenella!
    Check out the advice in the FAQ’s about not losing weight.

Hey Fenella, if fasting is so much easier than eating – how about skipping breakfast and maybe even lunch on normal days as well? That way you can basically eat a huge meal at night and feel really full whilst staying within your calorie allowance.

@fenella
    “I am just swapping my old pre-fast diet yo-yo dieting habits for a new version – fast – overeat – fast”

Yes, that’s what your body may be telling you, so far.

You don’t mention about any measurements shift and that may have results for you.

You may be adapting to 5:2 slower because of overcompensating for your fast. Nika has a great idea to help you quiet down any anxiety.

Have more water, breath deeply and know that you will always have food soon.

I remind myself of that constantly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.