5:2 Diet – Fertile Young Woman

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have read that there is evidence to suggest that fasting is not recommended for young fertile woman. Is that correct?

Crofty, as far as I know it is not recommended for young people who are still growing or are in puberty, pregnant women or people with eating disorders. Others with health issues should talk to their doctors first.
    Otherwise as far as I am aware off everybody else can do it.
    Best wishes
    Stef.

Thanks Stef, I have read that there are specific concerns around whether woman – especially during their fertile years – may not respond in in the same positive ways to ADF or intermittent calorie restriction. Sleep disturbance and a reduction in fertility have been noted in both sexes but especially in females and that it does mean that 5:2 may not be advisable if you are trying to conceive. I would like to know if this is actually fact and if there is any science behind this statement.
    Cheers
    Crofty

Crofty, I think it is a question of moderation. If you overdo it and if you do not eat your TDE on non fast days, your metabolism might slow down and you might end up with not getting your menstruation regularly.
    I cannot help you with scientific proof, but I hope somebody else can chimp in.
    Stef.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.