5:2 Countdown To Christmas!! – Join me!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5:2 Countdown To Christmas!! – Join me!!

This topic contains 114 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pot-bellied Heron 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 115 total)

• I’m new to this 5:2 craze and I’m hoping I can stick to it. It’s my first day tomorrow and I have 32 pounds to lose! I’ve worked this out to be a total loss of 2.1lb per week to reach my goal by Christmas. Since passing my driving test I’ve become even lazier than I was before! Although I’ve never been a fitness fanatic anyway. I’m going to focus on the 5:2 and do Hula Hooping everyday for at least 5 minutes. I know 5 minutes isn’t a lot but I want to focus on my eating more. Anyone want to join me in the countdown to christmas?

Hi,

I will join you in your Christmas challenge. I did 5:2 last year for a while and lost a good few kg then had to stop for various reasons.

I planning to restart with my first fast day next Monday and would like to weight 10stone by Christmas (I’m currently a touch over 11!)

Hi,

I will join you. I can use the encouragement from this group! I just started with my fast day today.

I will join you as well!

I started 5:2 again 2 weeks ago and have lost about 3 pounds already. I feel more in control and less bloated overall. I will say the first month is the hardest, so give yourself plenty of time to relax and take care of yourself for the first few fasts. I did it last year and had great success in the first 2 month. I now have to lose about 7 more pounds to get at my goal weight (by Christmas!). Then, I need to figure out how to maintain.

I’m in the Midwest too (assuming M_in Chicago is). 5:2 doesn’t seem very popular here in the states, although my parents are having success with it.

What are everyone else’s goals by Christmas?

I’m in too! I’d be made up with a stone before Christmas ?

Hi Group,

Michael Mosely’s show was on PBS in Chicago on Sunday- and so I watched it and was intrigued to try it. I’m relatively healthy, so the downside risks for me are minimal. I have in the past, done partial day fasts so I was up for it.

My first fast day was yesterday and it went pretty well. I worked from home so it was hard to stay out the kitchen. I ate my fast day calories around 2pm and the remaining at 8pm (with two coffee breaks).

My goal is to lose 6 lb and feel good doing it! I was using myfitnesspal app, but the counting of calories and food input was getting to be too much. But through that app I have become more conscious of calories in the variety of foods that I normally eat.

Yeah I’m up for that!

I’ve just started and conservatively targeting 1lb per wk – a stone or more by Xmas would deffo be my favourite present!

Ooh I would love to join up. It has been my first FD today. Nice to take back control. Have quite a bit to lose, 42 lbs. I shall just do my best. If I start exercising properly again it will help!
    Beverley

2 weeks in, 5lbs down. Suspect some is water loss but clothes feel looser so happy so far.

Not been too much of a chore, fingers crossed it’s a sign of things to come.

I’ll be in for the countdown too, I’m getting married in 9 weeks and would like to lose 8 kgs by then and then continue after that to lose another 5-10kgs. My doctor recommended this diet to me after hitting a plateau for the last 3 months am hoping this will get things moving again. Today was my first fast day and plan on doing 4:3 and continuing my 6 days of training/exercising

Yes, I’d like to join too! On my first week, weigh in Monday morning. I am trying to not eat as much on my non fast days, well at least cutting out some of the junk food, and am finding it hard. I would love to lose 10kg by Christmas but will be happy with any lose and no gains!

I’m in too please! Last time I did this it wasn’t just the weight lost but the inches too so don’t forget to measure yourself all over!!

I’m in! I’m 50 in November so my first aim is 7 llbs by then and 7 more for Christmas

Just found I am on here! From 15th. 1 week tomorrow when I weigh in and it is a fast day too. Good luck to me tee hee.
    Beverley

I’m in! Hoping to lose half a pound a week, so just under half a stone by Christmas – paws crossed. ALthough what I really want is for the next clothes size down to feel comfortable by then, rather than a specific weight loss.

Would love to join you all. I started on 2nd Sept and have lost about 9lb so far, very pleased and it hasn’t been too hard. Just finished reading the book and have the recipe book too. I have at least 50 pounds to loose but anything over 14 lb would be phenomenal!

WOW! Such great goals and outcomes so far in this group.

This is my third fast day. Over the last week and weekend, I increased my physical activity and included vigorous exercising during fast to burn fat. I have lost 1 lb since I started and I feel good. I can work from home but went to the office to stay out of the kitchen and within ready access to food.

Thanks for the updates and pearls of wisdom- they are very encouraging.

Hi all
    I’d love to join this thread too.
    I’ve been doing the 5:2 for 18 months and lost quite a lot but recently I’ve stalled and have actually put weight on in the last 2 weeks… 🙁
    I know why so I need a good thread to keep me motivated I think 🙂
    I need a bit of a kick-start to get me to that goal by Christmas.

I want to lose 8 lb – or 4kg – by middle of November and then another 2 lb (1kg) if possible by Christmas so that I am at my goal weight by end of December 2015.

Lotta x

(P.S Hi Em :-))

Hello Countdown!

I started 3 weeks ago, and today is my 7th fast. September is off to a good start for me :). I’ve lost 4 pounds so far, and I feel much better in my clothes already. I have about 6 -8 more pounds to goal weight, and I’d love to be there by Christmas! I’m trying to prepare myself to have a few weeks in there that I won’t lose any weight, because I am so close. But I have to remind myself that it’s so much better than continuing to gain. I am also so interested in the health benefits of fasting, but it’s pretty easy to only focus on losing weight.

I’m going to try out 12:8 this week on non-fast days (eating only from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm).

Lotta, I think I started 5:2 on a Christmas thread last year :).

-Em

Well, first day ‘back’ has been great! Helps that I have had a super busy day at work! Let’s hope it has worked!

I finished my 7th fast on Monday, and I’m happy to say that I’m falling into the routine again. I feel great in my clothes for the first time since fasting last year. It’s so funny how 5 pounds can change your psyche. I know I’m really close to goal now, and I need to push on until I get there. I also think giving my body a break from non-stop eating is the true gift of this diet. I like to exercise, but I always take my fast days off and I think this also helps to heal my body.

Does anyone have family or friends who are on 5:2? It’s not popular at all here in the states and I think people look at me like I have two heads if I mention it. I haven’t told anyone (but my husband) about doing 5:2 this time. At least I can come over to the forum and have some allies ;).

My official weigh-in is Friday. Good luck to everyone!

Hi Emily,
    I am in the states too and have found not many people are aware of the diet. I heard about it last year from friends in Europe (I am also from Europe) and had no idea what they were talking about. I did nothing about looking it up until a few weeks ago. I watched the Michael Mosley show on PBS about FAST exercise and then discovered the FAST diet on Your Tube. After this week ,I should be trying to maintain.I only had a few pounds to lose. I am also trying the 5:2 for health reasons, so I will be continuing intermittent fasting. I will be checking postings and looking for support of others as well.
    Good luck with your weigh in on Friday.

I would love to be able to do countdown until christmas for 2 pound each week but can’t motivate my self. I will try to join you all. It’s good to have a time frame in mind.

I am joining the countdown to Christmas with all of you. I hope I can sustain the fasting diet and loose pounds a week.

Count me in!! Today is my second day and I need to lose 30 pounds and would love to have it off by Christmas!!

first day fasting, hoping to loose 2 pounds next wednesday. My weight today is 84.1 kilos. hoping to be 83.6 kilos next week. I will see how it goes.

Count me in too! Thanks for starting this fliss1992. I have 28 pounds to lose for Christmas – wouldn’t it be so wonderful to actually buy clothes you like rather than buying clothes to cover up the thunder thighs etc. and feel confident for a change!!!

I really hope this works!

I will join you all, starting this diet tomorrow but have 5 stone to lose! I will be happy to lose a stone and a half by Xmas though, good luck to everyone!!! Xxx

Hi everyone,
    I’m going to join you 🙂 I’ve had a good 6 weeks of healthy eating and exercising regularly and although I’ve not gained any weight I haven’t lost a single pound of the stone that has crept on in the last year. Nervous to have my first fast day tomorrow and grateful of any support or advice that any of you have to offer. I’m self employed so worried I will slip up without anyone to reprimand me! Will weigh in first thing in the morning and keep my fingers and toes crossed for a loss in a weeks time!!!

Hi Anguilla and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hello,

I will be joining you all as well. Tomorrow is my first fast day. Hoping to lose 22lbs in total but would love to lose 18lbs before Christmas! Good luck to you all! x

Thanks for the link and info simcoeluv, very helpful 🙂 I had my weigh in this morning and I have 19lbs to shift, slightly more than the predicted 14lb, it’s a miracle I can still get in my jeans! I’m treating today as a practice fast day and ready to give it my best shot. Good luck Priy_kalhan!

Good luck to everyone today….this is my first fasting day x

Hi how is everyone getting on? I have been fasting since lunchtime yesterday – just having cups of tea albeit it with milk but not eating anything. Feeling a bit hungry alright – going to try to last until 7pm this evening.

Just about to have my first meal of the day – a ready made chocolate shake from the cambridge diet (153 cals) with Minestrone soup for lunch (126 cals) and salad for dinner with lots of green tea and water in between the hunger pangs!!

Count me in too. I’ve been doing 4:3 since Sept 7 combined with swimming twice a week. I’m 5′ 11″ and was 99.5 kgs when I started and am very happy to report that I have hit 96 kgs today. I’m aiming for somewhere near 80-83kgs, Probably won’t make it for Xmas but its good to have a hard target. After next week i’ll be slipping down a gear into alternating weeks of 4:3 and 5:2 as the 4:3 is a bit relentless when you’re working as well. Planning to do four weeks of that and then into the 5:2.
    Good luck to you all

I’m in!

According to the scales I appear to be carrying a whole other adipose person with me all the time…mmm, not good. I would like to shift the first 1.5 stone by Christmas.

Good luck to all, and for those who have started…keep it up 🙂

Carljames those are great results already, inspiring! I am struggling a bit, finding that the hunger is coming in waves and the waves are getting closer and closer together!! I’ve had 3 oatcakes (134 cals total) and a lot of black coffee. Running club in a couple of hours so il sneak a banana before then and soup for dinner.

Two motivational quotes from Jim Rohn which might us through the hunger pangs – (which I am currently experiencing a lot of!)

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment”

“We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment”

Well done Carljames! I think I might try 4:3 and see how I get on – I find if you see a loss quickly it helps you to keep going.

Now, I’ve got a fair bit to lose (c. 5 stone I reckon), but after 2 1/2 weeks I’m 8lbs down. Really happy doing it and really happy to think about all the nice clothes I’ll be able to wear by Xmas!

Can’t believe how much I used to snack/pick, you only realise when you have to stop. Really looking forward to Xmas now, not to mention beyond….

Yes yes yes! I’d love to join! I have about 40lbs to lose. I was aiming for 20lbs by Christmas, but if you can do 30lbs by then, so can I! LETS DO IT!

Cracked day one, feeling liberated… And hungry 🙂 how’s everyone else feeling?

Hello Countdown!

I’ve been doing 5:2 since Sept. 1 and have lost 5.5 lbs as of today! I had 10 lbs. to lose, so I’m already half way to my goal weight! This way of life does work and it’s the only sane way to diet in my opinion!

I have not been counting calories on non-fast days, does anyone here do that? My only problem seems to be the late night snacking on non-fast days, but so far it hasn’t hurt my progress… I just don’t like the out of control feeling I have when I’m munching, so I will have to try to manage that a bit over the next few months.

To those starting, really try to stick to your 500 calorie fasts the first few weeks. It really is the hard part, and they do get easier after that. I really gave myself a break those first two weeks and made sure getting in my 2 fasts was my priority. It is easier once you make it a habit. Also, sticking to M and Th. has worked well for me. I don’t do as well when I start switching up the days.

No sugar fiber gummies (10 calories) have helped me this week as well. They are my “dessert” on fast days.

Send updates when you can!
    Em

Hi Em,

Congrats on your weight loss so far – you are doing great!

I am not counting the calories on Non Fast Days because isn’t that what this diet is about – eating what you want 5 days and fasting the other 2?!

I try to eat nothing on my fast days and just have cups of tea with milk, green tea and water.

I really hope I can be as successful as you with the weight loss!

Where,

Thanks!! You can do it! Is this your first week fasting? How are you feeling about it so far? I desperately need my 500 calories on fast days, good for you for going without! I’m actually pretty sure I come closer to 550 calories most of the time.

You are so right about not counting on non-fast days. However, there are quite a few people who are pretty strict about sticking to their TDEE. I use up all my willpower on fast days ;).

Good luck!

This is my first week on the 5:2. I feel good and have not broken it. I have a huge amount of weight to lose since my hysterectomy 5 years ago. 3 stone is my target but I will be happy to lose a couple before New Year. I am sure the group effort helps – camaraderie!

Hi all, just joined the forum.
    Started 5:2 again on 1/9/15 13st4lbs currently 12st11lbs as of 15/9/2015.
    Hoping to get down to 11stone by end of the year. I intend to weigh just twice a month on 15th and 30/31. Good luck 🙂

Hi foomsy and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I would like to join too. Fasted before and did ok. Just got fat and lazy again. Have 28 pounds to lose. First fast day Monday. Wish me luck!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply.