5:2 Countdown To Christmas!! – Join me!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5:2 Countdown To Christmas!! – Join me!!

This topic contains 114 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pot-bellied Heron 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

• Glad to see some posts on here as it had gone very quiet, I have just completed my first week of fasting, should of been a couple of weeks ago but other things got in the way, but pleased to say I’ve lost just over 3lbs, am I ok to do 6pm to 6pm the following day find it easier if I don’t eat anything just fruit tea, otherwise eating seems to trigger hunger, well done to those that are loosing ?

It’s gone terribly quiet in here again… How are we all doing?

I’m down to 50.8 kg now – not far to go till I hit my Christmas goal weight of 50 kg. I’m doing 4:3 rather than 5:2, but some weeks I do go back to 5:2 if we have commitments I can’t get out of and I know I’ll end up having to eat more than I intended.

I don’t find sticking to 500 calories on fast days too much of a chore – although I do start to get the nibbles around 6.00 p.m. Feed days are actually more of a challenge: I end up not eating for half the day out of sheer force of habit! Then I compensate for it all and go slightly off track…

If I stay on track, I hope to hit my ultimate target weight of 48 kg by February/March next year.

IF I survive all the temptations that Christmas brings in its wake :-O

7 weeks in for me and the mirror is no longer my enemy! I’ve a while to go before I achieve the racing snake physique of my 20s but progress is, nevertheless, satisfactory.

If only I’d bought some scales.

Id love to join your countdown. Its my first day/fast today. Hopefully I can lose half a stone or so by then, which I will no doubt put right back on over Christmas!

Hi Everyone. I would love to join the countdown. Today is my first day/fast. I would like to lose between5-10lbs by Christmas. Does that sound doable?

It’s doable but I’m not sure if it’s doable on the standard 5:2. Maybe on ADF.

Good Morning everyone! (at least for me it’s the morning! 🙂

I would also like to join this challenge! – I want to feel good about my body. I have about 20 to lose by April. I am on my second fasting day. I plan to fast each Monday and Thursday.

I have planned my fasting meals for 500 calories a day. It is only mid morning and I find myself hungry. Any tips for pushing the pang away?

Drink lots and lots of water and get busy with all those boring tasks you’ve been putting off for months.

And don’t eat. Many of us find it far easier to cope with zero calories than 500. It may not work for you but I find that eating leads to more eating whereas a rock solid fasting mindset leaves no room for indulgence. It may not be the officially sanctioned easy going ethos of 5:2 but it does banish temptation.

It’s been a bit quiet here 🙂 but I hope everyone is doing well in terms of their losses. November was very tricky for me as I stumbled at certain weight. I lost, put it back and again lost – yoyoing betwen 1-2kg was really demotivating. I didn’t like it at all. The stall has moved my target further into January or February, alas.

On the other hand, I’m pleased to update that my BMI is in the healthy range now. I wear size 10-8 and I’m over the moon with my success so far. The 17th of December was a year ago when I decided it was the time I began my weight loss journey. After a year, I am 33.4kg or 5 stones 3.6lbs lighter – hoooray! 🙂

I’m halfway there. Have successfully hit my Xmas target of 90kgs having lost 10 since the start of September doing the 4:3. Quite amazed at my willpower on this having never done any kind of dieting before. Now have an end of July target of 83kg – though i’m pretty sure this will be harder but plan to exercise more now there’s a bit less weight on my knees.
    Things I have changed for good regardless of the 5:2 diet:
    1 No longer have an enormous bowl of cereal for breakfast instead have yoghurt and fruit (mainly a handful of blueberrries or grapes).
    2 Fewer crisps – Was often eating two packs a day, now just a couple of low cal bags a week
    3 Less chocolate – trying to do it just as an end of week treat.
    Er, that’s it.
    Hope everyone has a great Xmas

Encouraging narratives so far.

I’m pretty much on track, too.
    Reached my Christmas goal weight of 50.0 kg this morning. My ultimate goal weight is 48.0 kg: I originally planned to get there by the end of March next year, but it looks as though I might just get there sooner 🙂
    Down to a size 8 now from size 14/16 this time last year. Have only been doing the 5:2/4:3 diet for a couple of months (was just floundering before I adopted it), but it is working well.

Persevering with 4:3. Will drop that to 5:2 when I get to 49.0 kg and then to 6:1 for maintenance once I hit my ultimate goal weight of 48.0 kg.

Unless the excesses of Christmas take their toll, in which case…

We shall see!

Merry Christmas, all 🙂

Well done Snap My Fingers and Carl James, and everyone! We all had goals and that is the main thing. If you don’t have a goal, how do you know where you’re headed?
    My goal at the end of May was size 10 for Christmas, from a 14/16. I was aiming for a weight loss of 14 kg, from 74 to 60. With one week to go, I have made it to 61 kg! So I’m very happy. I’ll persevere over Christmas as I really want to make 60 kg, but I can now buy size 10 tops from M&S, and I actually have skinny 12 trousers and a pair of relaxed fit 10s.
    All at 400g on average lost per week. IT CAN BE DONE!
    Happy Christmas everyone!!

Thanks, Nerves of Steel… You’ve done so well, too!

We (I should mention that both I and my partner have embarked upon this dietary regimen) have typed up a weight chart and affixed it to the front of the fridge.

It serves two purposes… Firstly – obviously – it logs our weight on a daily basis, so we know at any given time where we stand and whether or not we’re on track.

And secondly, it serves as a disincentive as we reach into the fridge for forbidden “nicies”…

Seems to be working!

Well – Christmas is over!! I decided to enjoy the day – tasting all the nice goodies etc and joining in with the rest of the family – that was lovely! Turkey with all the trimmings and mince pie with some fantastic Chablis followed by some dark chocolate and coffee. I’d started the day with a ‘variety pack’ box of cornflakes and pink grapefruit and the day finished with some homemade almond cake and a delicious chocolate coconut and fruit slice plus some plain rice cakes and some very ripe Camembert-like cheese that you had to scoop up with a spoon!
    I ‘fasted’ yesterday by having coffee for breakfast and making a nice salad for lunch full from a 5:2 recipe book with cucumber courgette avocado and cherry tomatoes and some red kidney beans with a fresh lime squeezed over it – that was served with a choice of cold smoked mackerel or turkey left over from the previous day and was enjoyed by all!! That was lunchtime sorted!
    Had the odd cup of coffee and after coming home in the evening from a Boxing Day show I had some tinned apricots and yoghurt and red
    I had already decided that it wasn’t going to be a disaster to really enjoy the Christmas food and I was really pleased that after all that I’d only put on a pound!!
    I’m confident now that I’ll be ‘back on track’ with another couple of fast days
    The other noticeable bonus was the ability to enjoy all the tasty food and drink in just v modest quantities and it didn’t feel at all uncomfortable and I didn’t have to draw attention to ‘my diet’ !!
    Looking forward to reading about others’ experiences!!

Christmas eve marked 12 weeks of ADF for me which I finished off with a 72 hour fast.
    I only bought scales about 4 weeks ago so I’ve no idea how much weight I’ve lost. As I’ve said, I only need to lose my belly as my limbs are like twigs anyway so gauging success on the scales is a bit pointless.
    The main thing is my waist is shrinking and nothing protrudes past my waistline any more! I can stand in a pub without constantly sucking my belly in as I’ve nothing to feel self conscious about.
    I’ll do maybe one more month of ADF after the hols and then see how I get on with 5:2.
    Christmas challenge completed!

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply.