5:2 Binger – My 12 week journey

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5:2 Binger – My 12 week journey

This topic contains 126 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  NancyDrew 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 127 total)

• Hello, All
    Yes, it is a FD for me and it is going well, thanks for asking. I practice yoga this morning – feels good. My husband told me today that it looks like i have lost weight, I did not step on the scale did not want to be disappointed after yesterday’s eating. Numbers on the scale make my day or break it – nothing i can do about it. will take a deep breath and do it tomorrow.
    My FD today is not bad at all, i have been a little lightheaded and sleepy since I started 5:2.
    Walking is great, NancyDrew, 100% agree, today is a very nice day will ask my husband to take a 30 min. walk.
    keep 5:2 up!

Oh the pain! I’ve had back pain building over the past few days and last night was particularly painful. But this morning – oh my word it was agony, especially when I cough.

Back to the docs for the third time. After 8 weeks of coughing, a cracked rib, and now a pulled muscle in my back – he says “I think you’ve suffered enough”, and has given me antibiotics to help with the cough in order to help with the rib and back pain.

Finally I have some hope that I’ll soon get rid of this cough and get my life back to normal!

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain. It is a vicious circle: cannot move much because of pain, no move, no weight loss, no motivation, feeling down and food as a comfort.
    Well, in the M. Mosley documentary he actually started to look for ways to improve his health, loosing weight was not on his mind at all. That came as a side effect. Did you watch the documentary? It could be an inspiration.
    I am loving my scale today. My first FD was on March 17. I lost 4.1 kg. yesterday FD was not bad at all. I had a funny thought yesterday: in my previous dieting attempts I always hated the first day- oh, it is just day one, why do I have to start today? Tomorrow could be better…
    Yesterday I thought – oh, it is the last day of dieting, I acomplish something – great!
    Hope you, SlimMeDown, feel better soon
    Good day to everyone

Excellent weight loss Alisa253! Well done you.

I’m looking forward to being able to start 5:2 again. I’m looking at my first FD being Mon 13th April (because I’ll have finished antibiotics and hopefully nearly pain free) so as my original post was about a 12 week journey, I’ll start my 12 weeks from then.

I think i’m going to have to force myself to go for a walk even when i haven’t got the dog! Just moved offices at work and on the 3rd floor so using the stairs a lot too!

SlimMeDown, glad things are getting better, roll on the 13th! Just time to get loads of easter eggs in before you start fasting again πŸ˜‰

Well done Alisha πŸ™‚

hello,
    Thanks for your support. Hope things are going well for everyone. it is another FD for me, so far it is good and easier than the last week. I like routines and seems like my body is getting ok with 5:2 life style – I HOPE! At the moment i feel very good about it.
    Today i eat the same menu as on my first FD only changing a protein bar, I want a green salad with an egg instead. it looks big and it is only 160 cal. I use butter greens salad, 1 kumato tomato, 2 radishes, 1 small cucumber, 1 boiled egg, and the dressing is 1 tbsp of mustard + lemon juice.
    Yesterday I read Mimi Spencer’s book FastBeach diet – 6 weeks of speedy 5:2 diet. Sounds good and i would like the results for my upcoming trip exactly in 6 weeks. Should I go for it?

Nancydrew – Easter eggs, yummy. That’s the great thing about 5:2 (7:0 in my case!), you can work FD’S around easter and have an egg if you want one.

Alisa253 – I haven’t read that book but to be honest, you seem to be getting on really well as you are so is there a risk if you make it more restrictive, that you might find it too hard and then stop altogether? I’m not presuming you would give up, please don’t think that! But personal experience for me says that if something is working well then I shouldn’t mess with it.

xx

Hi Slimmedown , yes thanks got back in control did FD on 1st April walked 5 miles home from work (In the Rain!) Out to Lunch today so will not be doing 2 consecutive days this week, probably tomorrow …then I will have to avoid the hot cross buns!
    Lost 1 LB this week….happy with that at week 3..now lost 7lbs..
    Have a good weekend…dont get too stressed over impending Interview. a new lippy for the Interview..?.good luck

Well done Soonbslim – 7lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic and a great rate for long term loss xx

Tried on my interview suit this morning and it fits fine so that’s good.

I’m thinking of treating myself to a Fitbit Charge I’m I feel I’ve done a good interview. Does anybody have one?

xx

I do the 4:3 and really enjoy it. I do 2 days eating normally, then fast, 2 days normal, fast and so on. I find only taking a day between fasting is tough xx

Hello, happy Friday!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding FastBeach diet or 4:3 diet. I am thinking…
    I do not have Fibit, it looks nice on Amazon, very popular item. If you, SlimMeDown, get it let us know your experience. I am very happy for you feeling good in your interview suit! This is such good feeling! Because if I can avoid the scale, not stepping on it, I cannot avoid my tight clothers and get disappointed.
    Wishing you good progress with 5:2 and good weekend

Good morning..That’s great Slimmedown, lovely feeling when something is comfortable to wear, does wonders for confidence! I was looking at Fitbits yesterday after I had walked to work 5.2 miles a silly oclock!! at least it wasn’t raining. If you buy one would be interested to hear what you think. looking at different walking apps but consensus of opinion appears to be that a lot of them are seriously inaccurate…any positive recommendations on them anyone ?
    Hope Easter weekend goes ok, a friend of mine brought me chocolate last night, I call it sabotage!I refused to accept it… Good luck for Tuesday

Well i did another weigh in, despite saying i’d only weigh myself every 2 weeks, and i’ve lost again! Very happy Easter bunny i am!
    So i’m 3 months in, and lost in total 14.9kg thats 2 stone 4 pounds. Never felt better and i can see changes too, my fat knees have shape again, my work tops are no longer clinging to my second belly, in fact they are loose! All my waistbands on jeans are really loose.
    And energy, i have tons! I’m a naturally lazy person (i really could lay on the sofa on all day!) but now i have plenty of energy. Thats not to say i’m doing workouts every day i’m not, in fact i haven’t done much exercide if i’m honest. Walking aside, i do some of my ’60 second promise’ dvd, so only really about 20 mins of high intensity stuff at weekends. I keep saying i’ll do some in the week but never do when i get home from work. I am going to try and fit a bit in during the weeks now i think, as i’m feeling fitter and look less like a hippo jumping round the room πŸ˜‰

The best thing is that i’m never hungry, i eat smaller portions and less food in general but i still relaly enjoy my food in fact i enjoy it more.

Also LOVE coming on here to read everyones stories and encouragement. its fab.
    So keep it up all of you, you are all doing great!

Oh, also, have inspired others to do this plan too, a couple of friends are now starting the 5:2!

Wow! That is inspiring, NancyDrew! Your post screams – I am unstoppable! Thanks for sharing, very happy for you and will keep going too.
    I decided to make this Monday an FD in addition to Tuesday and Thursday. I did not feel hungry this morning and kind of started 500 cal day to see if I last, it is ok today.
    I do not want to do FD on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Those days my husband and I cook together, I do not want to miss the experience. So I have four days for fasting. I am keeping in mind that I sould be patient with results, although I will be traveling next week and some weight drop would be nice.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend

Thanks Alisha, i’m really enjoying this plan!
    I’m doing a FD today which is welcome as i scoffed a Lindor bunny last night and feel proper stuffed!

I am with you, NancyDrew. I do not know what is different, but I believe in this plan, I can see it as a life style, I am exited and most important I am doing it.
    You know, somehow i can eat chocolate mindfully, strange, because I can eat endlessly yogurt or everything else, but chocolate I am on the best behavior. I eat only dark Belgium chocolate Neuhose is my favorite brand and eat one squire (69 cal) with a cup of esspresso – feel very good. Chocolate does make me happy.
    I am having FD today again. My weight went up πŸ™
    Good day

Wow everyone, you are all doing so fantastic. You are all such an inspiration!

I had my interview today and got offered the role under an hour later. So pleased!

So, I ordered my fitbit yesterday which should get delivered tomorrow. I’m looking forward to getting back on the 5:2 wagon and incorporating more exercise. First FD will be Monday so I’ll re-weigh then and finally start this 12 week journey!

Sounds good, SlimMeDown! You are the leader of this post, it is also your important role in addition to the one you got at work. How is your health?

Congratulations SlimMedown !that’s great news. Hope you feel ready for the rest of this 12 week journey.
    Nancydrew – that’s a fantastic result you are truly inspirational

Alisa I’m the same love my yogurt but have managed to ignore chocolate, quite impressed with myself as I used to eat multi pack of Kit Kat if I was fed up!

Have a good week all !

Ha – thanks Alisa253, altho I’m sure I should be made to step down as leader of this post due to poor performance!

The health is loads better thanks. I’m still coughing and a bit snotty but the rib and back are much improved so at least I can cough without the pain.

Definitely looking forward to getting my body healthy again. I have felt really quite vulnerable whilst I’ve been ill which has been quite surprising but it’s made me so much more determined to be fit and healthy.

Soonbslim – thanks ☺

I just find that even though i still have chocolate i eat less of it. in fact i eat less of everything! I know i could have done that anyway but i guess those 2 fast days a week really train your body to accept smaller portions. I’ve counted calories on other diets and lost weight but usually give up at the 3 month mark as i feel deprived. I guess the 2 days of really limited calories makes us appreciate ‘feast’ days. I’m baffled really but its def working and i don’t feel like giving up at all, as i usually do at this point.
    Onwards and upwards and time to buy some new jeans too!

SlimMeDown, glad to hear you are feeling better and can start 5:2 again next week.
    Thanks SoonBSlim!
    Alisha, yes i belive in this plan too and def see it as a lifetime thing.

Hello, All
    just had my FD dinner. Next Tuesday will be 1 month of my 5:2 life. i will step on the scale and measure my body parts and record the results, will share with my team;-). I do not expect surprisingly low numbers but i feel good and will keep going with the plan. I also will be traveling to San Francisco – love the city, it so much fun. I already booked a spa treatment, will go to the spa from the airport – nice! I think the days of actual travel will be perfect for FDs.
    I went to cycling class this morning and tried (HIT) high intensity training – M.Mosley is talking about it in his last book, I did not read the book, but watched his interview on u-tube. it is very hard, i was out of breath completely.
    NancyDrew, i read your last post when you writing about your previous diets. it was the same for me. I tried Weight Watches and hated it. First online – i found that the system adds 0 for fruits and vegetables and i just ate so much of it ( well, healthy, but also sugar and very uncomfortable feeling). it was like i wanted to prove that WW program does not work. I also tried the meetings – boring, i felt like in elementary school. did not lose anything. Oh, then it was Master Cleanse time – lost weight very fast, got it back very fast too, felt hungry and down, no energy…
    do not want to do any of those!
    good day

I’m officially addicted to my fitbit! I got it on Weds at approx, 5pm and thought I’d set the daily steps goal to 2,500 as a first step as I wasn’t sure I could get straight to the recommended 10,000. I took my sons on a walk around the block and to the local park, and with the usual house chores I managed over 3,000 steps just in those few hours.

So then yesterday was my first full day with it and I certainly walked a lot more than I would’ve done if I didn’t have this band on my wrist. I ended the day with just under 11,000 steps!

So I’ve got the walking part sorted. New to get a couple of fast days under my belt to start decreasing the weight!

Have a good day all x

Good Monday morning.
    Sounds like Fitbit is a nice toy, I will think about it.
    Are you starting the 12 weeks of 5:2 adventure today, SlimMeDown?

hello, All
    How are the things, any updates? I am back from my trip to San Francisco. I had a very good time. The weather was wonderful – sunny, warm, and dry. I walked a lot up and down the hills, did not take taxi even once, also happy with the eating while traveled. I had 2 FDs (days when I actually traveled) and did not eat much, no snacks, no deserts, did not lose much either (?) just 200 g – not happy about it.
    any success stories, I need some support and motivation
    hope everyone is well

Hi everyone hope all are well and still on schedule ! Sounds like you had a great time Alisa. Don’t get disheartened ! how many of us loose weight on holiday well done!

I didn’t loose anything this week but have lost a stone since 1st January 2015 !
    10 LBS on Fast Diet and 4 LBS I lost before!

I haven’t been walking much last week as been very tired after having a horrible cold (my partner had flu !)
    Oh well Monday tomorrow…start again Have a good week

My total loss is now 15.1 kg.
    Saw my mum the other day and she could see hoiw much weight i’d lost. Caught sight of myself in a full length mirror and was happy to see no bulgy bits!

Hows everyone else doing? Do you find the warmer weather makes it easier to fast?

That is very impressive loss, NancyDrew! When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
    So, you do not binge any more, or you never had that problem?
    I agree spring is the best time to get more active and lighter. I used to drop weight in the spring with no efforts.

No i don’t really binge now but i used to be a real piggy especially in the evenings. My overall meals were never that bad but it was all the extra stuff i’d have that was my downfall. My job is office based so i’m not active throughout the day, before i’d have brekky, a big lunch then cake! Then dinner when i got in, which was normally pretty healthy, but then it’d be chocolate in the evening. I was addicted to Haribo sweets and could polish off a bag a night. Now i just find i don’t want to eat as much. I’m still having nice stuff, (plenty of chocolate just less of it!)i had my first bag of haribo the other night since i started this, and struggled to eat half the bag. I have had a couple of days where i felt like i wnated to stuff my face but even when i do i get full too quickly and then don’t want to eat much more.
    I describe this experience as like having a gastric band without the surgery, because i simply can’t eat as much a si did without feeling bloated.

I’m still not doing as much exercise as i think i could, aside from walking more (and running up the 3 flights of stairs to my office!), buti’m not too fussed as happy with my weight loss and def feel fitter, so that will come more gradually i reckon.

15.9kg is my loss now! πŸ™‚
    Thats the most i’ve ever lost in one go and still want to carry on, i usually give up after 3 months even if i’ve managed to lose weight as i get sick of being on a diet and counting calories, which is of course another bonus of this!

16 kg! NancyDrew, are you still visible?
    That is a lot of kgs! Very happy for you
    Regarding exersises, do not push it, sounds like you are active- walking and stairs- that exactly HIT – high intensity training. You do not do HIT for long time.
    You know that we do not lose weight exersising, don’t you?
    I exersise- go to the health club every day – cycling classes, yoga classes, and pool classes.
    I also have a desk job and started to go to the health club just because the thought that I actually can do less than 20 steps a day( 12 steps from the second floor, few steps in the garage)- this thought terrified me.
    But work outs make you hungry and make you eat more food. I did not have a good balance trying to exersise and diet. The result was binging, I could not control myself.
    Exersise is a good habit but do not stress to much

I’ve just spent some time reading back through the posts here and totally connecting with what you are all saying about binge eating as this is a bad habit of mine too. I have periods of time where I just ‘eat’. Normally sugary, carb heavy stuff and I am like a bottomless pit that doesn’t fill up. I always thought the issue was psychological/ emotional but I’m thinking I might be wrong. I came across this website and consequently read the book-
    http://www.radiantrecovery.com
    Potatoes, Not Prozac by Kathleen Desmaisons.
    It talks about being sugar sensitive and basically the addiction is a result of a chemical imbalance in the brain which disturbs blood sugar and insulin levels and affects serotonin and beta endorphins. I haven’t followed all this book says as I don’t have the depression alongside my addiction but it has made me think maybe it’s not just ‘in my head’.
    I am staying away from the White carbs and limiting sugar much more than I used to and upping my protein. combined with 2 x fast days a week I am finding the cravings are no where near as bad. Just putting it out there in case it helps anyone else…..

Good insight post, keep writing to us, ilovecake. Will check the website.
    I know now that a habit ( bad or good, our body does not know the difference ) will be always in me, I can only control how week or how strong it is.
    I am working on making binging a weak habit…

That sounds interesting ILovecake will have a look at that.
    NancyDrew fantastic weight loss.well done ! Fell into chocolate binge one day in the week..so angry with myself..why do I do so well and then cheat myself ?
    Seem to be finding it hard to do FD Didn’t manage yesterday…started well but failed to stick to 500 caories..try again today ! Have my friend’s dog so lots of walks this weekend. Have a good one everyone !

Thanks all.
    I do exercise little and often. I do the ’60 second promise’ dvd which i like as it only takes 10 mins! High intensity workouts are the way forward i reckon! I’ll prob try and do more to tone up as i continue to lose weight. My waist has shrunk and my thighs but need to tone up my jelly belly πŸ˜‰

I still want to lose about another 2 stone, but actually feeling like this time i can do it! I’ve already inspired 2 other friends to start the 5:2 and one of them has already lost an inch off her belly so shes pretty pleased.

I find that i tend to have 600 cals on my fast days now, but i don’t stress too much about this as i know on non fast days i also tend to have 2 days where i only have about 1200 cals.

I’ve got the dog again this weekend so lots of walking for me too. Have a good one all!

It’s Friday again. We are going to a restaurant for dinner with our friends tonight. I like the place we picked, I know what to order- raw oysters( I love raw Atlantic oysters- 57 cal for six) and a crab cake with vegetables. At this restaurant they do not add flour to the crab cakes!
    Looking forward to talk to the friends.
    This week I tried two new classes at my health club, both are pool classes – Aqua Zumba and Finning. I liked both, pool is good for spring and summer time.
    I would like to loose 5 kg by May 16, my vacation. Do not know if possible. I cannot believe Sam Smith lost 14 lb in 14 days?! I really cannot believe it.
    Good weekend to all

Hows everyone doing?
    Had pizza out last night at zizzi, omg i was stuffed! Quite enjoying doing a FD today as a detox!

Hello, NancyDrew!
    I am happy today with my scale, numbers are going down!
    My FD is tomorrow – peace of cake, rihgt;-)
    Yesterday I practiced yoga in the morning and went to Aqua – Zumba in the evening- fun! We all look pretty clumsy “dancing” against water resistance, but are all happy and tired after class. Today is a good class too – Finning. We will get some pool toys – floating boards, floating dumbells… And will swim doing pulling and pushing with the arms and legs trying to keep the toys down under water. I enjoy felling my arms next day.
    I told my parents about 5:2 lifestyle and at first they were interested and ego to start. Both of them are ok but could definitely benefit of loosing weight. Yesterday I called them to answer questions, they had not even read my email with the menu and description of the diet. I got upsad
    Hope the rest of our team doing well
    Keep in touch

Hi everyone, Had my friends dog this week, so I have been power walking to meet my other half at the park after work..that’s about 30 mins then a good walk with the dog!
    loved it , not been slumped in front of the telly at night! loads of energy. Shame he goes home on Friday.Did my 1st of this weeks FDs today ok, was going to do Friday as well but now out at lunchtime! so look like it will be Thursday. Lost 1lb this week so happy with that. Alisa at least it sounds like your parents are supporting. My Mother is soo negative, but she is 83 so I just ignore her..lol
    Have a great weekend everyone

Soonbslim, Sounds like you need a dog. A dog would save you and will be your best friend! πŸ˜‰
    I am doing my second FD this week. Just came back from a meditation session – 30 min. At work our wellness and fitness instructor started offering 30 min sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I like taking chance to officially nap at work. I feel very good now.
    I took a protein bar for lunch today 170 cal, it is a Quest protein bar. Did anyone see any information about eating protein bars on FD? Is it ok?
    Good day everyone

Hi I started my 12 week journey today. Im not very active because of knee and back pain.so I swim once or. twice a week. But I pray this diet works for me. I need all the support I can get.

Hello, asia33. Best of luck on your jorney– it is a good and solid plan, you will be fine! Just listen to NancyDrew, she is a great inspiration. Swimming is wonderful activity, safe and works for all parts of the body. I go to swimming classes in the spring and summer – fun.
    Back to my question from yesterday regarding protein bars. I found that I felt hungrier after eating the bar than after eating my FD green salad for lunch, will keep eating the salad, no bars.
    Good day, any updates? How is your Fitbit, SlimMeDown? Is it good to you?

Hi Asia 33 all the best for your new eating plan it really does work !swimming is great exercise..
    On a normal day today..didn’t even feel hungry..think my raspberry and blackberry smoothie for breakfast did the trick !

Hello,
    It is my second FD this week – time to write an update.
    It looks like 5:2 style is becoming a habit(?) I do not really have any news to share. I just had my dinner, want to eat more but a thought that this is the end of my diet makes me happy and I do not eat.
    Weight goes down (sometimes a little up) slowly, and I feel good, not hopelessly stuffed, dreaming to start right tomorrow. I have direction, I am making progress and I am not afraid to make mistakes.
    How things are? Hope to read updates soon

hi Alisa253

Only been 1 FD this week too tired ! but eating realistically the rest of the week
    On the scales this morning lost 1lb this week so I am happy with that despite having a bread binge last weekend !!. Met a friend I haven’t seen since Christmas yesterday looked me up and down and said ‘ Wow you look great’ I have lost 16lbs since New year…but honestly don’t see myself having lost alot! until I picked my granddaughter up who is 15lbs….spurred me on !!
    Set myself a new target size 12 (UK) jeans by 6th JUNE (this year !!)
    Like you I have direction and personal targets that are not unattainable.
    Have a good week all

Hello, Soonbslim
    Good to hear from you. It does not look like I will meet my goal/ wish. My vacation starts next Saturday and I wanted to see 55 kg on the scale, it is not happening, but I will get there. I have to say that I still overeat time after time and my bad habit was – take laxative when I do it. One event triggers another… Really want to stop this. I can be honest writing here, so I will honestly report my efforts.
    What do you eat on your FDs? Anything you like?
    Glad to hear that you get compliments! They help so well!
    Do you like to spend time with your granddaughter?

Hi Alisa 253

Hope you have a great vacation..your determination will get you t0 55 kg..but please please steer yourself away from taking laxatives it is VERY dangerous…I lost a good friend who did that ! it really is not worth it,
    My fast days usually don’t eat until about lunchtime usually have about 100 calories i.e a pear and 100grm cottage cheese later on in the afternoo will have a hard boiled egg and then some chicken or fish with salad with calories left for dinner.
    I have just had my Granddaughter for the weekend she is almost 6 mnths old. I am exhausted.. forgotten how tiring babies can be…!
    Just enjoy yourself… that’s what holidays are for . I have about 4 weeks until mine! Have a good week !

Hi all
    Just checking in to see what you are all up to and how things are going! I’m on week four now and there is a downward trend but have just bought some new electric scales which weigh me 6lbs heavier than my old ones! Will just take the hit for now as the weight is going down (albeit slowly).
    I’m still finding the weekend a challenge as habit dictates I can just relax and enjoy myself which goes hand in hand with more food and eating without thinking. Hard to break these bad habits but I think it is getting easier.
    Have a good week!

Ok had a minor set back. Had an accident that resulted in 7 stitchs in my leg and a week off work doing nothing but sitting and watching tv. As someone who has recently lost weight and enjoyed being fit, this felt awful i missed being outside going for walks. I’m back at work today after 9 days off and can still only walk slowly and struggle with stairs.
    Stitches come out on friday so hopefully will gradually build up strength again in leg.
    Luckily i haven’t put weight on, even while doing absolutely nothing i still didn’t overeat and did my fast days but i did feel sluggish a lot, just not having the exercise, i really noticed it.
    I can’t wait to be able to do a work out again! Never thought i’d say that!

Hope everyone is well! πŸ™‚

Hello, All
    Happy to hear from all! Soonbslim, thanks for sharing about your friend. For sometime taking laxative was my secret, than I wanted to stop it for good and mentioned it to a nutritionist I went to see. She suggested to stop taking pills but I did not get any serious concern. Your reaction was ten times stronger. I doing my best never take it again.
    NancyDrew get well soon, we need your inspiration and good news.
    Ilovecake you are strong keeping cool with your new scale. I would not take it well and my husband would request money back in the store supporting me;-)
    My #17 FD is done. It went well. We had a dinner with my father-in-law and I could eat and still follow the FD just fine. I had chicken breast and zucchini spaghetti
    Good day

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply.