5-2 User SInce 2015 worked great until about 7 months ago

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5-2 User SInce 2015 worked great until about 7 months ago

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  innerphaze 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi Everyone,
    New to this forum, but have been using 5-2 IF since 2015 and got to my target weight after about 6 months of following 5-2, and maintained my weight up until the pandemic, then I took 2 months off during the pandemic. I went back to it in May of 2021, and have not been able to loose the weight like I did before. I seem to be stuck about 15 pounds heavier than I want to be.

I kept up the same exercise routine, and am just really confused why it stopped working so well. Has anyone else encountered this, and did anyone find a way to solve this?

I’m glad I found this site, and hope to get some good suggestions or advice.

Thanks!

Hi,

Somebody else made a similar comment just the other day – I’ve copied my reply to that below. I’m not sure it helps, but you aren’t the only one. It must be something to do with changes in the way the body processes food, so the weight comes off much slower after you’ve initially lost a lot of weight and the body has already adjusted to smaller meals.

“Back in 2013/14 after 6 months of 5:2 and having lost all the weight I wanted to I switched to 6:1 for about 8 months but the weight crept back up and when I switched back to 5:2 the weight didn’t come off again nearly as fast as it had in those first 6 months – in fact I’ve never got back down quite as low again, although I did change my target to be a bit higher at a BMI of 22.5, instead of down at 21.6 which was the minimum I got too (when some people said I looked too thin).

I chose 22.5 as a wide ranging health analysis at the time, looking at loads of different studies, indicated it was the healthiest weight across a range of factors including the immune system’s ability to fight off infections. I don’t know if that conclusion has since been revised over the last 7 years.”

I think perseverance is the only solution I can think of.

Thanks! I am hoping I can find a way to get it going again, but perseverance never hurts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.