4:3 Fasting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ian1984 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I started the 5:2 on January 6 this year and plan to weigh myself this Friday and then again at the end of each month until I reach my goal weight. I know by my clothes that I have lost weight (my belt is now on another notch) and I have lost a couple of inches from my waist (my problem area!). I am thinking of doing 4:3 for the month of February as we have a lot of things on socially so know that the weekends will be hard. Has anybody else found by doing 4:3 it helps them to stay on track?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi JFitzy. I started this WOE in December 2013 and have done 4:3 throughout, apart from a 2 week break over christmas and 2 weeks of 5:2 after christmas to get me back into the swing of things. I like to do 4:3 because I am impatient to be honest, but I do find that psychologically doing 4:3 makes me feel better about how much I am doing for my health, and the results are always positive. I have lost weight each week without fail. I think I had one day where I gave in since I started, but other than that I have kept well on track. I find its good for me, but its not for everybody. Give it a try and see if it works for you 😀

Hi Natasha

Thanks for that. I am doing 4:3 this week to see how I get on. I did Monday and yesterday and I am going to do tomorrow. So far so good. I will report back when I have done the 4 weeks!!

Jilly

Hello to the two of you,

I have done a combination of 5:2, 4:3 and ADF combined with a generally much healthier diet over the last ten weeks and it worked very well. I am now close to goal weight and therefore 4:3 or ADF would be too much for me.

I alternated between the different forms of dieting depending on my week. The last two weeks I was in Europe and could not do any fasting, but I did calorie count and tried to eat very healthy. I still lost 1/2kg!

So it works!

Best of luck
    Stef.

I too have also been completing the 4:3 version of the Fast Diet and have been doing so for three weeks now with excellent results. I have already lost 20 pounds, it’s just fallen off me. I also eat sensibly on the non fast days but not obsessively. I feel great completing the 4:3, I’m much more alert and have lots of energy. I have also cut alcohol out of my diet completely for the time being.

Now I’m in the swing of the diet I would like to try 24 fasts. Has anyone tried that yet? It’s great to read other peoples experiences.

Hi @ian1984 I assume you mean a 24 hour fast. I sometimes do 4:3, other times I do 5:2. Whichever I am doing, I eat dinner on a non fast day then have nothing but black coffee and water until dinner the next day when I have a meal of up to 500 cals then I have nothing else until lunch time on the next non fast day (I never eat breakfast)

I can do this 2 or 3 times a week with no problems but I would stress that this works for me but will not necessarily work for everyone.

It’s a case of trying different ways until you find what works best for you. That’s what’s so good about this way of eating.

xx

Hey there. Thank you for your reply. Yeah that’s the same as I have planned for next week whereas now on work fast days I will have an alpen light bar and a muller light or sometimes a cuppa soup light then a small light option meal on the tea time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.