4:3 & 10,000 Steps!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  bcjmmac 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi,

My first post and an opportunity to say thank you to Michael. I saw the documentary last August and haven’t look back since. It is truly a life changing approach.

A couple of comments on my approach and what has worked for me, especially when plateauing recently:
    • Started off doing the 5:2 split fast days – then two fast days together – lost 10lbs from 16st 8lbs start point
    • Lost control on certain non-fast days – binging a little on crisps/sweets
    • But started to get a really strong feeling of extra energy and focus on fast days
    • I was nervous at first about exercise & complex work commitments when fasting – now I organise my week to fast when I have more challenging business meetings as my focus/energy peaks on those days
    • I moved to a 4:3 regime (Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursday) – lost 4 more lbs
    • Meals are always 300 cals at breakfast around 7-8am and 300 cals at 7pm
    • I started to plateau around 15st 8lbs – for 3-4 weeks even with 3 days fasting – but my exercise levels were low and I was still binging on NF days
    • I then read one of Michaels posts on exercise/activity and 10,000 steps – plus controlling your intake on NF days.
    • I bought a good quality pedometer, and now do 10,000+ steps 6 days a week – I usually give myself one day of 5-6,000 steps. This has made a massive difference – I feel stronger and love walking now. I do a 45 min walk most evenings around my village. I strongly recommend it.
    • I’ve now lost another 8lbs – so down to 15 stone.
    • I do drink lots of water on fast days (and non-fast days) 4-5 litres usually – but do get constipation – but not badly
    • My ‘tape measured’ waist size has come down from 43inches to 40.5inches and my target is 39inches (i’m 79 inches high so half is 39.5 and I wanted to be just under).

Hopefully some of that will be useful for others. 10,000 Steps and 4:3 are working wonders. My energy levels are a lot higher now. My main worry is what do I do when I hit my targets!

Brent

Great to hear of your combination of intermittent fasting with 10,000 steps and really pleased that it is working wonders for you. Sounds like you are doing really well and good luck reaching your tape measured waist target!

Really inspiring – thank you Brent.  I’m starting next week ater the bank holiday.  Not a huge amount of weight to lose (about a stone) but really interested in the health aspects.  Have been trying to do 10,000 steps a day too – find it impossible at the moment (usually only do around 5,000) but have invested in a good pedometer and will try to up the daily steps gradually where I can.

Hi Jacqui,

I have a desk bound job and drive to work – so I was probably doing 4,000 steps maximum a day before I changed – I got the pedometer and just got fixated on getting to 10,000 a day – so started walking around my village listening to podcasts 8-9pm at night. Not my usual evening – but once you go for it – it starts to deliver real results in 2 weeks or so with IF. It is now my routine – I give my self one night off a week to fit around social commitments.

Good luck I’m sure you will make it a success.

Brent

Hi well done, I’m doing 10000 steps plus most days walking the dogs and fasting on Monday and Wednesdays restricted calorie intake to 1700 calories on non fasting days. I’ve lost around 21kg and am nearing my target of sub 80kg and a BMI of under 25 (I’m 25.39 currently but have been 25.22). I use an app called Striiv that helps me count steps & motivates in a fun way, it links and uploads your calorie burn rate to MyFitness App where I input my food intake, once your in the swing of it it doesn’t take long and it’s reall helped me stay on track.. Cheers hope this helps.

I am just starting and have no problem with day one. This was helpful because I wondered if 4:3 offered any benefits over 5:2. It is more comfortable to have flexibility, and that is one of the major benefits of the Fast Diet program.
    Thanks Drs Mike & Mimi.

Hello Brent you are an inspirational

Hi all on this…I started a blog over a year ago and lost 23 lbs from January to August, but gained 14 back.
    Am starting back again tomorrow to lose that gained weight and 10 more lbs. I’m nervous because it was hard, which is why I quit, but i want to gain control again.
    I’m 49, 182 lbs and a binge eater/ drinker, even though I work out almost every day.
    I’m hoping to conquer this demon, once and for all. Any support is greatly appreciated. Cheers

I have a tendency to binge & love wine.
    I combat binging by avoiding carbs, especially sweets, as that helps me limit cravings. Best way to do it is not to have any readily available – ditto with wine. They seem to call to me/easier than using will power to resist.
    I set aside 1 day/week to meet the gang for a night out where I don’t worry about things. 2 boiled eggs for breakfast that day, nothing after if I can help it, so that things don’t get too out of whack. Working so far.
    Good luck!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.