4 Weeks in and still no weight loss!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 Weeks in and still no weight loss!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  garmel 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi fellow fasters,

I have been fasting for 4 weeks now, sticking strictly to the 500 calories on fast days. I have been struggling with hunger pangs and concentraction, but the worst part is in 4 weeks I have only lost 1lb! I am, according to most of my friends, a very healthy eater naturally anyway. I am not one to over-indulge or eat fast foods, so I am no over eating on my non fast days. I just wanted to loose 8-10lbs before I went on holiday to feel more comfortable on the beach. I go to a circuit class once a week and run 6k a week too (started at the same time as fasting).

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I don’t seem to be loosing weight? Or any ideas to give my body a kick start?

Thank you!

I couldn’t lose the last 8 pounds until I moved to three days of fasting. It came off pretty quickly then.

Thank you Amy C I will give that a go.

Hi claireybelle. Re your lack of weight loss I would suggest you click on the “HOW” and the “FAQ” links at the top of the page. You will find some good advice there to help you. Amy C. has some good advice and believe it or not alternate day fasting can kick start your metabolism and can be done easily. In addition if you are on any medication check out any side effects. I wondered why I started to put on weight a few years ago and discovered my anti – histamine tablets had a weight gain side effect. Remember we are all different and even certain illness can result in weight gain.
    Good Luck.

I had read recently that sometimes when you lose fat quickly, the body in an attempt toward homeostasis will fill up the cells that are burning off fat with water. So it will seem both on the scale and in clothes that you are not losing weight. I think it takes 4-6 weeks for the body to get used to it and drop the water. It may just be that.

Thank you all very much for your advice. Couscous I will take a look at the links, and also check my anti-histamine too. Josie that is really interesting, I know us ladies to retain a lot of water. Thank you.

Hi there! I’m in a similar situation. Wanting to lose 10 pound and haven’t lose more than a pound or 2 that I only gain back. I am also a pretty healthy eater and an active, frequent exerciser. I think when it’s those last few pounds it’s more difficult. Idk. Think I might try the 4:3 as well…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.