3rd Week of Fast and feel shattered today

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
3rd Week of Fast and feel shattered today

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  RoBa 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi everyone
    I hope you are all well.
    I am on my 3rd week of fasting and this is my first fast day of the week, I have done nothing different to I usually would except for today I am exhausted. I could quite easily curl and go to sleep, don’t think work would like it very much.
    On my previous fast days I havent felt this at all infact probably the opposite, has anyone else experienced this?

It may be something other than the fasting causing the tiredness. I’m much weaker willed though when I’m tired so hang in there!!!

Thanks ChrissieinBrittany. I am struggling a bit today, tiredness makes me think of food.Onwards and upwards dinner time soon 🙂

I am on week two of trying out the 5/2 fasting, although I did fast three days in Aug. I’m fasting today – and holy cow, I’m tired and cranky. My mind is telling me “This sucks. I can’t make it to my low-cal Ratatouille dinner.” Question – do fast days get easier? I have always been a person who gets a bit light-headed, really spacey and cranky when I am hungry. Just having trouble functioning today. Any advice?

Hi Americancyclist, and welcome, I get extremely cranky on my fast days, the trick is finding something to divert your attention from the fact that you are not hungry only “Comfortably empty”. Try a course on “dry stone walling”, “baking for beginners”, or “how to tie a dickie bow tie”, during the periods of crankieness or hunger. Emap, could it be the marathon you have just run that is making you tired or the fact that you have just pushed a broken down chieftain tank off the road?
    Seriously though, you are no different to many of us posters and well done for that. I wish you well, research and experiment to find what suits you in this project and please keep us posted.
    Good Luck.

Couscous – thanks for the advice. I was planning on zoning out to Netflix but instead I did an indoor painting project. It did help distract me!

I know that crappy tired feeling. I’m not in any hurry to get to my goal weight so if I’m feeling really ordinary I just eat and fast another day. Don’t beat yourself up. It ain’t a fail, just a postponement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.