35 pounds lighter…and the 6:1 Maintenance program works!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
35 pounds lighter…and the 6:1 Maintenance program works!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kilda 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello Fasters,

Just a note to say since August I lost the 30 pounds I was going for…and then 5 more just because I wanted a bit more gone. I am happily at 130 now which is (per the insurance scales) exactly midway in my IBW. And to those that knew of the black leather trousers…yes…they fit perfectly now! I have moved to the 6:1 for almost a month and it seems to be maintaining fine. Even better..if I do see a fluctuation in the scales I know all I have to do is revert to the 5:2 again and it will be gone.

To put the loss in perspective I was hauling around a twenty pound bag of potatoes and a ten pound bag of sugar and a 5 pound sack of flour with me everyday…everywhere.

(…trying to find a good before photo/ and already have the after in those black trousers…) Does anyone know how to upload them to this site?

My last labs were perfect.

I feel better and have more energy than I have had in a long long time.

To the beginners here…ignore the naysayers…you CAN do this! I stopped responding to them at all. Pretty soon the results started speaking for themselves.

Tips I found over the last 6 months?

I found on Fast Days that having a 200 cal breakfast and nothing solid for lunch (fluids only)…and the rest of my calories (to total 500) in the evening worked better for me. Solids in between just made me hungrier.

I shuffled my Fast Days to take in account holidays and special occasions…not being able to eat at Family Gatherings just wasn’t possible.

When I wanted a cupcake or a lovely piece of pie or chocolate on my Non-Fast days…I had it. I dropped the good foods-evil food rhetoric that dieting has pounded into me forever and just enjoyed all foods again.

When I plateaued…I realized that by ramping it up to 4:3 it would kickstart weight loss again.

After the first month or so with the 500 days I naturally wanted smaller portions. Now a normal or even smaller than portion size fills me up.

Measure measure measure…sometimes even when you don’t see the needle on the scale move…the fat is shifting. there were times I wouldn’t see a pound loss but I would see an inch loss.

((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to all of you
    and to Michael and Mimi for this wonderful “…last diet I will ever need…”

Carla

Congratulations Carla!

lovely inspiring post, thank you for sharing!! 🙂 enjoy your maintenance !

Thank you for that encouraging post! I am determined to make this diet work and to have the body I had as a youngster. The thought of being able to fast one time a week and keep the weight off is quite appealing! I can lose weight, but keeping it off is a totally different challenge.

congratulations on your success, Carla! I hope I can make a post like it in a year. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.