30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 2,621 total)

• Day 2 – US – NFD

@coda 😪Sorry your having a difficult time. I hope everything will be better soon for you and your family. You mean the world to us.✨

@flourbaby Very glad you are here. Great aims for April✨😊
    @exdolly Thank-you for checking in✨
    @nellsjimenez Nice to see you here.✨Thank- you for checking in.✨
    @snowflake56 Thank-you for the compliment✨Glad to do it!💛😊
    @belfastink ✨Good Luck to you! Your Welcome!✨
    @at Thank-you and I’m very glad you are here!✨🌈✨Congratulations 💃on your 5th month of maintaining your goal weight!💃✨🎉Thank-you for sharing your aims for April I’m pretty sure your success has to do with being aware of your options and planning your success! ✨
    @fordprefect since you were the person who originally shared the video of Dr. Mosley with me. https://youtu.be/Ihhj_VSKiTs
    I’m so glad you joined the April group! High ✋five on your losing 17 lbs since December.✨🎉3 lbs off after 3 FD’s last week! Sounds great! ✨✨Keep on, Keepin’ on✨✨Together we are Stronger✨😊
    @megaman You are on track! Keep up the great work!😊✨
    @minnygirl ✨You got this, and we got you if you have any questions!✨😊✨Happy Fasting😊
    @krisnia Here we go! Hop on we got you! And you Got this!😊
    @hhw ✨Great goal! ✨😊Lets not overeat together!😊👍
    A 👋Big High ✋Five ✨to the awesome members who did a FD April first on a Saturday ✨👍😊. @fatrabbit. @flourbaby @metauta. @mrsgettingthere @rachel @redlussa I hope 🤞I didn’t miss any one. That takes stamina and fortitude😊✨✨

Good wishes and fortitude for the fasters I see fasting so far today✨🌈✨ @nabaht @jarbia @missymoomoo @amber22 ✨✨🎉🎉

NFD’rs FD’rs CD’rs, BSD’rs ✨✨We got this! ✨in April we are stronger than ever! Because we are Together✨Together we are Stronger✨✨💪✨

Day 2 Maine NFD

A little heavy on carbs last nite – lasagna, bread & wine – haven’t had a meal like that in a couple of months….wasn’t even that enjoyable! So, push reset today – having a more controlled day. Beef bourguignone tonight w/small salad. We’re cooking stuff this weekend to freeze – heading back to work next week! Been a great winter sabbatical, but “must do is a great master” as my dear mother would say!

Make it a great day everybody!

@hhq Great Goal ✨✨Let’s NOT overeat, Together!😊🌈✨

Day 2 NFD

Day 2 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Concert Day for me! Can’t fast, will need lots of energy to direct. Again, thank you all for your wonderful support.

I also probably over ate some yesterday having BBQ chicken wings, mozzarella sticks and crudites for supper watching NCAA basketball. Oh, and a Sam Adams light beer. Kind of a sports-watching meal for us, so had to do it. Up a pound this morning, but it will come off in a day or two for me to stay at maintenance.

Onward and downward, all!

Day 2 – US – NFD

Kinda like SSC, I overindulged a bit too much in the carbs last night! Daughter (6 yo) went to friend’s house for sleepover so husband and I went out for dinner and got to enjoy each other’s company. I got mussels in coconut curry sauce, low-carb, yay for me, but they served it with several slices of crusty baguette which was all too perfect for sopping up the delicious curry sauce the mussels came in. And a glass of red wine, just one glass, which did show some restraint on my part.

Tomorrow is a FD so I have to avoid the “eat now because tomorrow I starve” mentality.

Starting weight 177
    Day 2 weight 177.

A note on the scale: I weigh every single day. I get up, pee (sorry), strip down to my undies, and weigh. First thing every morning. It keeps me focused and accountable. And I love numbers.

Day 2 -NSW Aust – NFD

Day 2 Oxfordshire NFD

Day 2 – East Coast Canada – NFD

Day 2–US– NFD 18:6- Starting weight 218.4/ Day 2 weight 218.0

I ate so much food yesterday and still stayed below mt TDEE! I was nervous about the amount of calories but actually lost 4 ounces.

Going thrift store shopping and since it is so nice will walk outside a bit. I had snacks last night,(ice cream and biscotti) but my husband and I shared the pint of Haagen Daaz. I will go very light on sweets today.

Tomorrow is a fast day.

@hhq I do the same thing as far as weighing myself! It keeps me on point.

Day 2……Florida….. NFD

Good Morning My little bundles of sunshine. Day 2, and we are off and running! For anyone new, Welcome!

Yesterday, thank goodness, it was a NFD because I ate some great food! I had to take my kid and his friend into Orlando for a regionals. He plays this card game called Yugio, not even sure if I spelled it correctly. Don’t ask, I’m not sure what it or even if I understand it. All, I know is he’s shoot to get an invitation to nationals. He did okay he says, made it to the 7th round, the top 100. I think he did outstanding considering he only had it to round 3 last time he went. But I’m only his mom, what do I know!

So, while he was doing his thing, the hubby and I went on a shopping trip to the outlets. Normally, shopping isn’t my thing. Like @skinnylove, I always said it was financial rather than the truth…. fatness.
    But, I had so much fun! It was so nice walking into my favorite stores, not really know my size and everything I liked and tried on fit. It was the matter of knowing I couldn’t buy everything, so I had to be choosy in my selection.
    Now, my legs are a bit sore as my hubby and I walked and walked, it didn’t help it was 90 degrees, full of sun and no breeze. Great day!

Today, is another busy day as I’ve got tons of work to do around the house.
    Not that the newbies will understand but I wanted to share this…..
    Thursday and Friday although busy at work were fabulous days with out the girl. I’m busy as ever but since the stress has been lift. I can feel my mood being light, I can laugh and joke and be me again. I don’t have the built up anger anymore. What a relief!
    Well, I’m off this house work isn’t going to clean itself…..

Be classy, sassy and a bit bad assy!

Day 2 Florida USA NFD
    @monkeydo Good luck in your new life, whatever that may be. I’ve done some serious downsizing but fitting all you own in a station wagon is impressive.

@amber22 We’ll all help you get to that wedding goal- the 5/2 works if you work it!

Goal today just to stay below TDEE and maybe swim some laps. Have tickets for the Film Festival that’s in town so have small popcorn bags at the ready for hubby and me (Trader Joe’s olive oil popcorn). Wishing all a great Spring day (Autumn to Fasters down-under).

Just saw this-if not too late I’d like to join the challenge. Been doing the method over a month now and love how I feel-but have trickled off a bit and want to get more serious.

Day 2-US-FD

My goal is to lose 3lbs this month-I’m on the slow and steady-next month, I’ll be trying for the new ‘decade’!

Thanks for doing this Okeydokey!
    Repairing my cells,
    Monkeypuzzle3

Day 2, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

In maintenance mode.

Off to church, have a great day/night all.

HHQ, same here regarding the scale. I weigh every day. Love numbers as well. My scale is no more frightening to me than my step machine or bike or Total Gym, or blood pressure monitor. All part of my health routine.

I posted my weight every day last month on here – for my own accountability. It really helped, has stabilized below goal weight now to where there isn’t much movement but will post at the beginning and end of the month (to keep our hostess from having to put in the numbers each day, haha…)

Day 2 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Another gorgeous spring day here in Cumbria – I can see that this April Challenge will be just as busy as the March one……

I have not had time to read much on here as yet as I have been busy updating the 31 Day March 2017 Challenge – For those who are interested I have just uploaded a final post with all the results!!!! 🥂💃

Tomorrow is a FD for me @okeydokey if there is a pocketeers list please add me to it – Thank You

Will read and catch up with all the posts here later today and tomorrow………

“Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.”

Day 2 – USA – NFD

Just in case, @at, I’m posting my March finals here: lost 4.8 lbs., from 187.8 to 183. Very grateful for all the comments, tips, support and humor from all of you!

April Goals:
    Starting weight: 183
    1. 1 lb. per week loss
    2. Lower body fat percentage
    3. Keep up hula hooping
    4. Increase stamina on bike
    5. Graduate to heavier weights
    6. 16:8 and LCHF on NFDs
    7. 2 FDs per week (will keep to 500 cal., but might try 800 cal. if desperate)
    Curb alcohol

Day 2, Cumbria UK , nfd
    Just checking in , I’ll read all the posts later.
    good luck fasters xx

Day 2 – NFD -Canada
    Am cooking a lamb Karahi today! 😊
    Yesterday was play-offs for kids indoor soccer. Wow. 8 hours, 4 games and there is pretty much nothing more gripping than watching your own kids teams. Our eldest has the heart of a lion and his team won both games, the second in penalty kicks. Phew. Ate way to much at concession and then out celebrating with the team. Ugh.
    Please add me to pocketeers for tomorrow. I’ll be doing b2b FDs Mon & Tues. Who is with me?
    @monkeydo – best of luck starting up in your new hometown.

2nd post Day 2 – US – NFD

Taking a moment to reflect on my WOL. 😊 Sitting here with my coffee. I’m feeling satisfied and grateful to our March and April Groups @at and @coda Thank-you for all your wonderful insights and efforts. I am Grateful to Dr. Mosley. For making the information about fasting and IF available. I beleive it us sharing information about our days that helps us support each other. I don’t have the restrictions of having to eat breakfast lunch and dinner because society says I have to. I can eat what my body needs for nutrition. Yesterday, NFD, I had one meal, Today I feel satisfied, it’s a NFD I feel calm. I’m learning to manage cooking nutritious foods and also being able to fast in order to make my goals. The past 2 weeks I’ve fasted 5 days during each week, 5:2. I’ve realized it takes planning and organization for the rest of the family to eat and for me to have fresh raspberries, strawberries 🍓 blueberries, and vegetables 🥒 🥗when I need them mostly noon on FD’s. I also allow myself a meal of my choosing on 1 of my NFD’s so that I don’t feel deprived. I have the meal and chances are it involves carbs. So I will have a day to reset to get back into fat burning mode. I am highly motivated to make my goal of 131 lbs by June. That will be a loss of 50lbs in if I can do it by 1st Week of June. So far I’ve lost 15lbs in March.💃🌈✨
    I couldn’t have done it without the March group and being able to learn from our members losing and our members maintaining! Thank-you So much! I appreciate each persons goals and time plans. Helping others here at our Group, helps me stay focused and involved which helps me stay on track. Thank-you to all our April members! Remember, when we lose Together 😊 We Win Together!!✨💃✨

Day 2 USA-WA, FD
    Our son is home from college on spring break, so we went out to dinner last night, and I now feel very overly full of food from that!! Good day to keep it simple and have a FD. Welcome to the new people. Last month was my first, and I’ve really valued the sharing, support, and collective wisdom of this group. I am very inspired by those of you who have been at this for months and taken it on as a WOL. I truly need to do this, not only to lose some weight I have gained, but because I have epilepsy which is much better controlled when I am very healthy in every other way and, like many have found, fasting helps greatly in reducing my seizures. For awhile I was on a strict ketogenic diet, per my neurologist’s orders. It reduced the seizures, but was really wreaking havoc on my kidneys, and in the long run, did not stop the seizures. Since then, I have had brain surgery, and now things are much better controlled through meds, but the meds slow my metabolism. Fasting has a noticeable impact on my brain, fewer “auras” (a warning sign related to seizures) and helps mitigate the impact of the meds. This fall, I will be 4 years out from the surgery. It took 2 years to recover to my “new normal,” but I now run my own business, an exercise, yoga studio where I teach around 13 classes a week and have other additional teachers, and I help others seeking a healthier lifestyle. This group has become such a wonderful addition to my own path as I stay healthy. So again, thanks to all of you for sharing your stories of life. Now you know some of mine🙂. We can do this, together!

Hi everyone, haven’t seen a list of fasters for the 3rd of April, so who wants to join us Pocketeers? Please copy & paste and add your name to the list below.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at
    @snowflake56 b2b Mon/Tuesday
    @blueninjamum b2b Mon/Tuesday

Anonymous

Day 3 – California, USA – FD

Ok for real this time! I haven’t had a fast day yet and today is the day. My plan is to save my calories for sometime near sunset and have a proper meal of them.

Grazing and/or eating early threw me off plan yesterday and then instead of fasting, boy did I feast. I’ll use a little almond breeze (30 cal per 8oz cup) through the day with coffee and tea, but that’s it. Saving the rest for this afternoon/evening.

I’d like to keep that habit (taking in way more than needed on NFDs) in check as well. So goals for this month of April are below:

• Get to 159 or less lbs (very wishful?)
    • Complete 3 FDs per week
    • Eat moderately and sensibly on NFDs, no binging

Day 2. North East NFD
    Finally plucked up the courage to get on the scales.
    Worse than I thought. Have put on 3 kgs since the last weigh in some weeks ago.
    Never mind it is the start not the end. 59kgs the goal so a way to go.

Yesterday & today NFD but have not gone mad even after 2 conscutive FD Thurs & Friday.
    In fact, yesterday, after a hour of hard gardening (pulling up roots to a tree & digging out old stones) I had a cuppa with a couple of ginger biscuits & the first one was sooooo sweet the second one went back in the packet. Very proud of myself.

Tomorrow is a FD but not at work this time so will see how I cope as there are dogs to walk & a zumba class. Will take on the advice, Okeydokey about more fluids. Actually felt worse yesterday on a NFD than I did on Friday. This is what happened the last time I did this diet partiularly the more I lost but no doubt, I will get the hang of it this time around with a few more calories than the last time I did this diet.
    Good luck everyone.
    PS What are picketers, please?

Sorry already asked this question.

Pocketeers are people that are fasting on the same calendar day. We build a list and try to cheer each other on. I helps to know you aren’t the only ones fasting. If you want you can copy a list and put it in your pocket. It is up to each person if they want to join.

Adding myself as Monday 4/3 is my Fast day.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at
    @dykask

FD London Walked to my mums about 40 minutes each way- I walk v slowly. Finding I am v hungry today- normally ok on an FD…Off to the fridge for some zero calorie Jelly

@annursekirk, I added you to the list

Dykask: Pocketeers are people that are fasting on the same calendar day. We build a list and try to cheer each other on. I helps to know you aren’t the only ones fasting. If you want you can copy a list and put it in your pocket. It is up to each person if they want to join.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at
    @dykask
    @annnursekirk

Day 2, Rocky Mountains, US, FD, 800cals

Day 2 – Germany – NFD

Day 2 Surrey UK NFD

I will be fasting tomorrow so joining the pocketeers.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at
    @dykask
    @annnursekirk
    @suse13

Minnesota, NFD

New and late to the party… just wondering if I’m too late to join the challenge for this month?

Coda: Big Hugs to you…I hope you will feel better soon.
    I’ll never forget it was thanks to you (last May) that, for the first time in my life I was able to lose ALL my excess weight…..your challenge started it for me.
    So, although I keep going astray lately, I’m eternally grateful to you. xx

Day 2 NFD Portugal

Another weekend of over eating! But will knuckle down during tomorrow’s FD.

2nd Post Day 2 – US – NFD
    Haven’t gotten to all the posts and gotten each of your locations, current weight, goal weight and daily NFD, FD, BSD yet. But I’m close. I’m posting what I have now though.😊✨🎶

@hfxhrt Glad you are here.✨
    @redrockgirl302 ✨Sounds like a great traveling plan to Europe and getting ready for Europe! ✨✨Keep checking in!✨✨ Together we are Stronger!✨😊
    @maisie1 Thank-you for checking in and Drink more water 💦 😊
    @nabaht Wishing you well on your fitness challenge. Remember you are strong ✨💪and Together we are Stronger!✨✨drink plenty of water 💦😊
    @umka6 your plan is brave plan, I believe you can do it!✨You will learn a lot about yourself, which will help you for your next week. We do get smarter every week✨Be kind to yourself.. Being calm seems to help me and my body get through. Warm tea and or water with lemon 🍋 and stevia helps me. Once I get the sugar and carbs out of my system. I go into fat burning mode. If you can it will help you to keep up your plan!✨🌈✨Good Luck to you!🌈😊
    ✨😊👍@Mily411 The 5:2 and especially a day or the 2 days throughout the week seems to help get over the plateaus that I have seen Some do the 4:3 making sure to have some veggies 🥗keeping FD’s under 500 and drinking water every 1/2 hour to an hour or so. That would definitely break the plateau. I’m not sure of your height but it might be that you are already in a great body to weight ratio.✨Be careful don’t over do it!

✨🌈✨ @beautiful b Thank you for joining the April Challenge! ✨✨Where do you live? On Day 1 was it a FD or NFD for you?✨🎉 So Glad you are here. Thank-you for joining!✨🤗
    @zoyazoya Thank-you for checking in! Looks like ✨✨You Got This!✨✨
    @songbirdme ✨Well Wishes for your concert ✨ I’m sure it will be Wonderful✨ 🎶💛✨
    @scs Thank-you for the compliment ✨and also sharing your goals about the water and exercising 😊
    @missymay 💃✨🎶🎉Wishing you a Wonderful Birthday 🎉🥂this month!🎶✨🎉
    @suse 13 Thanks for Re joining up again this month! You can do this!✨😊🎉
    @redlusso That fast day made a big difference already down .5 kg🎶🎉
    @blueninjamum ✨Great goals and great planning ahead! I’m so glad your continuing in April✨I enjoy reading your posts!😊✨
    @onahealthyhigh ✨“If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka and have a party”, from American comedian Ron White. 🙂✨ @fordprefect and I had a nice laugh 😂 Thanks for sharing!
    @melaniej ✨You Got this!and ✨We got you! 😊✨Together we are Stronger!✨✨Reading posts here is helpful. FD’s done safely will kick start the weight-loss. Drink tons at least 8 oz. of water 💦 every 1/2 hour. 💦 if you are going to Be exercising in sun.✨😊

Day 2 – UK – NFD

U.K. Evesham day two NFD, going ok, it’s Monday & Tuesday that will be the buggers as FD’s the pair….sigh 😞😏😄 . Mayhap some light on the horizon though as first weigh in after starting 5:2 last week….fingers x’d for one and all 😃

3rd Post Day 2 – US – NFD

@amanda-new! ✨✨Welcome! Please post the day of April, your location, NFD or FD, I put example at the beg inning of my post. Also your current weight, ✨ your goal weight😊✨

✨✨✨
    I’m thinking this is the Pocketeers for Monday✨For anybody interested ✨Pocketeers are people that are fasting on the same calendar day. We build a list and try to cheer each other on. I helps to know you aren’t the only ones fasting. If you want you can copy a list and put it in your pocket. It is up to each person if they want to join.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at

@dykask
    @annnursekirk
    @suse13
    @erika45
    @okeydokey 1st of B5B for the week
    @redrockgirl302

✨✨Together We are Stronger✨✨

✨✨Remember, when we lose Together 😊 We Win Together!!✨💃✨👍🥗

Thank you Snowflake 56.

1ST POST. BERMUDA 153lbs goal 142lbs. Constant Craver.

DAY 1 NFD Disaster exceeded TDEE of 1700
    DAY 2 NFD Today 50% chance of exceeding TDEE
    DAY 3 FD April 3 2017. Mondays max 500 cals

Hi all

I’d like to join you all on a fd tomorrow. It will be my third.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at

@dykask
    @annnursekirk
    @suse13
    @erika45
    @redrockgirl302
    @exdolly

Good luck everyone.

Dolly x

Day 2 California NFD. Monday will be FD, debating whether to attempt M-W-F fast (or M-Th)
    May drive myself crazy deciding. Other days (NFD) have an eating window between 10am and 6pm,
    which have done for a couple of years.

@hhq
    @umka6
    @at

@dykask
    @annnursekirk
    @suse13
    @erika45
    @redrockgirl302
    @exdolly
    @5-2 fast diet Bermuda FD Monday/Fridays

Day1 NFD St. Louis USA
    Day 2 NFS St. Louis USA
    @okeydokey thank you for hosting. Please include me. Starting weight 144 pounds and want to go for 5 pounds in April as I did in March. I lost 4.8 pounds in March and was delighted. Posting 2 days as I didn’t post yesterday because I didn’t see the April challenge listed. Will be fasting again on Mondays and Thursdaysnso tomorrow will be a fast day for me. Please include me on the pocket list if there is one. I’m off work tomorrow and usually like to fast on workdays. Staying busy seems to be helpful. I’m going to plan not to eat after seven tonight and sleep in a bit in the morning. I’m thinking that might also be helpful. I need to get used to being able to fast when I’m not working since I’m planning on cutting my hours and eventually retiring.

Welcome to the newbies. I’m pretty new here myself. Also I saw someone posted that they tried 5/2 before and are coming back to it. That was me as well but I didn’t have this website or know about it when I used it in the past. I’m doing it for health reasons as well as to lose a few pounds. I don’t have too much to lose, about another 8 pounds total but I am 71 years old, fairly active, eat and live a healthy lifestyle but I think having this kind of support and contact with other people all over the world motivates all of us to be our best selves. So yay us!

Day1 NFD St. Louis USA
    Day 2 NFD St. Louis USA
    @okeydokey thank you for hosting. Please include me. Starting weight 144 pounds and want to go for 5 pounds in April as I did in March. I lost 4.8 pounds in March and was delighted. Posting 2 days as I didn’t post yesterday because I didn’t see the April challenge listed. Will be fasting again on Mondays and Thursdaysnso tomorrow will be a fast day for me. Please include me on the pocket list if there is one. I’m off work tomorrow and usually like to fast on workdays. Staying busy seems to be helpful. I’m going to plan not to eat after seven tonight and sleep in a bit in the morning. I’m thinking that might also be helpful. I need to get used to being able to fast when I’m not working since I’m planning on cutting my hours and eventually retiring.
    I
    Welcome to the newbies. I’m pretty new here myself. Also I saw someone posted that they tried 5/2 before and are coming back to it. That was me as well but I didn’t have this website or know about it when I used it in the past. I’m doing it for health reasons as well as to lose a few pounds. I don’t have too much to lose, about another 8 pounds total but I am 71 years old, fairly active, eat and live a healthy lifestyle but I think having this kind of support and contact with other people all over the world motivates all of us to be our best selves. So yay us!

Another question?
    What is TDEE? Total daily ???
    Am I right in thinking I should be having less on my NFD’s as well?

I note I have not posted my goals so here they are.
    1 stick to the 5:2 every week
    2 lose minimum of 6 pounds/3.6 kgs
    3 get more than my 2 exercise classes in
    4 ride my bike more
    5 cut out more carbs on the NFD

Cheers all

Day 1 / Sweden / NFD
    Day 2 / NFD

I’m in for April as it keeps me motivated to post every day. I struggled to read all the posts in March and will struggle this week as well but my life should calm down by next week. To be honest, I hadn’t decided if I was going to join the April challenge or not until I saw that @fordprefect was in the group. I’m a big fan of Douglas Adams (and Neil Gaiman and Doctor Who)

I started 5:2 November 13th 2017 at 102.5 kg and my weight March 31st was 87.9 kg. This WOL works well for me and I see little reason not to reach my goal of 77 kg by September.

My goal for April will be a 2 kg loss which would put me at my lightest in 20 years. And then maybe another 2 kg by Towel Day.

Take care!

2nd post 🌈

Joining snowflake56 and blueninjamum in M and T B2B Fasts x

2d post so sorry for double posts. 😩 Yes it makes this one my third post of the day. I wanted to thank whoever recommended making my own bone broth and for those of you who mentioned bone broth originally. This is my second batch. What a great idea! I think I’m going to throw in a couple of chicken bouillon cubes and some ginger for extra flavor. I had bought bone broth and one had ginger in it and it was yummy.

Also, measured my waist today and was at 33 1/2 inches. Down from 35 inches. Hadn’t really expected that is so nice surprise.

Good luck to all the fasters today.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.