3 day versus ADF

This topic contains 52 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  michelemm1 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)

• Diverdog- Hi, sounds like you’ve done really well! Do you mind if I ask how long you’ve been maintaining for? I’m keeping under 20g carb at the moment, as I’ve only been ketoing for 6 weeks, it’d be nice to think that I could increase it a little in the future, for a bit more veg & occasional fruit!
    Michele- sounds like you kept up very well with the plan even with visitors!
    OH- if you can stick to under 20g carbs you’ll stay in ketosis, & after 6-8 weeks (can vary) you’ll become ‘fat adapted’, so your body burns fat better, then you might be able to eat a few more carbs… if you’re aiming for that with keto. I’m enjoying (veggie) bacon & eggs too!
    Been gradually increasing the exercise- nothing like you do Michele! Weather’s been too grim here to cycle, so indoor beginners rebound & beginners HIIT for me, little & often seems to be helping, not too many sore muscles! 1lb off last week…

michelemm1, We all have different carb tolerance. I believe that the fiber and phytonutrients in non starchy veggies are extremely important for long term health. It helps that I like them too!

As onlyhermes points out we need to experiment and find a diet that agrees with our bodies. I think the key here is to find out which foods are inflammatory to us. I was tested and found out that cows milk and quinoa are really bad for me and wheat is a lessor offender but still not good. When I eliminated these foods I lost fat faster, cravings went away, I sleep better and have less joint soreness.

Some foods that are frequent offenders are cows milk, legumes, nightshades, eggs, wheat and soy

Hi Everyone!

Glad to read such good posts. I totally agree diver on what is good for our bodies is so individualized. I am still on the fence with butter. Sometimes I am good with it, but other times, not so much. I think our Bodies change as we age too, and that is another factor.

I agree on the inflammation as well! I really just eat fresh protein (usually chicken or bacon) and butter, it works for now, so I will go with it.

I am totally looking forward to jumping back on strict ADF this week. I do not like to eat on Fasting Days.. too much time to count calories.

Hedge- I think I am fat adapted now, I have been staying under 5g of carbs for years. Sometimes though I went through phases of overeating on protein. I am working on that as well. And.. fasting helps so much with me being mindful of my eating. Thats great on the exercise!!! Yep, I think even a little amounts can make an impact and make us feel empowered. Like, we got this! I truly do it for my energy and not so much weight loss, but that helps too:)

Hermes- Glad you are doing well and thank you for the support and encouragement!

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply.