2kg loss overnight. How?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,

On Tuesday, after a Monday fast, I was feeling good about cracking my target of 70kgs, and weighing 69.9kgs. My second fast day is on Thursday, but at nighttime before bed, I weighed in at 71.9kgs- I was a bit put out at such a big gain- a full 2 kgs! This morning, I was back to 69.9kgs. Happy days.

But 4 and a half pounds overnight seems huge- what’s the science here? Water?

Thanks CG

Its a little high but obviously possible. I usually lose about 0.7 to 1.1 kg overnight. And yes you are absolutely correct about the water. Ever wondered where your fat disappears to as you lose weight? The basic laws of physics apply to us as well. You can not create or destroy matter (plus energy). Fat is broken down into its base molecules which are water H2O and carbon dioxide CO2 + energy. Since you are fasting overnight you are burning a lot of fat. You breath out the CO2 and water vapour. The water is also urinated out or perspired out as well. Hence you weigh less in the morning. Now you know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.