28 Day February 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
28 Day February 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,265 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by  TripleT 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,601 through 1,650 (of 2,266 total)

• @jojo58 good advice.
    5:2 should not be seen as a diet. Success comes from incorporating fasting as a way of life. Focussing on health, happiness and not calorie counting leads to sustainable weight loss. Please don’t focus on calories in, this will do your head in, and lead to rebound. instead focus on fresh, unprocessed, healthy foods and monitor portions. I’ve been using this approach since Oct 2014 and have stayed under my goal weight for two years. As jojo said relax, weight loss and good health are the bonus.

Day 14 – New Zealand – NFD
    Day 15 – New Zealand – FD
    Day 16 – New Zealand – NFD
    Day 17 – New Zealand – NFD
    Day 18 – New Zealand – FD
    Day 19 – New Zealand – NFD

Day 18….. Florida…. NFD

It must have been a very long time since I’ve had alterations done. First they moved and I forgot, then on top of it, it’s costing $22 bucks. Almost not worth it, the clearance rack, I can get two pairs for that amount! He does a good job so it could be possibly worth it for now.

Did really well ran all my errands, got my hair cut, colored and my eye brows done, and even had time for quick stop at the tanning booth. Being busy, extended my fast until 3:30pm, I broke it with a very nice salad. I’m trying pretty darn hard to keep the 140’s on my scale. Then on top of it, I finished all my house work, finished all the laundry and made dinner! I kinda like being a productive. It won’t last long, I plan to be lazy tomorrow and binge watch crappy tv all day!

Coda….. I’m glad to hear my rambling are not boring. Tomorrow episode I’m sure will just as odd. Kinda of like that book “A series of unfortunate events”…… lol. They all workout in end, an a comical way to spend the afternoon.

Cherrio!

Day 19 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia NFD

Hi, I’ve been trying to catch up, but without a lot of success. Can’t concentrate, I’m afraid. I had to go back into all your replies created to see what you had written about your mum, Bert. Sorry to hear she has been unwell. You’ve also written about dragging me along and I have to say it has been with my kicking and screaming. I’ve now printed out the 2 week challenge from the Diet Doctor and am going shopping shortly to buy all the ingredients for a family of 6. I would like to learn how to eat LCHF and this is probably the easiest way. But it is a big commitment and already I don’t feel like doing it and I haven’t even started. It goes with the territory and how I got to this size in the first place.

I’ve also coloured my hair myself this morning with the result that there are dark brown stains everywhere in the bathroom and I think I might look like the underside of a mushroom for a while under my chin. I don’t know how the colour got there. I think I did a bad job on purpose so I have an excuse never to have to do it myself again.

Day 19 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 80.6 kg.

Down fast and up fast, weight that is. 🙂

Australia Day 19 NFD

Day 19 Oman FD

Day 17,18, Canada NFDs

@LADDIE, well done.

@jojo, love to hear how you are shrinking, and the other bowls club members are expanding. Damn straight it’s the sugar! Best of luck with your campaign to get healthier food on offer.

@pashaw & Laddie. Great to hear of your success. You are inspiring me.

Day 19, Dunsborough, West Aust NFD

Just tonking along here loving the new me! I’ve ditched 5kg in 5 weeks and lost cms overall. My clothes now fit comfortably and I feel I can maintain this forever.

DH was amazed this morning when I told him how much weight I’ve lost and has decided to join me. Unfortunately he won’t read the book or any other literature I’ve sent his way, and I’m not sure how he’ll go with counting calories (he’s way too busy!!) But his sugar level is getting high and he knows he needs to do something about it. I’m hoping we can do this together and he’ll get into the swing of it.

Day 17: Pacific NW USA, FD
    Day 18: Pacific NW USA, NFD

Clean bill of health from doctor on Thursday and successful FD on Friday. Weigh-in today revealed 157.2 lbs., 1/2 inch down in hips and I can now wear all but just a few of my original wardrobe. I allowed myself a little shopping spree and found some really cute new togs! I even tried on a few bathing suits!

I’ve been doing 16:8 most days and that has kept the TDEE very doable and probably under TDEE. I will need to keep the losses gradual from now on and no over doing it but I might try 2 FD’s this week and see how I feel. In general I’m still a firm believer that I would never have been able to get to within a pound of my former lowest weight without IF.

Good luck on the next 10 days everyone!

Day 18 USA Hawaii FD
    Sorry I missed logging in this past week. DH and I had a good FD today and will try for one tomorrow as well. Trying to get back onboard.

Day 19 Tasmania Aus NFD 64.1kgs

Great job @bert1802 on meeting your goal so you were able to get your hair done! Sounds like a great day in the end.

Day 18 Melbourne NFD
    Day 19 Melbourne NFD

Sorry guys – out of range for good connexion yesterday – we went to A Day on The Green with: Moving Pictures, Russell Morris, Kate Cerberano and John Farnham and Wow! it was a Great afternoon/evening. Hardly a person under 50 (about 6,000) and all on their feet and rockin’! Shouldn’t be surprised, really – we are the Woodstock generation, after all. Kate did several tributes to those who have died recently – George Michael; Leonard Cohen; David Bowie – she is so good. And of course – Johnny ahh what can I say – Age of Reason, You’re the Voice, That’s Freedom, Burn for You… But the surprise was Russell Morris – he’s gone into the Blues and has reinvented himself – just the best – who knew??

@bert1802 so sorry to hear about your mum and being far away. I went through it with my mum who lived in NZ, and it’s hard. Hang in there.

Best new week luck to all.

Day 19 UK NFD Maintained at 7 lb loss February

Morning Fasters
    Yesterday was a tough day not because I was down but because I was high after an unexpected win at bowls. Food is always uppermost in my mind for both emotional extremes(as with many of us) but I decided that if I had to have a treat it would be ‘bought’ NOT ‘eaten’. So I went on line and bought some new bowls, second hand of course. Can’t wait for them to arrive. So what could have been a gain day turned into a maintain, RESULT!
    I don’t really enjoy fasting at the weekends, even though I am retired weekends still feel special to me, a time for relaxing, my OH still works M-F. I have a very full sports and social life both daytime and evenings. I think this is key to my success, keeping busy. In terms of relaxing I swim, do yoga, walk, read and do fasting research on my iPad, of course my thread posting is a daily ritual too. It was my lifeline but now I just want to help others get to my stage of regular losing but more importantly ‘control’ over everyday not just fast days.
    Mimigogirl- 5 Klgs in 5 weeks- impressive, You are our ‘Queen Faster’ 👑 please tell us how you are doing it, both fast and non fast days, inspire others as you have DH. GO GIRL! What does DH stand for Dear Husband, UK use OH, other half, I use PPA for Pork Pie Addict, just joking. I haven’t managed to convince him that healthy eating is the way to go but he is considering restricting his pork pie fetish to Sunday’s only so that is progress. He is only a stone and half over average weight regardless of his poor food choices. He usually only eats once per day too but likes his puddings and chocolate so temptation is always in the house.
    I am not looking at how much I have lost or have to loose but keeping my focus in the ‘NOW’ this month.
    Smile, you are looking good!

Day 19 UK NFD

I came closer to breaking my fast day yesterday than I have before as I didn’t drink enough and became absolutely ravenous at about 4pm when I would have eaten my 500 calories before the days got longer. I need to wait until I have finished the day’s work or I will end up feeling unwell from working with a full stomach. Luckily I had considered this possibility and decided that if it happened I would have cup of marmite with a little dried seaweed in it. Having a plan really helped, as did not having any quick food available to grab. Never has seaweed tasted so good! There were only half a dozen pieces but it did the trick and put me back on track although I nearly stole some of the grated carrot I was doing for the rabbits who have wonky teeth. It smelled so nice… I had never noticed how nice it smells before! The sick guinea pig in the cage next to me noticed it too and her little nose was twitching so she got a whole one but I held off. So danger averted.

Today I need to finish my work before I break the fast so I should probably get on with it. I have a head ache again, probably because I was too busy to drink enough yesterday. I still don’t want to take an ibuprofen on an empty stomach, and yesterday morning’s went away quite quickly so I’ll carry on.

Day 19 UK NFD
    Reading the posts, I detect very positive vibes this morning. Some amazing losses. Well done everyone!
    JoJo, I live with a PPA (and sausage rolls) thank goodness those don’t float my boat – there are always some in the fridge. You always have so much energy.
    Putting on the wellies to go for a long walk over the hills. Have a good day everyone.

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Weight stuck half a stone (7 pounds) above target. All because I let go over Christmas, January and part of February.
    Let that be a lesson….DON’T lose FOCUS when you reach your goal weight….this is a WAY of LIFE, NOT a diet!!
    Stay strong xx

Day 18 and Day 19 – London – NFD

Sad to say that the posts have completely run away from me! I tried to keep up but I’m now so far behind there is no hope! Every time I try to have a sneaky read my 2 year old spots me and that’s that. So I’m sorry I have been absolutely no help to anyone but you have all been in my thoughts over the month. My husband and I are escaping the children tomorrow for 5 days so I won’t be able to post, also won’t be doing any fast days but hope that I can still be mindful of not going overboard. I’m nearly at my target for Feb so it would be a shame to ruin it completely. Have a good week all.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD (23:1)

Checking in – Aiming for a controlled & mindful NFD today, thinking positively!! Catch-up with posts scheduled for this evening!

UK Day 18 NFD
    Day 19 NFD

Just quick check in. Stressed to bits. Too much on.

All OKish. Eating ‘normally’ feels weird. I wonder if sudden switch to not fasting from intensive fasting is the cause.

Take care all. Happy fasting.

Day 20 (-4 hours) – Tokyo Japan – FD

I decided to start my fast day early. (This fast should go about 42 to 44 hours) I just want to put some extra pressure on burning the fat. We’ll see how this goes. I did my first blood glucose measurement, 94 mg/dl 6 hours after eating. Last year I had an elevated fasting reading of 106 mg/dl at an medical appointment. A two years before that it was 109 mg/dl while fasting. So that is why I’ve decided to see what it is in various situations.

My body fat is a little under 20%, my goal is to get it to the 12% to 15% level. I’m not quite sure that is realistic but under 20% is a whole lot better than the nearly 40% I used to have.

DAY 19 – UK – (NFD)..again!!

Can’t wait for tomorrow when I can fast again – plan to AD until the end of the month.
    (Crikey that’s only 8 days away!!) If I can manage some b2b’s will do – anyone interested in joining me? – I am desperate to get back to January’s final weigh in – then I can forget forget February – it can be a “blip” – and set a new target for March.

May start running again – which I gave up because of the lousy weather.

Good luck all xx

Day19 UK NFD

So yesterday was a little despondent and a little bit sad but you guys helped. Reading posts and some great ideas made me get up and get out and in the end had a very good day.

@jarbia thanks for the recommendation about having a walk somewhere lovely, ”twas truly a treat and got me out in the fresh air and feeling fab, and the views got me not thinking of exercise but feeling great.

@jojo58 you are doing really well and thanks for all the tips, good to know how people are getting on and what works for them

@at thanks thinking of me, when I read your post it was the right time and made me smile.

@ Flourbaby your weight loss seems very successful to me well done you.

@elektron thanks for sharing the pitfalls and the positivity that you turned them into, reading positive posts helps me too.

To all have a great day, the fact we are all checking in, reading some if not all posts, just being mindful, and knowing we have this group can help, we can all use it in different ways to help us. Whether we actively reply or not doesn’t matter the group is big enough so one group fits all.

Cheerio 😘

Checking in today.

I did not have any FD days last week but I still feel like I had a successful week. I did not count calories but many times during the week I was able to control my impulses. I made great improvements but letting go of my rigid, self flagellating thought and just allowed myself to eat normally. When I ate, I ate and stopped and had extended time between my meals(it was not a fast but i had 2- 3 meals with good amount of hours in between). I am still trying to figure out how to cut out processed carbs and sugar but I suspect this will take care itself once other things come in alignment. BABY STEPS! I am moving in the right direction and this gives me good feelings and also gives me a glimpse into being able to trust myself. For me, learning to relax is a big lesson. I tend to be get extreme with things, and start pressing hard on objective and results which puts pressure on me and then I tend to self sabotage myself.
    I loved the idea of not making food by such a big part of my psyche and life. I love fasting and how I feel when my stomach is empty and my body feels flexible and willowy. I also like feeling like I have tomorrow to eat whatever I want if I choose. I have the choice each and every moment. I have to remember this.

I also did HIT running 3 times this week. I felt so good. I love exercising. I really do love exercising, sweating and getting that high. Working my body and appreciating what my body can do. The body is an amazing gift!

I am reminding myself that exercising is what I love to do and not something I have to do to lose weight. I actually had some novel thoughts about this( at may seem so elementary to many of you but you know how even though you hear the words sometimes it take time for those words click inside your brain???). Exercise is for the purpose of feeling well and for physical wellbeing. It is not a punishment for overeating or an act that is tied to my consumption of food.

I kept hearing and reading about weight management is more about diet. 80-90% of losing weight happens what happens in the kitchen and what doesn’t happen in the kitchen. Of course you can’t out run what you put in to your mouth.

I have been trying to relax about this whole thing and as many of have reminded us here in the post: This is a WAY OF LIFE. WAY OF LIFE! –

1. A Way of Life of allowing myself to feel and feeling hungry is OK,
    2. A Way of Life allowing myself to enjoy other activities as a way to cope with stress and other emotional ups and downs.
    3. A Way of Life to enjoy that feeling of emptiness in your stomach.
    4. A Way of Life to enjoy redirecting your thoughts on food.
    5. A Way of Life to enjoy the feeling of knowing you can have that something….tomorrow
    6. A Way of Life of allowing yourself to see that cravings will pass
    7. A Way of Life of allowing yourself to know you have a choice each and every moment
    8. A Way of Life of knowing – you have another day to fast

I love reading post when everyone talks about how they are looking forward to their fast days.
    I am looking forward to getting back to my 23/1.

Cheers!

Day 19….. Florida….. NFD

Got on the scales again this morning…… I’m so afraid the 140’s are going to high tail it out of my life again. I was so thankful to see it staying around for more than a moment.
    I’ve really tried every hard to keep NFD under control. I’m still not counting calories but being mindful of what I’m putting into this body.

Fuvvie…… I’m sending you good vibes along with my love. Kicking and screaming, I still got a hold of you. You can do this! This is what I tell my 17 year old, almost out of high school and trying to decide where life goes when he transitions into being a young adult….. maybe it will help you…..
    Sometimes in life, we become frustrated, confused and worried when we reach the big bolder in the road. Everyone experiences these from time to time, some will try and plow through it, some will climb and the fortunate ones will learn how to destroy it with so that no one else has to suffer from it and receive a glorious benefit from it.
    What ever way you chose to tackle this bolder will ensure your success for the future.
    But the first two steps, that I encourage you to consider using is prayer and taking small steps. You don’t always have to jump in with both feet to be successful, you can take on small step each day for several days and find a more rewarding benefits of success.

My story of the day..

Many people were moving out west for a better future. Along their travels they encountered a very bad road with a huge bolder in it. Many people plowed right through ending up with a broken wagon, some tried to go around it and ended up stuck on the side of the road. Then another family with three wagons came to the bolder. The family stopped in front of it to devise a plan. The father said will just plow over it. But father said the daughter, if plow over it, we will lose everything and with no money, we will surely die. The mother wanted to go around it, but the daughter said if we go around we will get stuck, and our provisions will only take care us short term then we surely will parish. Then father and mother said to the daughter, then what do you suggest. The daughter plan was back breaking, will take a long time and will benefit all. We shall remove each piece, piece by piece then not only will our passage be clear but others will have a clear passage as well. After praying on what to do, the family set forth to clear the road. After back breaking work and long hours the road was almost clear. It was the last piece of the bolder left, as they picked it up, the daughter spotted something shiny and beautiful underneath. It was a big bag of gold. Not only did the have safe passage but they also became this richest family in the world.

I hope this helps anyone who is struggling!

Cheerio!

Day 19 USA (Illinois) – NFD

Going to try a zero carb day today (well, as close as I can get to it).

Hang in there, all — 0nward and downward

Day 19 Surrey, UK NFD

I’m back after my short break.
    Day 17 was FD and Day 18 NFD

While I was away I had only NFDs but – and for me this is such a success – I did not indulge in ridiculous sweet treats which is what I would usually do when i’m on a little holiday. This probably sounds so minor but for me it is a huge breakthrough. As a result my weight has stayed the same – soooo pleased. Thanks to all of you world wide as I know I wouldn’t have done this without the collective will we have created.

Now off to try and make up with my hubbie who is sulking in the garden. Not entirely sure why but no doubt its my fault!! Best wishes to all.

Wonderful post @Bett1802!

Day 19 USA NFD

Read a handful of posts this morning and wish I could linger and read many more – great posts from an insightful group!

Stay Strong!

2nd post

Adf12kgless great to see you having so many good insights and sharing them as you check in. this way if life is so different, it needs a lot of reflection. I wish I had known about it years ago but am grateful that I have at least found it now. I certainly intend to hand onto it.

Jarbia — good to hear someone else will be doing ADF. I would have liked to have joined the back to backs but was afraid of ruining my rhythm.

I was really hungry again and was counting down until noon to eat. I got the heaviest work done but not all of it so now I have to go back out and start working again:( But at least it is warmer and even though it is still grey the snowdrops have responded by spreading their wings and a few crocuses have joined them and there seem to be more helebores open too. It is a very nice environment to work in. Still have my headache though. At least I can take some ibuprofen now.

Day 19 – USA – NFD

I blew my first fast day in the six week’s I’ve been doing IF….I feel terrible about it, but will resume again this week.

Day 19 Maine NFD

Good Morning All! Very inspiring posts today – thank you all!

@adf12kgless – have re-read your WOL list a few times already – excellent!

@bert1802 – fabulous parable – so applicable in many aspects of life.

I love reading everyone’s posts – the successes, the frustrations & the philosophies.

I’m heading out for walk – unseasonably warm today – may hit 50 degrees! Then back to trying on clothes for our trip. Have lost 8 lbs – about 1/2 a size – everything fitting so differently – taking only clothes that fit a little snug – I will continue to lose while away. And exercise will increase with warmer weather – we walk or bike a few times daily.

Funny, I wasn’t going to tackle cleaning my clothes closet ’till I reached goal, but found myself excitedly trying things on & making a huge discard pile. Feels good. This happened about 10 yrs ago – I got rid of all my fat clothes when I reached goal….only to have to buy more a yr later. Not this time…gone for good fat clothes!

Make it a great day everybody!

Day 19, FD USA
    Back on the horse!

Day 19, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD (just noticed my computer logged in me with my old nic but it is me, Eternally Grateful !)

Hello All, another great day under my belt (pun intended.) haha..

Had a very busy day yesterday, no time to really overeat.

Today’s weight 147.2, Starting weight 2/5 – 152, Goal Weight 145

Off to church, to your health all.ay

Day 19- Montreal- NFD

Day 19, NFD, Rocky Mountains, US

Day 19 NFD Portugal
    A terrible weekend. No point crying over it. Tomorrow begins a new week. I plan to fast Monday, Wednesday and either Friday or Saturday. I think ADF worked well for me back in November so going to give it a go again. At this stage in February I do not think I will reach my goal, I think if I come out of February with no gain I will be happy. March, new month, new goals.

I missed yesterday I think, it was a terrible NFD. I have missed lots of posts but hopefully will be able to keep up from tomorrow.

Day 20 NZ FD
    I am going to try for a fast day today. I’ve just realized that saying try is setting myself up to fail. Ah well, to be honest I am so tired I don’t know what to do with myself. I have just got up after a restless night because of the humidity. Roll on winter.My head certainly isn’t in the right place to fast as I am really struggling as I try to concentrate more on just healthy eating and not overeating. I will take each day as it comes and try not to worry too much. Thankyou @fuvvie I am now going to check the diet doctor and the challenge to see what it is about. Have a great day everyone.

Day 20 FD MELBOURNE AUS

Enjoyed reading the many inspirational and insightful posts, thank you all.

It’s a cold and wet summer’s day here. We haven’t experienced the incessant heat wave of the rest of the country, i’m glad for my garden, but would love a week of warm, sunny weather. One of the downsides of fasting is feeling very chilly. Too keep warm I drink tea and coffee with a splash of milk throughout the day. So I was rather grateful today to receive an email describing the many benefits of drinking hot water. Now I am a little sceptical but I’m willing to try.

The many benefits of drinking hot water before and after a meal stated are:
    1. Reduce the effects of gluttony and help in weight loss! It assists digestion and increases metabolism.
    2. Detoxify
    3. Improve blood circulation.
    4. Slow the affects of aging (this one I need)
    5. Repair skin cells and improve elasticity. Helps improve skin problems. Two of the banes of my life are perioral dermatitis and rosacea.
    6. Eases constipation.
    7. Improves hair condition.
    etc etc

Happy and healthy FD/ NFD everyone. MAINTAIN THE FOCUS. I love that one, thank you Coda or Ciren.

Day 19 USA Hawaii FD
    Trying to continue on a low calorie fast day.
    DH is happy doing FD with me as long as I make some tasty low cal dishes. Zero calorie noodles with steamed veggies, green salad with veggies. Anyone have a favorite super low calorie dish?
    Not perfect but better than giving up and going back to mindless eating of too many carbs. LOL

@maui Google paddingtonfoodie. She has some very tasty low calorie recipes for 5:2. She is my guru.

Hi all uk day 19 nfd

Loved catching up on all the posts. Well done everyone for sticking with the challenge so far. Not long to go so dig deep, re-focus if needs be and make the days count.

Any offers to lead March? I am away first 3 days otherwise I would do it. AT still ok for April?

Day 19 | NFD | Bucks UK

Aussie day 20 FD still here but struggling I haven’t managed a FD for a while but more of a 16-8 but lost 1 kilo so not too bad.

Day 19 / U.K. / NFD

Day 20 FD NZ

Day 16-19 NFD – first four days in a row that have been NFD since I started this 6 months ago. It felt odd to have so many eating days together but fitted well with our little mini break away.
    It really was a wonderful second honeymoon trip, hard to believe 15years of marriage has gone by so fast.
    Food wise we ate two meals a day for the first three days so my calories were almost certainly at or under TDEE.
    Yesterday was a total blow out, too many nights of sleep deprivation (and two nights of alcohol) caught up with me, and I was ravenous all day!!!
    I made terrible choices, I ate anything carb loaded, even things like chips which I wouldnt usually ever eat and don’t actually really like…..why???
    Quite glad that one day is done and I’m not having another blow out any time soon. I’m still a little tired but pressing the reset button today with a FD and controlled eating tomorrow.
    The week will be 4:3 Mon Wed Fri FDs and I’m really looking forward to each FD hoping to see a loss when I check in on the scales on Saturday morning again.
    I have days worth of posts to go back through if I’m struggling with my FD later. I’ll make a real effort to catch up, but for now I have loads of washing to get through and a list of back to reality chores waiting.

Hi Everyone,
    Had breakfast and lunch out today.
    Bacon baguette(don’t ask! Very weak moment from a vegetarian non bread eater)
    Lunch roast potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy BUT I refused the slices of pork and the apple crumble with custard so not all bad. Just drank water too, lots of water.

Like I said before we all have our challenges and some days you can beat them whilst other days you accept that you make choices which are not particularly in your long term healthy eating plans.

Last year I might have chosen a full English for breakfast and pork roast followed by apple crumble with custard and a gin/tonic. So I have come along way in one year. I wonder what choices I will make this time next year. BABY STEPS!

Fasting Mon, Wed and Friday this week. Good Luck fellow faster she, we are on the home straight.

Day 19, UK, NFD.
    Have to shave almost 400 calories off tomorrow’s NFD as that’s the amount I’ve gone over today and yesterday. I enjoyed my indulgence but need to keep within my TDEE on NFDs.
    Planned FD now will be Tuesday.
    Happy Sunday all.

Day 18 NFD
    Day 19 NFD
    Will do b2b tomorrow Monday and Tuesday as I missed my Friday FD (again).
    Surprise weekend visitors meant that food plan had to be changed.
    Thinking of you all to help get back on track.

Day 16 NZ – NFD
    Day 17 NZ – NFD
    Day 18 NZ – NFD
    Day 19 NZ – NFD
    Day 20 NS – FD

Still hanging in by the skin of my teeth. Determined today to make it a good Fast Day

Viewing 50 posts - 1,601 through 1,650 (of 2,266 total)

You must be logged in to reply.