2 to 2???

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  thunderthighsnomore 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Day 1: normal breakfast, normal lunch. Fast until Day 2: normal lunch, normal dinner. Is this correct? If so, it means that there is no calorie counting for 24 hours and nothing to eat for 24 hours but the meal that breaks the fast, lunch Day 2, is a normal lunch. Is this right or is lunch 500 cals for a woman? Please clarify. I’m very confused but believe I would prefer this due to my work that includes entertaining prospects and clients. Thank you.

This method shouldn’t have a lunch on the second day, the 500 cals replaces a day’s worth of meals, ie dinner, breakfast & lunch. In all honesty the method is rather confusing and tends to result in less weight loss due to the minimal calorie deficit as most will try to squeeze in 2 lunches when they should just have one to produce the same deficit as the standard 36 hour/sleep-fast-sleep method.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/different-ways-of-managing-your-fast-day/

Okay so day 1 ends w dinner. Day 2 lunch 500 cals. Day 3 resume normal eating w breakfast. So the 36 hour period from 8p day 1 to 8a day 3 consists of 500 calories. I think this is right. Please advise.

You could also split day 2 calories between breakfast and lunch or bfast and dinner. Correct? And thank you very much!

I personnally enjoy doing the lunch until lunch fast. I prefer it to the day fast because I like having a proper lunch at work during the day and don’t mind not eating once I get home in the evening. The next day I find that I don’t wake up particularly hungry and once I start getting hungry at work it’s almost time for lunch!

So effectively I do a 24-hour fast, but it feels to me as a ‘proper fast’ in the sense of not eating anything at all. Surely this fast does not have to be 36 hours to be effective, as the ‘regular’ method (breakfast until breakfast the next day) also does 24 hours, right? A difference however is that the ‘regular’ option is ‘broken up’ by the evening meal, whereas the lunch-lunch fast is 24 hours without eating, period.

I do try to make sure I match the calories of the regular fast day i.e. if you’d usually cut 1500 kcals (2000 for a woman minus 500 for fast meals) over one day, I now try to eat 1250 kcals on both day 1 and day 2 (or at least totalling around 2500 kcals, as you might want to save some more calories for the second day when you have dinner instead of breakfast).

It works really well for me; I feel healthy and seem to be losing weight. I don’t see why “this fast shouldn’t have a lunch on the second day” for it to be effective!

@charlottew …you do what works for you, It’s that simple.

Michael Mosley says he has a breakfast and dinner so in effect he is only fasting for 12 hours. The main point is the reduction in calories to 500/600 over the fast day. How they are used is up to the individual. Personally I prefer dinner (normal)to dinner (500 cals) because that’s what suits me. Therefore I am having 500 calories in 36 hours. There’s no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way.

Just curious though…are you eating 1250 calories on each of your fast days? If so, how does that work?

xx

That’s what I like about this diet; doing it the way it works for you. I just wanted to comment on what Moogie said to DeboWhit about the fact that, when fasting from lunchtime until lunchtime, you “shouldn’t” have lunch on the second day – as if that would be wrong. I also don’t agree with this being a “confusing” method and less effective for losing weight as it works fine for me and might work just as well for DeboWhit and possibly many others!

I just wanted to explain the way I like to fast which does include a lunch on the second day 🙂

So when I fast lunchtime until lunchtime I eat 1250 calories on each of the days:

Day 1: breakfast + lunch (total 1250 calories – or a bit less)
    Day 2: lunch + dinner (total 1250 calories – or a bit more)

So you cut the same amout of calories (1500) as you would do when fasting by eating 500 calories on one day (spread over breakfast + dinner or whichever way you decide to divide them over the day). And you effectively fast for 24 hours.

Hi All,
    I’ve been following the diet for quite a while now, fasting (500cal) on Mondays and Wednesdays. It has benefited me in lots of ways, not only losing weight.

I am interested in trying the 2 til 2 approach but like most people I’m confused.
    Do you eat a normal breakfast and lunch then from 2pm only eat 500 cal until 2pm the next day? So I could have dinner that night and breakfast the next day as long as this doesn’t exceed 500cal? Then from 2pm resume normal calorie intake?

I tried my first 2pm-2pm. It’s 11.30am and I just had to eat :/ but I guess that’s still 20 hours of no food so shouldn’t beat myself up. Last nite was easy enough but this morning I felt lightheaded in work (I’m a breakfast person) so just had scrambled eggs.

I read a bit in the fast beach diet that says fasting from 2pm-2pm weather without eating at all or eating sparingly so do u think it wud be ok for me to have a small breakfast on day 2? Even a grapefruit or small bowl of porridge? Or wud that defeat the purpose?

The Fast Beach Diet also says that you are in the driver’s seat. If complete fasting for 24 hours doesn’t work, don’t do it. Mimi Spencer fasts only 12 hours.

Do what works for you.

Hello, I’m new to posting. I’ve been trying to do 2 non consecutive 500 calorie days but am struggling. I am going to try 3 non consecutive 500 calorie 24 hours…hopefully I can sustain it and see progress.
    For example
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 500 calories until dinner 7pm
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, normal days

I hope the community and support will help with my success. Anyone doing something similar and get good results?

Hi and welcome:

Here are my thoughts on what I think you are trying to do: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/52-calorie-restriction-v-fasting-for-newbies/

Good Luck!

I have tried the 24 hours fasting after reading Brad Pillon’s eat stop eat. It is good except i really struggle the last couple of hours, and I find i binge just before a fast. Even thinking about a 24 hour fast makes me head for the cookie jar!!!
    I toyed with 500 over 24 hour period from 2 to 2, but didnt find it really did too much as I didnt get really hungry and probably overall didnt really reduce my calories enough over 2 days.

I have been trying the Fast Beach diet in that I am not drinking alcohol (boohoo) and cut down wheat and sugar- and its really coming off. I have lost 3 kilos since 1st July and have 2 more to go to my goal. Have only done limited exercise but will probably step that up next week (if i find the motivation and time! Its winter here in Oz so pretty hard to get out of my snug bed)

I am pretty confidant that 5:2 works for me on these terms, but I really do think it is up to what the individual finds easy to do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.