2 minute advanced workout seems much easier than beginner level 10 min version?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise Getting fit
2 minute advanced workout seems much easier than beginner level 10 min version?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fastnfit 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi,
    I am just beginning my fast exercise journey and so I am starting from a low fitness level, so 8nthought I should start gradually,
    On the ‘workout tips page’ they list several different exercise routines to start with depending on your fitness level. I have read through them again and again and I must be missing something as they seem to be the wrong way around.
    The hardest one suggested is for young fit types and involves 30 sec. sprints on an exercise bike interspersed with 4.5 minutes recovery, repeating 4 times. At supposedly the easiest end is their 10 minute routine that involves a whole minute at 90% max heart rate, that is double the time of the ‘harder’ workout , interspersed with only 1 minute recovery and repeated 10 times!
    Am I missing something quite obvious ? How can 1 minute at 90% max heart rate, with only 1 minute rests repeated 10 times in a row be easier and more suited to beginners than 30 second sprints with 4.5 minutes rest for 4 cycles, what am I missing here?

Hi Fastnfit
    I am by no means an expert on this but I do 3 x 20 sec sprints with 2.5 min rest periods and I find them pretty challenging. You need to remember that the 30 sec sprints are “Flat Out” where as the other ones are at 90% max heart rate. If you are doing these on an exercise bike you will find that the resistance setting will be a lot lower for the 90% max HR sprints and so makes them easier to do (Theoretically!)
    Hope this helps and good luck.

Fastnfit, if you can do 31 seconds in the advanced sprints you have the bike resistance set too low! LOL It is brutal if you do them correctly. Shoot for over 100 RPM at maximum resistance you can handle.

Ok, thanks for this, I suspect with my lower level of fitness I am not getting close to either a flat out sprint or 90% max heart rate, so in my mind was reading both for ‘as fast as you can’. So that helps ecxplain the difference for me,
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.