19:5 anyone?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Quality72 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I have been doing 5:2 since new year and have lost about 3lbs,I am 5ft 6″ (sorry don’t do metric!) and 62 in a couple of weeks.l work in a small care home 4 shifts 1 to 7.l could do with losing a few more pounds but my primary purpose is the health benefits.l can go without food quite easily all day,I have sugarless very weak tea with milk and sparkling water during this time and I was having a snack of cheese triangles,water biscuits and cherry tomatoes at 6pm having not eaten since ten the previous night when l would have a Nutriblast and beans on toast or something else quite lite,I was doing this on my work days,anyway having read about it l think 19:5 20:4 or even 21:3 would be quite easy to do on work days.Yesterday was my first day,having not eaten since 10pm Tuesday night when l got home l had a Nutriblast and then a dish of baked beans with granary roll and butter,I will do this til Saturday night,then I have Sunday and Monday off so will eat “normally”……….so anyone else doing this?……..(l also average 9000 steps a day and go on my cross trainer and vibration plate for about 20 minutes about 3 times a week,not a lot but better than nothing!!)

P.S. Current weight 9st 12lbs!

I guess not…. 🙁

Your post caught my eye because I am considering a similar shift. I’m in Week 5 of 5:2 and after an initial loss the first week my weight has not budged one tiny bit. Like you I find fasting days easier than I thought, but I’m thinking something will still have to change for me to lose weight. I have about 40 pounds to lose, so it’s not like I’m right on the edge of ideal or anything. I’m looking hard at some combination of 5:2 and 16:8 or something to shake things up a bit…

Will keep posting positive or negative!……

Just started doing IF over a month now, and I’m doing 19:5 it’s exceeding my expectations as I’ve lost 22lbs I thought it was going to be difficult but it hasn’t. When I eat I’m finding myself done after the first meal so I’ve broken the meal I’ve chosen down to eating it a little at a time during the time frame and it’s workimg out fine!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.