18:6 Flexible

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  paleofast 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all – I have been doing IF for about 3 years. While I lost a lot of weight and felt great for a long time, I have grown tired of it — meaning that I struggle too much with it, I have played with 4:3, and 16:8 and 18:6. I have been as light as ever on a 4:3, low carb, training for a race regime but cannot see to get back there. My goal now is to find a lifestyle that works long term regardless of weight. I think I have arrived with doing a minimum of 12 hour no cal fast daily and trying to extend it every day that I want. If I go an extra hour, I also allow some calories — a little formula is to add 0 to hours fasted after minimum of 12. So 13 hours fasted means I can have up to 130 cals. I have also limited sugars/grains. Anyone have any experience with this kind of a thing?
    Best,
    CWSP

I have been doing 16:8 for a couple of weeks now & do try to extend to at least 18:6 as often as I can. I’ve liked how it feels so far but I do find on the few days I’ve eaten in the morning my stomach hurts & I don’t feel great for most of the day. Not sure if my body is just adjusting to (& liking!) having less food and less frequently? Whatever it is, I will persevere & continue trying to do it daily as much as my sked allows.

Good luck (to us all!)!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.