16:8 or more and beer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 5 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• For most of the time we’ve had social distancing guidelines I’ve been doing 16:8 and often stretch it out to 18, even 21 some days and find this easy enough.
    I tend to eat 2 eggs fried in coconut oil to break the fast and then have protein and fat for my evening meal sometimes with salad/veg, sometimes none. Sometimes a little bit of food based carbs, sometimes none.

I do, however, like a beer/glass of wine or both in the evening – to what extent is the alcohol undoing the benefits of my fast? I’m still keeping within 1000, 1200 calories for the day.

Also – I can run 10k+ after eating but struggle to go more than 5k at the end of/during the fast.
    Is it most beneficial to exercise before eating?

Hi Aldehulme,
    I am pretty sure that exercise is good, whenever you do it! 🙂
    Re the alcohol, my understanding is that your body will first use the alcohol (ethanol) for energy, then the sugars in the drink and only then move to your body’s stored energy. That makes it one of the worst foods if you are trying to lose weight. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your beer or wine. Maybe try to have it just 2 or 3 nights a week rather than every night?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.