16:8 Eating Window Question

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
16:8 Eating Window Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all. Quick question. I’ve been doing the 16:8 for about two weeks. I actually feel great! Have more energy and I feel like I’m shrinking, although the scale hasn’t budged. 🙂 My question is does it matter when you eat just a long as you fast for 16 hours? Reason I ask is because after my Monday fast ends around 2:30pm I’ll start eating. Sometimes my wife and I will go out and not get back home until 11pm and I’ll have a late dinner. My “eating window” should’ve closed at 10:30, however after I eat I start my fast timer so on Tuesday I may not get to eat until 3:30pm? Make sense?

Hi, Chuckweasel! I do 16:8, too, and I think you are doing fine! As long as you eat within that 8 hour window, you should be fine!

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I do fluctuate on my time but I’m always fasting for the 16 hours. The example I was trying to come up with is for example let’s say my fasting time ended at 2:30 and I start eating. My 8 hour window should’ve closed at 10:30 but I didn’t get a chance to eat dinner until 11pm. So I’ve gone over my 8 hour eating window. But what I do is as soon as I’m done eating I start my fast timer. And of course it pushes back my eating time until around 3pm the next day. Is that ok or should I just stick to a 3-11pm and keep it that way.

Hi, Chuckweasel! I am a little different because I am also doing ADF as water fasts. If I have to push my time frame, it won’t matter because I still be not be eating for 24 hours. Then I can easily return to 16:8, eating my first meal at 10 a.m. and my last meal around 4:30 p.m. If something comes up, like going out for the evening, then I rearrange my FD around it. It always seems to work out. Tuesday is a NFD for me and a Christmas party. I won’t be able to stop eating at 4:30 or 5 but I am adjusting my eating for the day, so at least I will be within a certain number of calories. The next day I will continue as usual. Some manipulation and flexibility is occasionally needed. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.