15 Months Progress Challenge // Oct 2016 – Dec 2017

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
15 Months Progress Challenge // Oct 2016 – Dec 2017

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Annach 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

• As I’ve said last week, similar with my 15 Weeks Progress Challenge // Sep – Dec 2016, I will run a long-term monthly challenge. And, as all my previous challenges, this one too will be a Google Sheet file created by me, and embedded in a blog post: every time I will update the file, it will be automatically updated also on the blog.

Info about the Challenge:
    – start-data will be from 1 October 2016
    – is running for 15 months, until 31 December 2017 (well.. plus 1-2 weeks, to be everybody sober. πŸ™‚ )
    – sign up info: age, height (m), start weight (at 1 October 2016 / kg), goal weight (at 31 December 2017 / kg). I’m sorry, only meters & kilograms will be the reporting system.
    – optional, at sign-up, you can say a few words about yourself, like from which part of the world are you writing, your dieting history and current status, your plans for the next 15 months.. etc.
    – info needed every first calendar day of the next 15 months (so next dead-line is 1 November): current weight (kg). Optional, you can also write a few words about the weight loss evolution in the previous month and plans for the next one.
    – please note that 2 consecutive or 3 non-consecutive missing reports means that you do not longer wish to participate in the challenge and your name will be removed from the list.
    – also please note: I update the file mostly from my email notifications. So if you have entered a wrong number, please-please-pretty-please do not use the Edit-message-option of the forum to correct, because 1.000% I will not compare the numbers from my email-notifications with the ones posted finally on forum. Better to write in another post: β€œthe correct weight is xy.z.”, and I will easily update from this new email-notification. Thank you very much for your understanding!
    – I will update the sheet on max 48 hours from dead-line.
    – the sheet calculates: Goal Progress: Lost weight until the current month, Remaining to be lost, % Achieved Goal versus % Time Past. If your progress is good ( %Goal > %Time ) the numbers are purple. If your progress is behind time, the numbers are orange. But you could choose a smaller goal, to see only purple numbers. πŸ™‚
    – you can easily revisit the weight of the past months, by scrolling at the right of the table.
    – starting Month 4 (to have some start data for the Trend Line), every participant will have his own Weight Loss and Trend Chart, similar with the ones (under the table) from 15 Weeks Progress Challenge // Sep – Dec 2016.
    – the last row of the table is an average of the above values: the average age of the participants in the challenge, the average starting weight, the average weight lost until the current month, and so on.
    – the order in the list will be alphabetical (sort field “name”).
    – you can look at 15 Weeks Progress Challenge // Sep – Dec 2016 as a Demo for this 15 Months Progress Challenge.
    – minimum number of participants to run the challenge is 3.

If anyone wishes more details, I’m happy to respond.

All the stats will be here: http://dailyfastingweightloss.blogspot.com/2016/10/15-months-progress-challenge-2017.html

Good Luck!

Female, 37, UK based. Will have been fasting for 2 years in Feb. Have gone from 75-64.5 but I have seen lower on the scales. I am hoping that committing to this will keep me from sabotaging myself. I have terrible GERD so I need to do this for health reasons.
    It looks like I was around 65.7 on 1 October
    Goal weight would ideally be 56 kg

38 years old, writting from Germany.
    Height = 1.65 m
    Weight at 1 Oct = 71.7 kg
    Goal = 50 kg (a girl can dream)

I have a binge eating disorder for more than 10 years and many health problems because of that. I hope to be able to control it in the next 3-6 months (by trying different fasting patterns / %macros) and starting finally to lose (I’ve been stuck in 71-73 kg plateau for the last 2 years).

My reply is to Anach.
    I started 5:2 diet in January 2016 and now into my tenth month. I started off with 68 kgs and now am 52 kg.I am five feet tall. I fast for two days a week but also restrict my meals to 1200 calories on the other days. I did eat in my favourite restaurants along the way but I think that was balanced by the 5:2 diet..I workout for minimum 4 days a week which includes cardio/ strength training. My calorie tracker has been extremely useful in achieving my goals and I’m amazed how the inches just disappeared as explained in the diet.The days I have indulged a little more, that week I wouldn’t have lost as much but slowly and consistently I have lost weight and still do…and all I can say is that this works.Just keep at it…
    I was wondering if you have been fasting for two days or brought it down to a single day over the years as u mentioned u have been doing this for two years.

Alls, self sabotage probably and when I am in pain I get annoyed and keep eating. I generally only cancel fast days during holidays. Believe it or not I was doing an additional 800 cal day for some of that time. I regain horrendously when I stop over holidays, especially as I am eating the wrong foods for me. Like many people with GERD and IBS carbs and other things make me quite unwell and pile the weight on.
    When I am low carb I lose.
    Calorie trackers are definitely a great tool. I have never held myself accountable before but have in the last month and a half by joining challenges. I hope this will work.
    I walk a lot but cannot do certain exercise as gravity is the only thing keeping everything down….
    your success is amazing by the way!!
    Adaline- forgot height 1.57.

Height 1.75
    Weight 1st Oct 90.2
    Goal 72.5

Age 57 Sussex Uk

Have been following 5/2 for the last 7 weeks or so and have lost almost 5kg. FDs seem to be ok and I have liquids only about 80 cals max. I try to fast Monday or Tuesday, depending kn what is happening and Thursdays. I work in a busy and often stressful environment and gardly notice if I don’t eat during the working day which helps. NFDs can be an issue. The big problems come around social stuff, wine and just plain greed.

Much of my adult life my weight has been yoyo but mostly under control and I feel very heavy at this weight. I like clothes amd colours and hate looking like this! My goal weight will be lower than I have been for a very long time. This challenge is really attractive because of the long term accountability. My real aim is to be maintaining my goal weight for 6 months by the end of this challenge.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Adaline

Apologies I have decided not to participate in this challenge. I think it is a bit too lengthy a time between monitoring and I am doing some monthly ones instead.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for notifying me, Sarah. Good luck with the daily challenges.

My weight today: 71.9. Up 0.2.

64.2 . Loss of around 1.5 kilos thanks to low carb challenge

Adaline, am I too late to join, I forgot….ooops!

Nov 1. 76.9kg.

Welcome Violet. I’ve thought you’ve changed your mind. πŸ™‚

Please post “to be on the record” also here, all the sign-up info:

– sign up info: age, height (m), start weight (at 1 October 2016 / kg), goal weight (at 31 December 2017 / kg). I’m sorry, only meters & kilograms will be the reporting system.
    – optional, at sign-up, you can say a few words about yourself, like from which part of the world are you writing, your dieting history and current status, your plans for the next 15 months.. etc.

Thanks!

64- not looking too good for this month. December isn’t traditionally a time for weight loss either….

Also hope to stay under 74 in December.

Next weight-report can be posted a week before or a week after 1 Jan 2017.

πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ†

76.8kg on 1 Dec

Age 58, Height 164cm, Goal weight at the end of Dec is 75kg. Started weight on Oct 1 was 78.3kg.

I’m Irish living in Australia, I’ve done all the diets over the years. About 6 or so years ago I watched Forks Over Knives DVD and changed to WFPB (whole foods plant based) I then went on to do the CHIP program. I still eat this way but now incorporate IF which seems to work for me. I have been careless this past couple of months due to a knee injury and generally feeling sorry for myself….big woss that I am! I clicked back on track this month and I’m presently at 34 hours on my first December fast.
    My goal is to continue to drop weight, stay healthy and enjoy the whole experience.

Thanks for doing this Adaline, I appreciate it.

I do not want to weigh in until February, so I will report 73.9 for December and take a break for the next 6 weeks.

πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽ‚

Sensible approach I think. I will wait and see.

77kg on Jan 1

Some very serious fasting and discipline needed from now on!

Wishing you all joy and success for the new year, I hope we all fulfill whatever we set out to do.

Thank you Violet. All the best to you too!

Me: up to around 77.5 after holidays, down now to around 72.5. Much of it is water and transit foods, but for my jeans every gram counts.
    In the last almost 2 weeks I had only OMAD days (one meal a day) and 2 days water-only fast. Hope to have the same success in the next weeks.

The blog is at the moment private, because I need to rethink it, but do not have the time now.

Hope that all is good for you. And see you in a month.

65 here. Couldn’t fast much due to stomach problems. I am not too annoyed. I naturally have 16-8 days most of the time, I don’t think about it. I suspect for many of us , following hunger cues has this effect.
    I think I was about the same on 31 December, roughly 65.
    Don’t forget its winter in NH so our bodies don’t like to let go as much…..

79.1kg. Very up, I’ve had a hell of a blow out but back on track this week with good food choices and fasting.
    All the best for a great Feb
    VP

Up to around 76 after more than a week of overeating at PMS and down again to around 72.5. Hope next month to have less variation.

See you in a month. Good luck!

Difficult month. I have ranged from 64.5-67. I didn’t fast for two weeks and overate. I am having a procedure this month to correct some of the issues I have had so my results will be interesting over the next few months.

Around 72. Not much loss (0.5), but the good news is that I did not had large variations (under very stressful conditions of my personal life). Max was 72.5, which is awesome.

Hope to go to at least 71 in the next 4 weeks.

Wish you health, Annach! 🌞

62.8 this morning. This is not due to fasting but rather post operative limitations. I am glad you have your fluctuations under control this month Adaline.

Down to 70.5 and back again to 72.5==>72.0. Crazy hunger in the last 2 weeks. Too many stressors, I think. For May I will change my approach (less fasting), and see how it goes.

I hope you’ve had a fast and easy recovery, Annach.🌷

60.8 this month. The first healthy BMI recording for some years. I am recovering thank you Adaline. I am able to eat albeit in tiny portions which is hard to get my head around. I am not eating what I would like to so including foods that I normally avoid.
    Is your fluctuation over the whole month or specific times?

I think the fluctuation is directly related to the lack of sleep. And PMS 90%. Life.

71 kg now. But I’ve seen also 69.7 kg last week, a weight last seen on Nov 2014. So the trend is surely going down. But because the progress is soooooo slow, I’ve decided not to record it monthly anymore. It kind of demotivates me, and now I just want to ignore the whole weight-thing. So this is gonna be the last update at least for the next 6 months.

Wish you well Annach, and maybe will read each other with positive updates by the end of the year.🌷

Sorry its taken so long to reply. The trend is going down so that is wonderful news. Regarding PMS and sleep, they are triggers for over-eating for me. Maybe this is because I am already bloated and think, ‘What the hell’?
    I think sticking with the basic strategy of unprocessed food and reducing eating window must have an effect. I wish you well too in the battle for health and weight management.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply.