12 -14 time restricted eating

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  coffeebrain2019 6 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi, is there anyone just doing daily time restricted feeding? fasting for 12 to 14 hours and eating in a 12 to 10 hour window. If so how are you finding it, and what feeding schedule to you aim for. I Have done it in the past and have started again. I eat until 7.30pm and then don’t eat again until after 7.30 am or after 10am. I normally also cycle in a during the fast but not to hard effort. Any females doing similar? Has it effected your hormones or stress levels. Have a lovely day everyone xx

Hazza, having experimented a bit with time restricted eating in the past, I am very interested in it now that I’ve returned to 5:2. I used to do a strict 8 hour eating window, but I like your approach better. The 8 hour window actually made me feel healthier. More energy, better sleep, but it was hard to stick to. (I’m female, and it didn’t negatively affect my hormones).

I am waiting to receive Dr. Mosley’s new book The Fast 800, as it is out for delivery today! I heard he has a whole chapter on complimenting 5:2 with time restriction, and I want to read it before I make up my mind what to do this time around.

Hi coffeebrain2019 for replying. I Have already read the new book, bought it as an ebook on new years day. It is a very interesting book. I’m not looking on loosing much weight and can’t eat moderate to high fat because I have a medical condition that prevents me( pancreatitis) so I can’t eat a true Mediterranean diet, but am trying to reduce high glyceamic load foods.But I would like to do a 12/14 hour fast for health benefits and to stop my evening snacking.

Hi, I’ve been doing 5:2 for just over 2 years, and some form of eating window for about 3 years. For me an eating window is not enough to either lose weight or even maintain weight, but I have a very low TDEE. I’ve been maintaining for over a year but continue to do 5:2 as it keeps my weight stable.

I started the eating window by accident – I didn’t even know it had a name at the time. I noticed that snacking after my evening meal was a persistent and significant problem so I introduced a curfew – no food after dinner. I found that this had to be an absolute rule that I never compromised on or it didn’t work. The delayed start to eating in the morning came about when I realised that I rarely feel hungry before 11am, so I questioned why I was eating when I had no appetite. It seemed to be habit rather than need. Most days lunch is my first meal, but this isn’t an absolute rule for me. If I am hungry earlier then I will eat earlier – but it’s really rare for this to happen. Most days my eating falls into a 16:8 pattern.

I don’t think it’s had any impact on hormones or stress, but I can’t know for sure.

Breakfast around 12.30 and dinner about 6 pm, unless we’re eating out, when it’s later. I don’t snack, never have, it was portion size and comfort foods that did for us.

I don’t think my stress levels have been affected: others might disagree, of course. πŸ˜‰.

Hi Hazza and all,

Husband and I kept an eating window of about 8 hours for almost a year now. This very much agrees with us. We both lost more than 10 kg by skipping breakfast and stopping snacking after 8 PM.
    As I still need to loose a lot of weight, I try to stay below my TDEE as well.
    All this works remarkably well!

I noticed that lunchtime tends to creep up, which makes our window smaller. That should give still better health benefits. πŸ˜€

Hormone or stresslevels kept quiet.
    I cycle daily to get around (we’re Dutch, so that is just normal here) and for sports I row on the C2 machine upstairs. There I try to incorporate hiit during a session, which breaks boredom too!

Tried to do 5:2 a few times, but it felt too much like dieting… πŸ˜•
    The regularity of 16:8 makes it work for us, because it’s so easy. I never expected this after 40 years of struggle!

Hi Hazza and all,

Husband and I kept an eating window of about 8 hours for almost a year now. This very much agrees with us. We both lost more than 10 kg by skipping breakfast and stopping snacking after 8 PM.
    As I still need to loose a lot of weight, I try to stay below my TDEE as well.
    All this works remarkably well!

I noticed that lunchtime tends to creep up, which makes our window smaller. That should give still better health benefits. πŸ˜€

Hormone or stresslevels kept quiet.
    I cycle daily to get around (we’re Dutch, so that is just normal here) and for sports I row on the C2 machine upstairs. There I try to incorporate hiit during a session, which breaks boredom too!

Tried to do 5:2 a few times, but it felt too much like dieting… πŸ˜•
    The regularity of 16:8 makes it work for us, because it’s so easy. I never expected this after 40 years of struggle!

(Sorry, post came through twice. Don’t know why, but can’t get rid of it. πŸ€”)

Agree, 16:8 is just an easy way to eat healthily without ferlingnas if you’re ‘on a diet’. I’m so grateful to daughter who bought me the original book and friend who woukd only have a coffee because she was on a FD. She promoted me.

Who have thought that this little old lady would become shapely again in six months.

Hi everyone. After reading the Fast 800, I decided to return to 16:8 along with 5:2. I’m totally convinced this is the best way to go, for my health. The book is loaded with great info about time restricted fasting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.