12 -14 time restricted eating

This topic contains 3 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hazza 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi, is there anyone just doing daily time restricted feeding? fasting for 12 to 14 hours and eating in a 12 to 10 hour window. If so how are you finding it, and what feeding schedule to you aim for. I Have done it in the past and have started again. I eat until 7.30pm and then don’t eat again until after 7.30 am or after 10am. I normally also cycle in a during the fast but not to hard effort. Any females doing similar? Has it effected your hormones or stress levels. Have a lovely day everyone xx

Hazza, having experimented a bit with time restricted eating in the past, I am very interested in it now that Iโ€™ve returned to 5:2. I used to do a strict 8 hour eating window, but I like your approach better. The 8 hour window actually made me feel healthier. More energy, better sleep, but it was hard to stick to. (Iโ€™m female, and it didnโ€™t negatively affect my hormones).

I am waiting to receive Dr. Mosleyโ€™s new book The Fast 800, as it is out for delivery today! I heard he has a whole chapter on complimenting 5:2 with time restriction, and I want to read it before I make up my mind what to do this time around.

Hi coffeebrain2019 for replying. I Have already read the new book, bought it as an ebook on new years day. It is a very interesting book. I’m not looking on loosing much weight and can’t eat moderate to high fat because I have a medical condition that prevents me( pancreatitis) so I can’t eat a true Mediterranean diet, but am trying to reduce high glyceamic load foods.But I would like to do a 12/14 hour fast for health benefits and to stop my evening snacking.

Hi, I’ve been doing 5:2 for just over 2 years, and some form of eating window for about 3 years. For me an eating window is not enough to either lose weight or even maintain weight, but I have a very low TDEE. I’ve been maintaining for over a year but continue to do 5:2 as it keeps my weight stable.

I started the eating window by accident – I didn’t even know it had a name at the time. I noticed that snacking after my evening meal was a persistent and significant problem so I introduced a curfew – no food after dinner. I found that this had to be an absolute rule that I never compromised on or it didn’t work. The delayed start to eating in the morning came about when I realised that I rarely feel hungry before 11am, so I questioned why I was eating when I had no appetite. It seemed to be habit rather than need. Most days lunch is my first meal, but this isn’t an absolute rule for me. If I am hungry earlier then I will eat earlier – but it’s really rare for this to happen. Most days my eating falls into a 16:8 pattern.

I don’t think it’s had any impact on hormones or stress, but I can’t know for sure.

Breakfast around 12.30 and dinner about 6 pm, unless we’re eating out, when it’s later. I don’t snack, never have, it was portion size and comfort foods that did for us.

I don’t think my stress levels have been affected: others might disagree, of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Hi Hazza and all,

Husband and I kept an eating window of about 8 hours for almost a year now. This very much agrees with us. We both lost more than 10 kg by skipping breakfast and stopping snacking after 8 PM.
    As I still need to loose a lot of weight, I try to stay below my TDEE as well.
    All this works remarkably well!

I noticed that lunchtime tends to creep up, which makes our window smaller. That should give still better health benefits. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hormone or stresslevels kept quiet.
    I cycle daily to get around (we’re Dutch, so that is just normal here) and for sports I row on the C2 machine upstairs. There I try to incorporate hiit during a session, which breaks boredom too!

Tried to do 5:2 a few times, but it felt too much like dieting… ๐Ÿ˜•
    The regularity of 16:8 makes it work for us, because it’s so easy. I never expected this after 40 years of struggle!

Hi Hazza and all,

Husband and I kept an eating window of about 8 hours for almost a year now. This very much agrees with us. We both lost more than 10 kg by skipping breakfast and stopping snacking after 8 PM.
    As I still need to loose a lot of weight, I try to stay below my TDEE as well.
    All this works remarkably well!

I noticed that lunchtime tends to creep up, which makes our window smaller. That should give still better health benefits. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hormone or stresslevels kept quiet.
    I cycle daily to get around (we’re Dutch, so that is just normal here) and for sports I row on the C2 machine upstairs. There I try to incorporate hiit during a session, which breaks boredom too!

Tried to do 5:2 a few times, but it felt too much like dieting… ๐Ÿ˜•
    The regularity of 16:8 makes it work for us, because it’s so easy. I never expected this after 40 years of struggle!

(Sorry, post came through twice. Don’t know why, but can’t get rid of it. ๐Ÿค”)

Agree, 16:8 is just an easy way to eat healthily without ferlingnas if you’re ‘on a diet’. I’m so grateful to daughter who bought me the original book and friend who woukd only have a coffee because she was on a FD. She promoted me.

Who have thought that this little old lady would become shapely again in six months.

Hi everyone. After reading the Fast 800, I decided to return to 16:8 along with 5:2. Iโ€™m totally convinced this is the best way to go, for my health. The book is loaded with great info about time restricted fasting.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the great information from you guys! I aim to gradually increase to 16 hour fasts, asyou all seem to be doing excellent using this method, but I’m happy on 14 hours at the moment. Any tips on managing hunger? Have a lovely day peeps xx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.