๐Ÿ‚ October Challenge 2023 ๐ŸŽƒ

This topic contains 208 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 208 total)

• Day 16 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.5 kg

Yesterday’s FD was a doddle, I didn’t eat a morsel before 7 pm, & even then I wasn’t particularly hungry. Still no change on the scales though.
    The rugby?! South Africa 29 – 28 France. It was exhausting ๐Ÿฅด๏ธ SA v England next Saturday; I can’t lose! ๐Ÿ˜…

@jaifaim – are you anywhere near Dubrovnik? I was there briefly a few years ago. There’s a fortress you can visit which was one of the filming locations for Game of Thrones. Not that I ever watched the show, but it’s still a stunning place.

From today’s UK Mail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12633747/The-fat-jab-help-lose-fifth-weight-Tirzepatide-hailed-King-Kong-anti-obesity-treatment.html

Very quiet here, especially for a Monday. And no Monday fasters yet?! Halfway through the month already ๐ŸŽฏ

Today’s FUFs:-

Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas.
    More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money throughout the world.
    Space travel makes mice run in loops
    Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

What a weekend of rugby it was. I was absolutely gutted that Ireland lost out to New Zealand (well done @merryapple and now I hope they win the final), but I was seriously bitterly dissapointed. I guess, like a lot of my fellow Irish, we had this time dared to dream that we might break the quarter final curse. Not to be โ˜น๏ธ

And wow, what an amazing game last night between France and South Africa, the best I have ever seen I think. Deep commiserations to France and well done to South Africa. I thought of you @funshipfreddie, you have two teams to shout for now ๐Ÿ˜„

@jaifaim, ohhhhhh I loved Montenegro and especially the Bay of Kotor when I was there 2012. Have a great holiday.

So, we went out, in the freezing temperatures, on the motorbike yesterday as we still have this years Photo Rally to complete and deadline 1st November. I was wrapped in many layers and enjoyed getting out, I have cabin fever already after only 3 days of WFH ๐Ÿ˜ณ My company are looking for temporary offices for those of us in Operations, so guessing our premises and electrical problems won’t be solved anytime soon.

Anyhoo, although not fasting, it will be clean fresh unprocessed food today, and wil have my FD tomorrow.

Have a great Monday. Now off to work from my kitchen desk.

Day 16, London, UK, NFD

Morning All. I havenโ€™t posted for 3 days as I had my event on Friday ๐Ÿท and then the weekend to recover in front of the telly with the Rugby!!! Poor Ireland, I couldnโ€™t even claim to be a neutral, Iโ€™m soo disappointed!!๐Ÿ˜ญ

@northgeorgia, itโ€™s such a slippery slope, once I got some speed up, there was no stopping me!! Back to doing the hard climb to the summit again, but IT CAN BE DONE!!! Keep the faith, you know this works and if you really think about it โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. itโ€™s the EASIEST weight loss path any of us has ever trod!!! Stay strong, ditch the cr*p but try not to deprive yourself on NFDs, nothing but pain down that road!!

Well done @metatauta, you make it sound (almost) effortless!! I hope once I get to my goal weight (again), it becomes second nature and relatively easy if I keep an eye on the scales for any gains that can be nipped in the bud instantly!!

I think Iโ€™m too cold to type!!! Last weekend I was hiking in shorts and a t-shirt, today my winter coat had itโ€™s first outing and I think I might need it in the office!!!๐Ÿฅถ

Iโ€™ve rearranged my FDs this week to accommodate the Friday -office-breakfast, my willpower isnโ€™t quite up to that particular weekly challenge!!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Stay strong folks

Day 16-No.VA, USA-FD 800

Good morning, October Challengers! I am presently at the lowest weight I have been in months, yet still 17 # away from my goal. But still finding this fasting works when it I am consistent! The evening times remains the “danger zone” of snacking.
    Getting colder and darker here; had to bring in all my orchids which hang outside during the spring and summer. That is always a bit of a project, but all done now.

@funshipfreddie, your fact about bananas is one my DD has always used as her excuse to dislike bananas. That, and the fact that large spiders often live in the big bunches shipped from the tropics….

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Going to go for another FD today. @flourbaby Yes, I have to remember those basic principles. One of my regular pair of slacks this morning was a bit too tight to wear… grrrr!!! So I definitely need to push myself into the right direction; I need to prepare something delicious to look forward to at home on a NFD instead of “rummaging.”

Not sure if there’s a pocketlist out there already; got to run… But I’m on it ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 16 – UK – FD

Been absent since Day 12 – all NFDs but did manage B2B2B2 FD800 at the start of last week!

Great weekend of Rugby ๐Ÿ‰ felt sorry for the French losing by 1 point on their home ground – the first half of that game was amazing!!!!

A few social outings stopped my FD800 in it’s tracks:-
    Day 12 – pizza before seeing “The Old Oak” so the planned FD800 went out the window – good film BTW but certainly not Ken Loach’s best!
    Day 13 – 5 mile walk with my walking group and a yummy home delivery meal from Simon Rogan ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Day 14 and Day 15 – short walks followed by brunch out with friends and at home coffee morning – lovely home cooked meals – salmon and minted pea filo parcels with oven roasted tomatoes and on Sunday a dinner at ours with friends of seafood paella and made from scratch French Apple Tart (well worth the effort!)

Much needed morning of house work followed by a lovely hot shower and now sitting here enjoying a cup of tea whilst catching up on the forum…

@flourbaby – I too have a spanish grater like yours that I use for garlic and ginger – amazingly effective!
    @funshipfreddie – living in the lakes I am so lucky to have so many walking options straight from my doorstep and I do enjoy walking both with friends or solo
    @northgeorgia – stay positive and maybe look at making a small change that will help you start the downward trend again
    @jameswalker222000 – welcome – I see you have been given good guidance already
    @jaifaim – enjoy your holidays – hopefully with someโ˜€๏ธand good food and ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @daffodil2010 – my Irish friend down south could not even bear to watch the match and asked me not to text as we usually do during the Rugby – she was heartbroken too by the result

Meeting friends for our regular Monday afternoon coffee and chat at 2pm then a lovely restorative Yoga class this evening……

The last week of the block is always about getting comfy in long holds. Breathing well in a handful of relaxing poses. Finding deep rest & restoration. Creating comfort & ease whilst quieting the body & mind. Our teacher says it is all about honouring yourself with a peaceful Yoga practice that your nervous system will thank you and I am so looking forward to class this evening with a repeat on Wednesday morning ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ

Joining @excelsior12309 and @northgeorgia on a FD today – we can try to keep each other honest and on track๐Ÿคž

Day 16 Pocket List ๐ŸŽฏ
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Whew, I’m back! Here’s one example of how crazy-busy last week was: At 7:35am on Saturday, I was on my way out the door for the 80 mile drive to my all-day meeting, when I realized I didn’t know the address, so I opened up my laptop to find the email I needed–and found out it was actually a 158-mile drive that would take nearly 3 hours because of the all the small towns I’d be driving through. GAH!!! LOL, so I was dreadfully late and absolutely sick of driving by the time I got home that night; I will not make the mistake again of neglecting to determine exactly where a meeting is located!

Yesterday, we celebrated our eldest’s birthday (he turned 32 on Saturday) with a glorious steak meal, GF French bread that I made for the first time and a garash cake (since it’s a gluten-free recipe). The bread was entirely unimpressive, but DS was thrilled to eat bread of any quality, LOL, and perhaps a second effort on my part will give better results. And an aunt and uncle unexpectedly showed up for church (they live an hour away), so we had them over for brunch; it was all very social and lovely.

Funny fact: we had communion at church yesterday, and at brunch, two hours later, I asked DS32 why he had a rash on either side of the bridge of his nose. It was quite red and grabbed my attention. He said it’s a common symptom of eating gluten. My aunt insisted it hadn’t been there earlier, and we finally realized it was because church doesn’t have GF communion wafers. Good grief, to think that such a tiny bit of gluten can have such immediate results!

Needless to say, I’ve not fasted for the entire week, but the scale isn’t up particularly higher, so my efforts at eating “reasonably” even if not fasting have paid off. This week is back to normal, and I’m very thankful for that, both crazy-busy-wise and eating-wise.

@daffodil2010 It boggles the mind to consider what all happened in your office that the stench is still so awful, doesn’t it? Was anyone there at the time, or was it overnight or on the weekend? Amazing. I’m quite sad for you that your vacation relaxation was so immediately used up by the stress of starting back at work and WFH!

I smiled, @at, when you said your morning was spent with some much-needed housework, as I’m in the very same boat. Despite being entirely tidy and clean on Friday, with as much cooking and baking as DS27 and I did yesterday, the clean is now gone, and thanks to his disinterest in cleaning up after himself, the tidy is also gone! ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ But, truly, the food he produced was so glorious (he’s the one who went to culinary school) that restoring the kitchen to clean and tidy is simply another opportunity to enjoy that dinner, this time via memories. โค๏ธ

@northgeorgia What does your mom think about your efforts to lose weight? Does she agree that it’s a good idea, or does she pooh-pooh your efforts as not important?

@funshipfreddie I’m enjoying all your FUFs!

Okay, no more stalling, but it’s certainly been lovely reading all the posts I’d had to ignore and to catch up with all of you!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Hi, I’m back in for October after trying to get started unrealistically last month and going back to the drawing board. Today is my first FD and is much needed after my birthday weekend of indulgence. I’m keen to lose about 10kg, to get to about 58kg and be more regularly active as tend to have quite sedantry working week and more active weekends with my family. My mum has diabetes and Alzheimer’s so this is a big motivator for me to not follow in her footsteps. Good luck my fellow October 5:2 ers! ๐ŸŒป

Will there be a November Challenge? Just starting this week.

Day 17 FD NZ

I have managed to lose several posts by accidentally touching the screen somewhere??? and gave up, thinking the universe is trying to tell me somethingโ€ฆ
    A young artist came over yโ€™day to do some lovely pen&ink drawings of Mr Mac for her portfolio. I offered her lunch on my FD so am now doing another hopefully successful FD todayโ€ฆ I do like my Monday morning FDs to get rid of the weekend excessesโ€ฆ
    The election is now over with 3 conservative parties in negotiation to set up the new government. The 2 minor parties donโ€™t get on and have far too many bottom lines. The National Party has a leader and deputy who have only done one term in opposition and there are around 25 brand new MPs. Even the old guard of the National Party is saying their fiscal policies are naive and not researched properlyโ€ฆ The special votes are not counted yet so we have another 3 weeks or so before parliament is settled. I think Iโ€™ll switch to watching the rugby ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    @funshipfreddie Your facts are getting worse and worse ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ but enjoyable
    Welcome @septembersun I hope you have found your mojo now. Where are you? I think by the looks of things not in the Sthern Hemisphere so I wonโ€™t add you to todayโ€™s pocket list๐Ÿ™ƒ

Steely Resolve!

Pocket List
    @merry๐ŸŽ

2nd post NZ

@mayme Yes we take turns heading up the monthly challenges. If you go back to the beginning of October youโ€™ll see our groupโ€™s guidelines. Youโ€™re very welcome to join us.
    Cheers!

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

First proper FD in weeks!!! So I won’t break my fast until later this afternoon with a couple of boiled eggs. Water and liquids only until then.

I made a lovely salad for my lunch yesterday and used some of the canned Spanish olives that I had brought home from Holidays. BUT after just one olive my tum was saying no, no, no ๐Ÿ˜จ I guess just because they are Spanish doesn’t mean olives in a tin are good. I had to throw them out. i have loads of cans of Spanish olives however ๐Ÿ˜„

@stitchincarol you had to drive 158 miles at the last minute for a meeting? I would have given up at that stage, well done you!

The office calamity happened this day three weeks ago around 8pm. Only cleaning staff there I think. Nobody was hurt. They are not really telling us what happened…hmmmmmmm

Anyhoo, off to work now in the kitchen.

Have a good FD-Together we are Stronger
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010

Day 17 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@septembersun & @mayme – welcome to the forum & to the monthly challenges!

@at – well done on the B2B2B FD800’s! ๐ŸŽฏ ๐Ÿ’ช

@stitchincarol – good to see you back! I do NOT envy you all that driving?! ๐Ÿค—

@merryapple – politics?! ๐Ÿคฏ We have a general election coming up next year, & I’m not looking forward to it ๐Ÿฅด๏ธ

A couple of diet-related articles from the UK Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12636019/IBS-major-trial-reveals-cheap-antidepressant.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12637035/Could-cheese-CUT-cholesterol-GOOD-heart.html

@merryapple – I can’t think what you mean re my FUFs?! I spend hours researching & fact-checking them True story… ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Today’s FUFs: Did you know…?

There is only one walled city in North America.
    Ravens know when someone is spying on them.
    You are 13.8 percent more likely to die on your birthday.
    The first email was sent by Ray Tomlinson – to himself – in 1971

Day 17 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. I’ll catch up later…gotta run again!

Day 17, London, UK, FD

I’m on a training course today. My assessor is a nightmare, he’s not very clear in what he wants, but wants my answers worded in a precise way!! I’m throwing my hands up in frustration!!!

It’s a 20min pit stop for lunch, so I’ll catch up tomorrow.

If there’s a pocket list, I’m on it, Stay strong folks!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Looking forward to how lovely I’ll feel tonight after today’s fast; it’s been awhile!

@septembersun Welcome to our corner of the forum. Read the very first post of the month (it’s virtually identical each month) for the details on how we operate, not because we’re so rules-driven, but because there’s lots of useful information there. We look forward to getting to know you better as you undertake your journey to a healthier weight!

@mayme There will indeed be a November challenge; read my comments to @septembersun above for the best way to get started with this group, and welcome!

@merryapple Did you get to keep any of the drawings the young artist did of Mr Mac?

@daffodil2010 Well, it was only an extra 80+ miles each way, and I cancelled attending the last meeting so felt compelled to get there…but I certainly felt noble for driving that far, LOL! I wonder if the details will ever come out about what happened at your work?

@funshipfreddie Fun couple of articles; thanks for sharing.

@flourbaby You did see the article on the benefits of eating cheese, right? I thought of you immediately! ๐Ÿ˜‚ You poor thing to have such impossible demands from your assessor; I hope it improves at all!

@northgeorgia Nice weigh-in today; it’s not always down so far these days, right?

The funeral we had last week was only our church’s second funeral this year…and now we have a second member close to death, and a former member who had his funeral in his home church on the east coast, but whose family wants a memorial service here for all the family in the area and for all the long-time friends. That will make 3 funerals in 2 weeks, which may be a record. The relevance to 5:2? Well, beyond it being part of my chatter to include life details, that’s two meals (served after the service) when I’ll be confronted with a challenge to eat well, and swerve the chips, which I find truly difficult. So perhaps a reasonable amount of chips will be acceptable? Is there such a thing as a reasonable amount of chips?? ๐Ÿคช

Okay, I’m off to start my day. Have a grand one, everyone!

Have a good FD-Together we are Stronger
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 18 NFD Auckland 82.7kg

It wonโ€™t accept my post so Iโ€™m giving upโ€ฆ
    Stay strong!

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Storm Babette is making its presence felt, though I am on the east coast far from it currently, it’s windy and rainy……and mild compared to just the other day. I do love the changeable weather ๐Ÿ˜€

Fairly good FD yesterday, went to bed super early as I have not really been sleeping too well since returning from Holiday. I took a hot water bottle with me as I felt cold to the bone…..and slept solidly for 9 hours. Feel refreshed today. Maybe I am getting a post holiday/stress/change of weather cold which might explain my cold to the core last night?

Anyway, another day of ZBC and a lunch planned of homemade veg soup, and I have an Irish beef stew already made and will be warmed up for dinner.

@merryapple oh dear you are having IT issues, hope you can post tomorrow. How is Mr Mac?

@stitchincarol you are always so busy. Hope you can avoid the chips (which I assume are like our crisps) which either/or, I sure find hard to avoid ๐Ÿ˜† And re the “only” extra 80+miles each way…..as an Irish person living on a relatively small island, that “extra” distance would sure bring me a long way โ˜บ๏ธ

Loving your FUFs @funshipfreddie but the Raven one is bizarre ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great Wednesday.

Day 18 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

What a way to wake up?! There was an almighty bang earlier. Not sure what happened, but it looks like one of my neighbours had a ‘senior moment’ & drove her car into someone’s yard. Paramedics were here, but I think she’s just shaken up. The car won’t be going anywhere anytime soon, though, not under its own steam anyway.

@daffodil2010 – Nothing beats a good 9 hour sleep! Except maybe a 10 hour sleep ๐Ÿ˜… That was a strange one re ravens. But I saw this:
    “Even in common ravens, problem-solving, decision-making and remembering past experiences are traits that scientists recognise as highly developed. Now scientists have found that ravens seem to know when they’re being watched by a rival that might steal from them, and then take steps to hide their food”.

@stitchincarol – I hope they’re right about the cheese. I haven’t bought any for ages, but it’s got to be better than chunky KitKats ๐Ÿค”

Line-dancing time; Happy Hump Day y’all ๐Ÿซ

โ€œDreamtโ€ is the only word in the English language that ends with โ€œmt.
    Jupiter is twice as large as all the other planets in our solar system combined.
    A pigโ€™s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
    Your body contains about 100,000 miles of blood vessels.

Day 18, London, UK, NFD,

Started todayโ€™s NFD with a lovely mochaโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. no calorie counting here!!๐Ÿคฃ

Lunch will be ham, mozzarella and sundried tomato โ€˜rollitosโ€™. Faithfully keto, no need to go mad on a NFD, but also no need to be deprived!!

@stitchincarol, I canโ€™t imagine the 2-way drive of that distance!!! My 17 ยฝ mile journey to and from work every day is bad enough๐Ÿ˜โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Mmmm Cheese!!๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค

@merryapple, was your rejected post peppered with naughty words???๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I jest of course, my laptop is having a delayed reaction today๐Ÿ˜–, I type, it thinks about it for a few seconds then my words slowly appear on screen, then rapidly, then slow, then nothing!!!! A laptop launch out the window is looking likely!!!

None of my disbelieving colleagues want to ACTUALLY try the paper folding, theyโ€™re just offering builders reasoningโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ โ€˜well it canโ€™t be true, what about a football pitch sized sheet of paper?โ€™ โ€˜what about toilet paper?โ€™โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. as Iโ€™ve said to them a few times; all mouth, no trousers!!!!

@septembersun, if thatโ€™s not reason enough to pull your finger out, I donโ€™t know what is!!! Staving off Alzheimer’s is top of my list too, but the thing I can see & quantify is equally important โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ fat loss!!!

@funshipfreddie, I only have one thing to say โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ Oink-Oink๐Ÿท!!!!

Onwards & downwards folks!!!

Day 18 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. I did an OMAD yesterday, but had planned for a big dinner out. My brother comes back today, so I thought it would be nice to take mom out. We had shrimp, chicken, and a pretzel/cheese appetizer. Yes, I also ordered the chocolate cake for dessert and for some reason, they were “kind” and brought a double portion. We stuffed ourselves silly and had a little left over. I did pay for it last night with some reflux, which just returned a few weeks ago. I think it’s the mixture of sugary carbs with dairy and eating so late at night. Restricting both would be helpful and part of those “small changes” that can get me in the right direction.

Someone at work asked me not to fast today because she wanted me to try the habanero beef jerky she purchased. Why? To see me wince in pain? I’m really full from last night, so although I hadn’t planned to do so, I’ll make this a FD500. That way, I can try her jerky if need be, with some sugar-free gum to get rid of the spicy after-bite.

Pocket list – day 18
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I did just fine all day, even went grocery shopping before I headed home–and then ate. It was all good food choices, and I was only up to about 300 calories, but I was startled to run out of steam so late in the otherwise-successful day.

The weather has finally turned to fall temps, but beautiful fall temps, and sunny skies almost always–a lovely way to transition to winter. I’m starting to get excited thinking about the various holidays ahead and what we’ll eat and who we’ll invite. Food planning is always my favorite thing and is why I struggle so to drop and keep off weight. I’ll keep fighting the good fight, however. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

@merryapple How odd: you can post a short one but (I’m guessing) not a longer one? Odd, odd, odd…

@daffodil2010 How I envy you your stormy weather. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest just blocks from the ocean and my town (Crescent City, California) got 89 inches of rain a year, so I’m VERY familiar with storms blowing in off the ocean and miss them; that’s the only thing that Nebraska fails out is lovely winter storms–they always turn to snow here and never stick to pounding rain! ๐Ÿ˜‚ You know, I’m always cold on a FD, which is lovely in summer and much harder in winter, and always figure it’s because I have no food in me to burn to keep my body warm. I often drink a hot herbal tea on FD evenings when I’m so cold I can barely stand it. And I laughed out loud at your comment about how far 80 miles would take you on your small island. Yeah, the distances that seem normal to Americans v. the distances that seem normal/reasonable to the English and the Irish are vastly different, aren’t they?

@funshipfreddie Your FUFs today were each fascinating in turn today. Where are you finding these?

@flourbaby “Oink-oink”??? I laughed and laughed, and am still laughing!

@northgeorgia Isn’t it the best when we can do an unexpected FD simply because we’re so full from the day before? Well done, you!

The member I mentioned Monday who was near death died that night, so now we have a funeral on Saturday morning and another on Monday morning. Add in a regular worship service on Sunday morning, and that’s three days in a row to pull out music, practice it, play it, put it away and then do it all over again. This is massively unusual in our small parish, LOL! Makes DH’s retirement in a year or so appear even more appealing!

Okay, have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List Day 18 ๐Ÿ’ช
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 Second post

Several decades ago, I made fruitcake every year around Halloween. I hate candied fruit and only ever used dried fruit, and also put in an equal amount of a variety of nuts, and then baked them in loaf pans (like you’d use for a loaf of bread) and wrapped them and added brandy or whatever until Christmas.

In 2020, @ihatelettuce mentioned he and Mrs IHL were making their Christmas pudding at the end of September, so I got inspired to do the same thing, and have been doing so ever since, using a variety of British recipes and the genuine mold I bought (that, VERY long story, I ended up getting three of) and steaming it in the British fashion.

Here’s what I’m wondering and hoping one of you will know:

1. What’s the difference between baking the fruitcake/pudding and steaming it? I’ve never before seen instructions to steam any dessert cake and always wonder why it isn’t simply baked.

2. Are nuts ever added to a traditional Christmas Pudding? I’m adding nuts to mine this year–at least, I think I am–and am wondering why that’s unusual to a British Christmas Pudding.

Thanks, everyone! You’re my only source of authentic information, LOL!

Day 19 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Let’s do this. Fast until lunchtime when I will have egg salad, and dinner is chicken stir fried with my own home grown red onions and red chilli.

@stitchincarol, Doh, of course that is why I was cold, I was fasting ๐Ÿ˜† When in the office I always have a hot drink on the desk, coffee, tea, herbal tea whatever, but now I have to WFH I seem not to get up to make a hot drink that often. I have a flask of hot water ready for today and will keep the hot fluids going to stop this coldness. Thanks for reminding me.

As for puddings, I cannot help as never made them, but I do remember my mother making Christmas pudding and they were always steamed, never baked. No nuts either. Nuts were not such a big thing in 70’s/80’s Ireland in my home….except for peanuts (monkey nuts as we called them) stil in their shell and distributed with fruit at the door to kids at Halloween. No sweets in those day hah

@funshipfreddie I have plenty of Ravens who visit the garden and they are certainly very clever. Even if I just walk out the back, I would often see a raven or two do a fly-by, as I must be known in the Raven and Crow community for putting out food โ˜บ๏ธ

@flourbaby, I often try keto too, must get back into it ๐Ÿ˜„
    Have a great Thursday all

Pocket list Day 19
    @daffodil2010

Day 19 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@flourbaby – you crack me up! ๐Ÿคฃ

@stitchincarol – There will be no sneaky-peeking at my FUFs. My source(s) may be revealed at the end of the challenge. I wish I could offer some advice for your festive baking. But if you open my oven, I think you’ll find the user manual is still in there, & some polystyrene that it came with. I’m a whizz with a microwave though ๐Ÿคช

@daffodil2010 – ravens are way too smart to visit my garden with Boo Boo on the prowl. We get plenty of noisy Hadedas, but most of them are bigger than her & she wouldn’t dare mess with them.

It’s very quiet down under. @penz – I hope you’re okay & too busy fasting & exercising to chat ๐Ÿ˜œ

Today’s FUFs. Did you know..?

The Super Soaker (water gun) was designed and invented by a NASA engineer.
    In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
    New Jersey grows two-thirds of the worldโ€™s eggplant (aubergine).
    Riding roller coasters can help you pass kidney stones ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Pocket List – Day 19 ๐Ÿ’
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 19, London, UK, FD

Thank goodness itโ€™s a FD!!! Yes, I said that!!! I like the discipline of a FD, this is what I will eat today and thatโ€™s that, no grazing, daydreaming about cake and I can easily disregard the tummy rumbles that usually distract me until I shove something in my mouth! FDs are peaceful days!!!

@stitchincarol, Iโ€™m afraid I have no idea about Xmas puddings, my mum would mince fruit (no nuts) and soak in a fortified wine, sherry or rum (whatever was handy!) for months before making her fruit-cakes at Xmas. I think the suet gives that pudding texture and is maybe the difference between Xmas pudding (steamed) and Xmas cake (baked)??

Iโ€™m really not sure about ravens (do they look like big crows??), we have a nesting couple of what I think are crows in the tree next door. When Bo-Bo goes out in the morning the alarm is sounded (waking all the neighbours!) that the tiger is on the prowl!! During the summer he goes up on the roof to โ€˜inspectโ€™ the blue tit nest under the eaves at which point the crows do fly-bys and dive bomb him!! They donโ€™t get too close, but the cawing noise is horrendous!! ๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿฆ…

Good grief, who would want to be an ancient Egyptian priest, hair removal cream would have literally been a Godsend!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Pocket List โ€“ Day 19 ๐Ÿ’
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. I had a handful of mixed nuts just a few minutes ago. I may go out for lunch today — not sure yet. I see a very slight dip this week. That’s ok, if I can continue the trend, I can get back into the 210s.

Day 19-No. VA USA-FD

I ate pizza last night. Drank water all night. Gained 4 # overnight. Hmmm. Wonder how that happened. I shall join the pocket list. (We have to go to court today regarding the embezzling employee. I spoke with the Commonwealth’s Attorney yesterday to find out what we needed to do–nothing, if everything goes right, and she pleads out, but otherwise, we might need to testify…:(. Oh well, fasting is easy because you can’t eat or drink in the courthouse!)
    Pocket list Day 19

@daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @excelsior12309

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Okay, yesterday was rather a disaster. It started when I pulled several candied orange slices from the package I’d bought (YUM) while I was chopping fruit for my Christmas Puddings/Fruitcakes and then decided I couldn’t live without some of the Brazil nuts I’d also bought. And then some more. And then saw that a mere 1/4 cup (that’s a handfull, is all) is 200 calories, so had some more for good measure. That was all at 10 in the morning, usually a very safe time to be in the kitchen. And then it went downhill from there.

sigh

So I’m counting on today being stellar. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@daffodil2010 It’s funny how we can forget the most basic details, huh? And monkey nuts (LOVE the name, LOL) and fruit for Halloween? I love that idea!

@funshipfreddie Based on things you’ve said, I’m not surprised at the appearance of the inside of your stove. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And I too have begun to wonder where in the world @penz is; I miss her! And @merryapple is apparently still having troubles posting. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@flourbaby Several years ago I bought something or other from the butcher and rendered my own suet, since that was the only way I could find to have it. I perceived no real difference from when I simply used butter, so never again. ๐Ÿคช

@excelsior12309 I’ll be thinking of you today, and hope your court date has all sorts of positive outcomes!

Thanks, everyone, for your comments on fruitcake. It’s so interesting to me that none of you have had nuts in fruitcake. I did get rather carried away with chopping dried fruit yesterday and ended up with TWELVE cups of fruit…oops. That’s enough for 3 or even 4 fruitcakes, depending on the recipe’s opinion. I also ran out of Pedro Ximenez sherry and included Cointreau to macerate the fruit for several days. I’ll bake/steam on Friday, as that’s the first day I have enough time to do that, and my plan is to steam two of them and bake one so we can have a side-by-side taste test to see the difference. This is the year we fly to California for the Christmas season, and my host sister said not to worry about whether people would actually eat the fruitcakes I bring; we could eat as much as we want with family, and then take the rest to church the following Sunday and share it there, so that’s why I’m ending up making so much, LOL!

Okay, I’m off to start my day. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 19 Pocket List ๐Ÿ˜‡
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @excelsior12309
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 20 NFD NZ 82.4kg

Lost another post cause I hadnโ€™t checked if I was signed inโ€ฆ
    Duh ( like Homer Simpson).
    @stitchincarol I have late Victorian Scottish family recipes for Xmas cake and pudding. Both have almonds in them. The pudding has suet and hardly any flour plus breadcrumbs. Iโ€™ll write the recipes out later for any one whoโ€™s interested.
    I have a super busy day so gotta goโ€ฆ

Stay strong!

Day 20 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Happy Fri-yay!

First full week back at work, still WFH for foreseeable, but getting used to it now. I just need to force myself to get up from the desk every hour or so (in the office I was always up and about talking to colleagues, getting coffee, nipping to the printer, but now everything is close at hand or via TEAMS), so new routines will need to be made.

Missie my cat is delighted that she has a full time door opener now ๐Ÿ˜€

Busy weekend ahead. Watching NZ v Argentina in the first semi final tonight, tomorrow my brother is throwing a party for Dads 87th birthday, and Sunday we are off on the motorcycle to try finish this Photo Rally, deadline 1st November. There will not be much wine drinking due to all this travelling about so hopefully all will be well on the scales on Monday.

@stitchincarol there was no “Trick or Treat” at Halloween when I was a kid in the 70’s. Yes we dressed up in spooky outfits (black bin bags were de riguer then as costumes ๐Ÿ˜†), and yes we went door to door, but everybody just handed out fruit and nuts, and that’s all we expected too. Now of course Halloween is a big “Trick of Treat” and always chocolate and sweets…..if you gave fruit to a child now they would probably bounce it back at ya ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great day all

Day 20 – Albania- NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all, just a quick check inโ€ฆ will have to see what the damage is when I get home but Iโ€™ll be travelling for work next week so another tricky weekโ€ฆ I definitely will not be finishing October out in maintenance so there will be a lot of work to do in November โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜.

Fab travels here spending time in Croatia, Montenegro and Albania. Lots of lovely coastal towns and villages – the sea is just glorious. Super interesting history and architecture tooโ€ฆ

Travelling back to Kotor and Kotor Bay today to visit the city and hike in the hills behind the city.

Hope all are well.

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 20 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.7 kg

I’m sooo glad the FD is over with. They don’t get tougher, but they don’t get any easier either. Easier than going to the gym though, I guess ๐Ÿ˜… I hope my fellow Thursday fasters are feeling equally smug today ๐Ÿ˜‡

@excelsior12309 – how did the court case go? And will any of the stolen money ever be returned? It seems like most of these embezzlers get away with a slap on the wrist, especially if it’s a first offence, & they don’t even have to return the money if they’ve already squandered it.

@daffodil2010 – I ‘trick or treated’ in Canada in 1970, & it was great fun. But in England Halloween was unheard of. It was ‘bonfire night’, or Guy Fawkes night.’ Penny for the guy’. We spent weeks collecting the wood, saving for fireworks & treacle toffee. I don’t know if they still do it now. Halloween seems to have taken off everywhere, even here.

Probiotics for hypertension? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12649313/Probiotics-lower-blood-pressure-study.html

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿน

Today’s Fun, Useless Facts:-

A catโ€™s jaw cannot move sideways
    In 2016, Mozart sold more CDs than Beyonce
    Slinkies are 82 feet long
    Most car horns are in the key of F.

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Have a later start today, but glad the weekend is in sight!

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I’m late posting, and must fly–I got involved already in the day’s to-do list, so need to just keep at it. I’ll perhaps chatter later.

Let’s all be strong, shall we???

๐Ÿคฃ

Day 20, London, UK, NFD,

As @i-hate-lettuce would say โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Iโ€™m late on parade today!!!

Iโ€™m not sure I agree @funshipfreddie, yesterdayโ€™s FD seemed tougher than the last few ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. I was ok until about 8pm when I had the urge to chew my arm off!!!Water didnโ€™t do the trick and I knew the avalanche would start if even one tiny morsel passed my lips, so I took myself off to bed like a toddler!!!!!๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿฝ

Amazing about Bo-Boโ€™s jaw!!! I know his ears can turn a full 180 degrees, heโ€™s so lazy he doesnโ€™t even turn his head if he hears something, just swivels his ears then back snoozing/lounging/sunbathing with the usual high level of arrogance & indifference!!! @daffodil2010, I know what you mean about being a full time door opener, sometimes he comes in, checks his bowl, gives me the evil eye then itโ€™s tail in the air & straight back out again!!!๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น

@excelsior12309, I hope the court visit had a successful outcome, I canโ€™t imagine the stress!!!

I know I was away for quite a while, but apart from @penz (who popped into October briefly), there seem to be a few missing long-termers โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..@songbirdme, @lilymartin and @brightonbelle to name a few.

Anyway, hereโ€™s to a successful weekend, I need to get to grips with fasting at home, the working week is fine, but all hell breaks loose when the kitchen is RIGHT THERE!!!!

Keep the faith folks!!

Day 21 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@merryapple – what a trouncing the All Blacks gave Argentina last night?! 44 – 6?! But, kind of expected. So the All Blacks are in the Rugby World Cup Final with South Africa?! Or England…? ๐Ÿค” We’ll know in about 13 hours ๐Ÿ˜ณ

This hilarious local Nike commercial has been doing the rounds. Featuring the Springboks, of course, & some weedy-looking Brits ๐Ÿคฃ I hope we’re still laughing tomorrow…
    https://youtu.be/b1ssl51d3wo?si=XlV9VLXV2t586HmF

@flourbaby@songbirdme is still here occasionally, & regularly kicks my butt on Words with Friends. We haven’t seen @brightonbelle for several months. @lilymartin was here briefly in September though. What times are you eating if you’re hungry in the evenings on FDs? I’m okay if I eat around 7 pm. I’d rather feel hungry during the day & have a meal to look forward to. I always have something protein-rich & never go to bed hungry. An early night is a good option if you’re struggling though ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Today’s FUFs. Did you know…?

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
    Women hiccup less than men.
    Those metal studs on your jeans have a purpose. Theyโ€™re placed on certain spots to add extra support where the denim is more likely to wear out and rip.
    The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

Day 21-No. VA USA-NFD

Thanks to all for the thoughts regarding our court date. So complicated. We didn’t have to do anything on Thursday; now the case goes to the Grand Jury to see if there is enough to indict her for embezzlement, credit card fraud, and obtaining money by false pretenses. My younger sister, who lives in Indiana, was a district attorney for years, and she was actually able to access the online information about all of this. So it looks like we will have to go back in a few months for the actual court case in a higher court….very educational.

Respect to all the fasters who have been dedicated. This month has been a sort of bobbing up and down for me. I shall get more focused now! And welcome to the new members of the forum!

Day 21 – Montenegro – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all, just another quick check inโ€ฆ lovely weather and scenery and the food is good too.
    Sore legs after lots of hills yesterdayโ€ฆ
    Maybe Iโ€™ve worked off some caloriesโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Happy Saturday! Well done to NZ last night – just heard the result. โญ๏ธ

Day 21 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Finally made my roasted butternut squash (with a few potatoes and carrots) and steak strip meal last night. It turned out pretty good, but not attractive enough for children and picky eaters. My mom and I loved it though LOL

I only went over 225 once this week (last Sunday) and the remainder of the week, I stayed at 223 or less. No 210s this week, but maybe soon!

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

“My stomach is not a trash can, so don’t treat it like one.” That phrase was going through my head during the night when I wasn’t sleeping well because I’d eaten too much all day on Friday. Don’t know why Friday is always a bust for me, and sometimes spectacularly so, but I really want to find a way to avoid that pattern, and haven’t yet.

I’ve been getting so frustrated, and simuiltaneously have been thinking I look pretty decent so was wondering why I was working so hard to (unsuccessfully) lose weight, that I’ve been toying with just calling my current weight fine and simply aiming to maintain it.

Then I got up this morning and looked at my body sideways in the mirror.

That was a seriously puffy belly. SERIOUSLY. Ugh.

And that’s when I realized that I really am not okay with accepting the fat on my belly and accepting the weight I am, so it’s back to continuing my efforts. At the funeral luncheon today, I took 8 potato chips to go with my half a sandwich, and a little bit of a corn salad I really love, and that was it, so I was pleased with that. I don’t plan to eat much tonight, but then tomorrow is the challenge.

DS27 is planning to make Chicken and Dumplings for our after-church meal, and then we’re going out to dinner with some dear friends. That’s two significant meals in one day. THAT’S why losing weight is a challenge, LOL! Wanna see the restaurant where we’re going? It’s fairly new, and we’re really looking forward to it: https://www.semofremont.com/menu

And that’s my update. We have another funeral on Monday morning, and perhaps THEN life can go back to a normal pace, LOL! But for now, I’m going to watch a Nebraska football game; there’s even a chance we won’t lose! What do you think, @songbirdme??

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 22 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ 15 ๐Ÿˆ 16 ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Crikey?! What a match? I couldn’t help feeling bad for England. They were winning for the entire game, & then SA finally got ahead 3 minutes before the match ended ๐Ÿคฏ

@stitchincarol – enjoy the restaurant! I was just checking out the menu. Eye-popping prices when you convert to Rand! ๐Ÿ‘€

I had a salted peanut binge yesterday. I bought a 200 g bag (couldn’t find any smaller ones) & told myself it would last several days. Yeah, sure ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So it’s another fast day for me.

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday everyone!

Cats canโ€™t taste sweet things because of a genetic defect
    A frigate bird can sleep while it flies
    Octopuses and squid have three hearts.
    Every time you lick a stamp, you consume one-tenth of a calorie

Pocket List – Day 22 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Today’s not a FD because I wanted to take my mom to see her brother up at a care facility in the mountains, about an hour north of here. She has made some cookies and wants to share a meal with him. So, I’ll plan on making tomorrow a FD.

I noticed a couple of things this week, as I’m down two pounds from last Sunday. Firstly, having that home-cooked meal (although it had a few potatoes) loaded with butternut squash and steak for the past few days stabilized the weight — no major gains for half a week. The other stabilizing effect seems to be a return to more FD500s versus WFDs. I still like a WFD once a week, but although the weight loss is not as dramatic after a WFD, the weight gain isn’t either after the next NFD.

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all, Well done South Africa and hard luck to England – I thought England had itโ€ฆ ๐Ÿฅฒ very tough!
    Home with mum for a few days before I head off againโ€ฆ Iโ€™m tired but no rest for the wicked and alsoโ€ฆ no weighing โš–๏ธ.

I hope everyone is well on this lovely bright Sunday

Day 23 NZ FD 83kg

Have been feasting on Waiheke Island for a friends birthday.
    Happy to be home for a FD๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Hereโ€™s the Christmas cake recipe @stitchincarol

WELLWOOD PARK CHRISTMAS CAKE
    From our Great Grandmother, Agnes Amelia (Muir) Roberts, Wellwood Park, Selkirk
    150หšC x 3+ hrs

Grease round cake tin 9โ€ x 3 ยผโ€ (or wooden box โ€“ donโ€™t heat over 150หšC)
    Line with baking paper 2โ€ higher than the cake to protect the top from burning.
    Add moistened cardboard to outside held in place with string

SOAK for three days
    (453g) 1lb cleaned currants
    (453g) 1lb cleaned sultanas
    (114g) 4 oz chopped raisons
    (60g) 2 oz halved glacรฉ cherries
    (60g) 2 oz candied citrous
    (60g) 2oz candied lemon
    (60g) 2 oz candied orange
    (30g) 1 oz angelica (or preserved ginger)
    (150ml) ยฝ gill brandy
    2 tabs treacle
    Zest and juice of orange and a lemon (Mary)
    Or replace peel with homemade orange whisky or regular marmalade (Mary)

CREAM
    12 oz butter โ€“ beat until soft
    12 oz moist brown sugar โ€“ beat until fluffy
    6 large eggs โ€“ add 1 at a time with a sprinkling of flour
    beat until blended

SIFT and FOLD IN
    15 oz strong flour
    1oz cornflour
    ยผ tsp salt

DECORATE with by gently pushing almonds into the top if not intending to ice it
    COOL In the tin x 12 hours
    SPEAR HOLES through the top and LACE WITH BRANDY on a weekly basis until soaked, then as necessary. Wrap in two layers of grease proof paper and tinfoil

CHRISTMAS TIME Cover with Marzipan. Let dry for three days then ice with American Icing: Icing sugar, egg white and lemon juice (aka Royal Icing). Homemade marzipan is unbelievably better tasting than commercial.

NOTES Keep an eye on the surface when baking ie cover if it looks likely to burn.
    The long low cooking time ensures the dark colouring of the cake which adds to the flavour
    Make 6 months prior to Christmas (minimum three weeks) to allow cake to mature
    Adding moisture, like brandy or squeezed orange juice softens the dry texture esp if it hasnโ€™t had much time to cure.

Day 23 2nd Post

You can replace suet with butter but why would you?!
    This is the original Scottish recipe. Note almonds again!
    Well worth making!

WELLWOOD PARK CHRISTMAS PUDDING

4oz flour
    10oz breadcrumbs
    1 tsp ground ginger
    ยฝ tsp grated nutmeg
    ยฝ tsp mixed spice
    ยฝ tsp ground mace
    8oz brown sugar
    1oz candied citron peel
    1oz candied lemon peel
    1oz candied orange peel
    1lb cleaned raisons
    8oz cleaned currants
    2oz halved glacรฉ cherries
    4oz blanched almonds
    1 grated carrot
    2 tbs treacle
    6 eggs
    8oz butter (or shredded suet)
    2 tab brandy or whisky
    old ale as required

Sift flour, crumbs and spices into a basin. Add sugar.
    Put peel and raisons through a mincer and add to flour mixture with currants and cherries.
    Chop almonds and add with a carrot.
    Stir in eggs and treacle.
    When thoroughly blended, melt the butter and add with the butter (suet) and with the whisky and a ยผ pint ale.
    Stir till blended then add enough additional ale to give a mixture that drops readily from the spoon. (Leave to sit overnight).
    Divide equally between two basins brushed with melted butter and lined in the base with a round of buttered paper.
    Cover each with a scaled pudding cloth sprinkled with flour (or grease proof paper then cloth), tying ends to form handles.
    Steam for 7 hrs. Suspend from hooks in a cool dry place.
    When required steam for 2 hrs. Dish on a heated platter and sprinkle with castor sugar and serve with whipped cream laced with brandy. (Flame and serve with brandy hard sauce).

Day 23 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Quick check in as busy day awaits. Busy weekend too with rugby (oh so sorry for England, we really thought they had it, to lose by one point in the last few minutes ๐Ÿ˜ฑ), Dads birthday party with cake, full day motorcycling yesterday, and now it’s Monday again!

It’s a bank holiday weekend next weekend thank goodness.

Talk later

Day 23 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all, a much needed FD and work day and also a no weigh dayโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve decided not to step on the scalesโ€ฆ and will do so on the 31st when I will really be back to my normal day to day.
    @stitchincarol one day can make a huge difference! I was thinking I was looking great too and actually had lots of compliments but took a look in the mirror in the hotel the other day and thought ugh! Could it be the mirror?? ๐Ÿคฃ

Lovely recipe @merryapple! I admire those of you and my friends (and mum back in the day) who put so much effort and love into the Christmas cakesโ€ฆ my best pal makes one for me/us every year โ™ฅ๏ธ ๐ŸŽ„ the best present.

@excelsior12309 – what an interesting but stressful time for you!

Thanks for keeping us going this month and informed with FUFs @funshipfreddie – ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™m going to take some time to go back through some of them over the next few days as have just skimmed posts while outside the EUโ€ฆ data not covered there so was reliant on wifi.

Happy Monday everyone!

Pocket list day 23 ๐ŸŽฏ
    @jaifaim

Day 23 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 71.0

Weight creeping up, despite a stellar FD yesterday. My BMI is still just under 22 though, according to the chart, so I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.
    Anyway, according to this guy – Brandon Zerbe – who I’m sure is way smarter than me – the ideal BMI for men is 21 – 23. “Despite all the noise, optimal BMI values tend to be between 19 to 21 for women, and 21 to 23 for men”. Sorry ladies. Blame Brandon ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    https://myhealthsciences.com/blog-posts/fitness/optimal-bmi-is-different-than-you-think

@merryapple – thanks for sharing your recipes. But, darn it, I got all my Christmas baking done just last week! ๐Ÿคช

Today’s FUFs. I love the Pringles FUF ๐Ÿคฃ

Barbieโ€™s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts
    The inventor of Pringles is buried in a Pringles can.
    Sweat doesn’t smell bad.
    A cubic inch of human bone can bear the weight of five standard pickup trucks.

Sending RESOLVE to today’s fasters ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket List – Day 23 ๐ŸŽฏ
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim

Day 23 – Leicester UK – FD

As my weight has slowly crept back up I am here again for accountability and to give and receive encouragement. Weigh in this morning at 71.4kg my goal is 60kg hoping for a slowish and steady loss that is sustainable. Have a busy work week ahead of me which helps with the distraction on fast days especially as I am starting again having not done any in a while……hoping for either a 5:2 or possibly a 4:3 week but we will see how we go…….good luck to those who need it.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply.