LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,646 total)

• PS lost 3 pounds last week, so am now 10.11 – getting there. I hope to have lost 8 pounds total in 4 weeks from 5th Jan so will have to work hard to keep at it.

I started on 5.1.2015 after a shocking after Christmas weigh in at my heaviest ever (and most depressing) 20 stone 2lb !!!

I felt like a butter ball and realised something had to be done.

I am on my third fast day so far and lost 6lb up to now, and surprisingly finding the fast day reasonably ok with minor ‘pangs’ and it has really helped me to cut out sugar completely from my diet – and considering I always had two sugars in tea (and have many in a day!) I now find there is no way i could sugar tea ever again. My two young children are my biggest motivation and i am overcoming swimming pool embarrassment to take them and I have started mild runs on our running machine on non fast days. I feel great already (probably more psychological than anything !)

I am quite tall and carry the weight well (no one has judged me at being the weight I am) but I have the determination for the first time in my life to do a life changer with this, and i see it as just that – not a temporary diet but something i can live with comfortably long term !

I know getting to 15 stone is a tall order but i am determined and helped by forums and topics like this one.

Pushed on by so many positive posts, so thanks for that 🙂

Hi Dandini and welcome to the thread, it’s great to have you join us.

Look forward to hearing about your success and sharing stories. One thing I’ve found is that fasting definitely helps control my cravings. Last year I had a lot of success on 5:2 when I stuck to it, but I plateaued, and got disheartened so basically ate my way back up to my starting weight and started 2015 bitterly disappointed in myself.

Back on the fasting train now though and spurred on by the success stories of the others on this thread who have successfully stuck to it throughout 2014 and lost so much weight.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Evening girls,

how are you all doing. Wow Kilda that’s so amazing to hear about your brilliant progress and your amazing wedding. Would be so lovely to share pictures; I too would love to see your wedding pictures too.

Didn’t quite make the Mail in the end … was this close (picture my thumb and forefinger held really close together!!) but hopefully they might let me have copies of the pictures they took, since I can’t see what use they will be to them but would be fabulous for me to have.

Oh Little D you’ll soon get back to it, I’m the mistress of self sabotage too but I do believe this way of life is a keeper; now that I’ve got my head around that I’m finding it much easier and you will too. Soon those trousers will be back in the cupboard and you’ll be peeking at the new spring/summer clothes coming in.

I’ve been fasting today, was very stressful when i got home – my Mum and Dad came up early to be in for someone to come and repair a leak, they never showed, wont’t bore you with any further details but was very frustrating and stressful to say the least! Now there was a time when that would have definitely meant a major biscuit attack!! But I reached for the …

sliced ham in the fridge!!! Ate two and it did the trick!! Wow how things have changed!!!

Good luck to any of you that are fasting on Tuesday.

x

Morning ladies, how are we today?

Lovely to hear from you both – Hilly sorry to hear you didn’t make it to the DM, but it must have been wonderful getting your photos done and talking to someone from the media about your success stories. Do share the pictures if you ever receive them. Brilliant to hear that you managed to stave off temptation with ham slices! What do you tend to eat on fast days now? Are you very strict on your non fast days? Do you still have treats? So many questions!

Yesterday’s fast went well – managed to sustain myself on water and herbal teas all day. I made a bolognase sauce with tinned chopped tomatoes (80 cal per can) lean mince (458 for the whole pack), garlic, mushrooms, and pepper. It made 3 servings, so I had a third of it – I served it with a handful of slim pasta (20 calories) and a side of broccoli – not sure about the calories but can’t have been more than about 40/50. Then I had an Options Hot Chocolate and a small celebrations Mars chocolate. I also cracked at about 10pm just before bed and had a water biscuit with a bit of low fat soft cheese which I was disappointed in myself for, but overall it was ok I think.

Weighed myself again this morning and despite having eaten whatever I wanted this weekend, (albeit I did work out twice for an hour each time) I am down another pound. Takes my total loss to 4lb which is very pleasing.

I am not fasting today but will going to the gym and fasting on Wednesday.

How is everyone else doing?

bit quiet on here, but thought i’d check in and see how we’re all doing.

I am fasting today, went to the gym yesterday and worked out for an hour which felt good. I also watched an interesting BBC documentary and tailoring diets to your specific eating habits and one of them is the fasting 5:2 diet.

was still 4lb down as of this morning, but hoping to drop another this week.

Welcome Dandini,

so sorry didn’t see your post the day before, we must have been posting at a similar time! Great to have to you join us and brilliant to hear how good you are already starting to feel. You’re so right, it’s that decision to take control and start doing something that really helps us begin to feel good. Stick with it through the ups (I promise it will be mostly downs :-)), we’re a very friendly thread and will do what we can to help!

Little D, sounds like you have got your mojo back – good on you. Am in the process of watching the Horizon programme but it keeps buffering!! However did the quiz and guess what I should be an intermittent faster!!

Have fasted Monday and today; am looking forward to eating my flour tortilla pizza later (bit of an experiment, will let you know how it turns out later!!) Am hoping to have shifted my Christmas gain (2lbs) so fingers crossed.

I finally got a copy of the pictures and barely recognise myself! Look very glam!! If you like add me as a friend on Facebook Gail Griffiths, Banstead. Will remove this bit once i know you have seen it (if you are on FB that is girls) that way we can share pics. xxx

Morning fasting friends

Hilly I’m not on Facebook I’m afraid, so I won’t be able to find you on there 🙁 if only there was some way you could share photos on this forum, I’ve always wondered why you can’t. I also did the BBC2 quiz and I’m a constant craver as well, and so I’m also on the right diet. Isn’t it interesting! I hope you get a chance to watch the programme soon. It’s very interesting, finally some research to show that it’s not one diet fits all!

I fasted yesterday which wasn’t as bad as expected, managed to even go for a diet coke at the pub after work (when people asked why I wasn’t drinking, I thought it might save some explanation to say that I was doing a Dry January) and waited to eat dinner which was chicken with loads of roasted veggies, corn on the cob and a low calorie hot chocolate for dessert. Pleased that, despite my “monthly friend” which I have found has a lot to answer for weight fluctuations, that I am another pound down as of this morning which means I have lost 5lb after 4 fasts which is very pleasing. I completely expect weight loss to slow down at some point but for now, it’s satisfying seeing the weight coming back off.

Good luck to the fasters today, you can do it!

So a new week and have done one fast already!

Lost the 2 I gained over Christmas last week so am hoping to inch a bit closer to my target this week! Was absolutely freezing yesterday just could not get warm!! Ended up wearing two of my friend’s cardigans on top of my own!

Fab Little D to hear things are moving the right way for you too. I did get to watch the programme in the end – most interesting. Think I kind’ve knew fasting was the thing for me because a year on I’m still doing it! Would normally have waddled off to the wayside by now!!

In contrast to yesterday was warm today and a lovely new teacher at school commented that she hadn’t realised how small I am because I’m normally covered up 🙂

Such a shame not sure how else we could share pics girls – maybe that meetup we never quite managed. I wonder how the others are – hope you’re all ok girls.

X

Hi Hilly

Well done for losing that 2 lb, I know what you mean about feeling cold, I’ve got that same problem today, wearing a vest, dress, one thin and one thick cardi and still feeling very cold.

Glad you found the programme interesting, I still need to watch the final episode to see how the participants got on.

Isn’t it lovely having compliments like that to keep you on the right track!

Still feeling pretty big despite being on my 6th fast this week. It’s a slow and steady process though, and I’m still kicking myself for letting it slip so badly last year. 🙁 2015 will be the one!

I didn’t do any exercise this weekend and was off visiting a friend so wasn’t watching what I was eating. Before the weekend, I was 10.9 (5 pounds down) then after the weekend I was 10.12, and this morning I was 10.10. Does your body weight fluctuate as much as mine? I was hoping for another 2 pounds down this week to take me to 10.7 but I don’t know if that’ll be achievable…

Hey Little D and anyone else that passes by,

apologies for my erratic responses!! Am with you all the way just everything is so hectic at the moment.

You’re weighing yourself a lot Little D! Fluctuations are natural so you’re making it tougher for yourself! Choose a day and stick to it or hide the scales away!!

I fasted twice this week and am feeling chuffed lost a pound and 3/4 taking me down to 9 st 1.8lbs!! Oh my when I started just over a year ago, well over 11 stone thought I’d be lucky to get below 11. Am 1.8 lbs from the seemingly impossible target I set myself back in Jan 2014. Can’t believe it!!

You will do it Little D, I know it.

xxx

Hi HIlly and anyone else who stops by.

Hope you had a good weekend – I had a rather indulgent one so I didn’t dare weigh this morning. I was up to 10.11 on Friday morning which was very disheartening. I did go for a run on Friday and do an exercise class on Sunday though so hope that counteracted it a bit.

Hilly do you tend to count calories on non-fast days? How strict are you on weekends?

I know I should only weigh myself once in a while but I find myself stepping on the scales most days to keep track of things. I know it should be once a week.

I so wish I hadn’t let myself go towards the end of last year – I’m so frustrated with myself for making it harder to claw back to where I was. Still feeling very chubby.

Hi Hilly and friends.
    I’ve also put on weight over Christmas,New Year and my birthday.I just seemed to let it all go with a resulting 7lb gain!! I had lost 10 lbs in the lead up to Christmas doing 5:2. SO…today is my first fast day in the battle to lose those 10lbs and hopefully another 20 to take me down to 10 stone. So far it is going well… I had a 30 minute bounce workout this morning and have nothing but herbal tea and water. Looking forward to a hearty chicken noodle(made with spiralized courgettes) soup for supper. This seems a nice, friendly encouraging thread. Well done on all the weight you have lost.

Hi Pag and Little D,

welcome to our little gang Pag – Christmas eh but sometimes we need a break!! And we all know this works if we just stick to it! I’ve been fasting today too – has been hard today, a child told me to f*** off! at lunchtime today, the urge to binge!! But good old miso soup, sorted me out and kept the munch demons away!! Tonight I had cod with Birds eye steam fresh mediterranean vegetables, was delicious. Had a yoghurt to finish off, so have gone slightly over at 519 but that’s fine by me.

Now Little D, beating yourself up again!! Just get back into the swing of things and look forward taking each step at a time.

Aggghhhhhh my son has been foul today today (or maybe it’s me, not sure difficult to tell!!)

Will be glad when it’s bed time.

🙂

Hi PAG and Hilly

Welcome to PAG and good luck – would love to see how you get on – sounds like we are in a similar position! Keep in touch and happy fasting.

Hilly – sounds like you had a stressful day but well done for not succumbing to the fasting monsters.

Feeling a bit demotivated this week, still stuck at 10.10 as of this morning. When I fasted in Jan last year I lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. This Jan it’s been week 1, lost 3 pounds, week 2 lost 2 pounds, then week 3 gained 1 pound and week 4 stayed the same.

I know the answer to this is not giving up – I gave up last year and really regretted it, but it’s hard to look forward to fasting when you feel like you’re not getting anywhere with it!

Hi Folks, still going strong and lost 10lbs up to now since 5th Jan. Finding the fasting days fine and can’t say I’m that hungry as I have the thought ‘ I can eat normally tomorrow’ firmly imprinted in my brain ! – Things have slowed considerably though mainly because my exercise plan is lacking, being made of the occasional jog on the running machine and swimming, but definitely need to do more. Initially the biggest problem for me was going cold turkey on sugar but my mother in law made me a brew with sugar in the other day and I found it horrible – I guess Im over the need for the sugar rush and i feel loads better for it after a few initial days of headaches and feeling ropey. The other thing I have found is that my skin (face) is awful. I don’t know much about my skin and wash and shave normally. Perhaps over these few weeks the toxins are finding their way out !! – I hope so or I may need to moisturise, lol, which really isn’t me !!! I hope everyone else in the thread is doing ok – I love this system, but my goal of losing at least 5 stone still seems a long way off !!! 🙂

Keep going strong, dandini, you have already lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks, that is so great!! Just think, if you keep going like this, by Christmas you could most likely of reached your goal!!

I am down one full pant size since I started this on January 5th. I have had no headaches while doing this diet but funny you say about moisture, my hands are so dry, I am continously using hand lotion and my thumb has an awful dry crack that keeps coming back…strange. Don’t see how that can be related to this diet.

My fast days are going better now, I am staying with in my 500 calories.

I work out doing Zumba, Zumba Toning, and I do a kettle bell class on Saturdays. So that has alot to do with my weight loss as well.

I swear this Green Tea with Lemon and Ginsing I started drinking when I started this diet keeps my hunger away…maybe its in my mind, but I’m loving it!

My weigh in is this Friday, fasted Monday and today, 7 pounds down so far…it would be great to be 10 pounds down, like you, dandini!

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Hi everyone,

Dandini am sure your skin will start to clear up – I suffer from rosacea and it’s heaps better since I have switched to Intermittent Fasting, hardly ever have to resort to my antibiotic gel now. If you stick with it you will lose the weight, a male friend at work lost 6 stone in a year and a half, has acquired a girl friend, become a dad and is soon to embark on an exciting new career. I have every confidence that you will achieve your goal.

Welcome Dawnie Dawn too, you’re doing fantastically well; when you first start it’s definitely quite hard and you will probably meet a lot of sceptics too. Just keep going your results will speak for themselves!!

Hi Little D, hope you’re ok.

Completed my second fast of the week today, just wondering what to have to finish off the day, just a little something! And am looking forward to my smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel tomorrow morning.

Have a good fast tomorrow anyone that is.

x

Morning all – another fast day has come around – who else is fasting?

Dandini, well done on all the weight you have lost – you are doing fantastically and hope that your success continues.

Dawniedawn sounds like you’re also doing really well, I am also a big fan of green tea, I am a big fan of the one with mango and lychee, yum.

So confession time, I had a bit of a blow out on Wednesday which was meant to be a fast day – so I only managed one fast last week. But I’m back on it this week – I went to the gym Tuesday last week, went for a run on Friday and Saturday, and circuits training yesterday. Tomorrow I’ll go to the gym again, and hopefully manage a run on Thursday morning.

I haven’t weighed since last Thursday/Friday when I was up to 10.12. Feeling disappointed but also know I need to keep going.

Morning, I’m also fasting today. This will be my second week. My weigh-in last Friday showed 3lbs off which I was thrilled with. However I weighed in this morning and seem to have gained a pound over the week-end. So I’ve made the decision to weigh in once a week on a Friday(after a Thursday fast). This might keep me more motivated…hopefully!

I’ve just finished my box of green tea with lemon so I’m off to buy some more this afternoon…and will look for added ginseng…thank for the tip Dawnie Dawn.

I have been reading all your posts for a while, very interesting. LD you must keep going, you know this works, I admire all the effort you are putting in to exercise, and you DD. I must be honest, I have never heard of green tea, the one with ginseng sounds good, I will look out for it.
    I have been following this WOL since Jan 5th, I have lost 8lbs and lots of inches, 3 and a half from my waist (or where my waist should be haha) At least 20lbs to go. Loving the new way of eating, lots of homemade soups, without bread, why did I used to eat all that bread?? Homemade pizza on tortillas instead of bread based. I still have a glass of wine with my evening meal on most feed days. But I am a lot better than I was, I would have wine and a gin and tonic most nights (hanging my head in shame)

Fast day tomorrow for me, I am finding them easy, long may that continue 🙂

Hi Dandini, you and me have the same goal, 15 stone would be great. Like you I carry the weight without looking my weight, one of the benefits of being over 6 ft. I’m a couple of weeks behind you having started in late January. I started at 19st 3lb and have lost 6lb in my first week. On my third fast day today, ok so far but looking forward to my dinner.
    Going for a long walk now to take my mind off missing lunch.

Evening everyone,

lol the late shift checking in!!

Great to see lots of you joining our thread, welcome Big Al and Apple Pie.

Stayed the same last week but not too worried, am towards the end of my journey so it’s bound to take longer!

Have fasted today, have been cheating lately and buying a range of soups called Skinnylicious, today’s one was only 160 calories for the whole pot. They all seem to be less than 300, find them very warming on these cold fasting days. Look out for them lads and lasses they stock them in ASDA and Tesco probably the other supermarkets too.

x

Afternoon everyone

Welcome to the new comers, we’ve lost some people off this thread I feel Hilly! but nice to have new people join us.

Well done for maintaining Hilly, you’ve done so well and I am eternally jealous that you are down at 9 stone. I would give anything to be there right now! Anyway, let’s not be stuck on wishful thinking and turn this into a reality.

I am down to 10.9 again, which is good. The scale is moving in the right direction. Planning on braving the cold and going to the gym tonight, and fasting tomorrow. Got a chicken curry on the go for tonight, but instead of having it with rice I’ll have it with quinoa to make it a bit healthier.

Today I had fruit and yogurt for breakfast, my leftovers slim pasta with chicken and mushrooms that I had for dinner last night, a slim fast chocolate bar (which tastes just like a mars bar but is only 95 calories and feels very indulgent!) also had a nakd bar, which is made from just fruit and nuts, no added sugar and any rubbish preservatives, I’m a big fan of them, they feel like a bit of a treat without the guilt.

Thanks for the tip on the soups Hilly I will certainly look out for them when I’m out shopping. Which flavours are your favourite?

LD x

Hilly – got the skinnylicious soup yesterday while I was in tesco, the Thai dream one and looking forward to indulging in that at dinner tonight. It’s just under 200 calories for the whole thing so I’m also going to have 2 crumpets with it, what a treat 🙂 and that also leaves 100 calories for a hot chocolate. Yay.

Feeling the struggle today, and I know it’ll be a tough day. Willing on the end of the day to come as quickly as possible.

Hoping to be down to 10.8 at the end of the week. Slowly slowly making my way there. I think from next Monday I will try and stay off the scales for 4 weeks and seeing how I get on.

Anyone else fasting today?

Afternoon everyone,

am fasting today too! Hope you like the soup Little D – I find them very handy with the weather being so cold, something hot and very delicious and easily heated up. My evenings can be very hectic, so they’re definitely a life saver!! He he your talk of crumpets made me look in the supermarket but then I thought butter jam, marmite cheese!!! Best not!! Perhaps I’ll treat myself at the weekend as my kids are with their Dad!

I tend to weigh once a week so will weigh tomorrow morning would be good to have hit my 9 stone target but who knows – fingers crossed!!

How is everyone else doing?

x

Morning all

Thanks for the tip Hilly – I haven’t had the soup yet as I got home after a day of fasting and decided that I fancied something a bit more substantial so I fried a small rump steak in some garlic, chilli together with 200g of tenderstem broccoli and 50g of mushrooms, which was really yummy. I had a small low calorie hot chocolate before bed, but had such trouble sleeping again last night, woke up twice and had some trouble going to sleep. This tends to be a common thing for me on fasting days. Very frustrating. So I am saving my crumpets for the weekend as I wanted to stay away from the carbs last night!

Also went for a run in the snow this morning so feeling very righteous about that. And it was snowing.

Down to 10.7 this morning, which means I down half a stone, or 7 pounds, since I started on 5th Jan. I am glad I’m finally seeing some satisfying results. Some of my colleagues are also interested in joining me so it’ll be good to see how they get on!

Have a good day all. And good luck if you are fasting.

Morning everyone

Glad you’re seeing results Little D it makes it all worth it 🙂

I’ve stayed the same again this week; I guess the last half stone or so is going to be hard! Will stick with 5:2 for now but maybe pop the odd 4:3 in.

How is everyone else getting on.

X

Thanks Hilly – I’m still clawing back from where I ended up failing spectacularly last year, so I’ve got a way to go yet.

Well done for maintaining, you are already so tiny now so don’t be disheartened that you didn’t lose anything. When will you switch to 6.1 do you think? I though you mentioned that your target is 9 stone so you’re not far off!

x

Hello again
    LD I have trouble sleeping too on fast days. I have just done a B2B Day 1 350 calories, yesterday 50 liquid calories, and I have been awake since 4am! Never mind, I would rather have sleeplessness than fat.
    Having a normal day today, I have just had bad stomach pains but they have gone now.
    Fasting again tomorrow. Weigh in on Monday.
    Well done Hilly, almost at your target weight of 9 stone, that’s brilliant! I hope to get under the 9 stone mark, I will be there in just over a stone. I am only 5’2″ and apple shaped so need to lose it. It’s going ………
    Good luck everyone!

I struggle to sleep sometimes too, especially if I’m cold!! Which unfortunately I often am on a fast day!

Applepie you’re a littley like me and Little D, I’m 5 foot 1.

Little D you’re right am 1.8 away from the original target I set myself! However have decided to try and lose another half a stone beyond that, which would take me to an unimaginable 8 stone 7 lbs!! That would put me in the middle of a healthy weight for my height; this time last year I couldn’t even picture being a healthy weight let alone being well within the range – intermittent fasting is amazing!! Best thing of all though is I feel relaxed about it all, I have found a way to lose weight and keep it off that suits me – so liberating.

Anyone fasting tomorrow?

x

When I checked my ideal weight for my height it said 8st 2lb!!! I can’t see me ever getting to that. I will be ecstatic to get under 9stone, my original aim was 9st 7lb but I now know that will not be enough.
    I am fasting today and I woke up hungry, but I won’t give in. Had a black coffee up to now.
    We can do this!

We can do this apple pie! Hope your fast goes well today.

X

Morning all

Apple Pie good luck – I think it sounds like we’re about the same at the moment, I’m 5. 2 (possibly 5 1 but I’ve not measured myself in years!) Anyway I am also short! I can’t remember the last time I was within the healthy BMI range so that’s the ultimate goal. I got down to 10 stone last year but slipped up in a major way and ended up back at 11 but I’m clawing my way back. I have a mini target to get to 10 stone which I think will take a few months, and then I would like to have a healthy BMI so somewhere under 9 stone 11. I would love to be 9 stone on the nose but I realise that will take a lot of time.

Good luck with your fast, and would be great to hear your progress!

Hilly that’s quite a target you’ve set for yourself, best of luck! Must be so lovely to see yourself so teeny tiny after doing so well on the 5.2 last year. What’s been the best thing about your new way of life?

Hi All
    Weigh in today revealed 1 lb off, so that’s 4 lbs in 2 weeks, I suppose that’s ok and I guess 1 lb each week would soon mount up. I’m still at that anxious phase of will it/wont it work, whereas in reality i KNOW it works if I keep at it and should just chill out and get on with it!!
    My fast day went well yesterday, it was busy a work day which helped, and I took a small portion of home made veg soup in a flask for lunch-50 cals (no breakfast, just a mug of tea) and had a Morrisons ready meal of 350 cals for dinner then a small grilled banana and Nume squerty cream- 100 cals.
    I really like this thread…you lot are really motaivating ….thank you!

What a fabulous sunset we are having on the east coast of Scotland after a super day. Managed to get out for a short walk and then OH took me for lunch. Chose carefully this time and managed to stay well within my calories for the day. The myfitnesspal app is brilliant for tracking calories eaten and am finding it so much easier to follow now, although they quote a much lower calorie allowance than the one suggested on the FD calculator, I am trying to keep to MFP suggestion as it is still plenty each meal. I think because I’m small I don’t need so many calories and was amazed at how many they stacked up, even tho I am eating healthily. End of week three, 4lbs gone and 2.5″ off my waist! delighted. Have a great weekend everyone.

Evening everyone,

Pag 4lbs is brilliant I kept a record of my journey, this is the first four weeks of my journey:-

Week 1 – 4lbs
    Week 2 – up 1lb
    Week 3 – down 3/4 lb
    Week 4 – down 2.5 lbs

Lost 6.5lbs in 4 weeks, not so different – just remember it’s not a quick fix, keep at it and it will happen. I have had at least two plateaus where either I stayed excactly the same or went up a bit, down a bit, up a bit but I just kept at it and little by little the weight slipped away and I feel heaps better. As of this morning my total loss is now 2 stone 7 1/2 pounds since 6 Jan last year. Am 5ft 1!

Have a brilliant weekend everyone xxx

Weigh day today. Another 2lbs gone. Wonderful! And that is after a big roast chicken dinner yesterday, well when I say big it was about half the size of my pre 5:2 days, but it was enough. I felt satisfied but not stuffed like I used to. We had wine, and 2 cherry liqueur chocolates after, watching tv.
    Loving this WOL. Fasting today, yes! I am in control.
    Enjoy your day!

Hi all, I am a newbie here. I have been reading your posts and I am so happy to read them. So inspirational. I am starting my fast today and need to lose loads. I have tried every diet out there and none have worked long term.

Congratulations to you all, you are all doing great. I just hope I can do this.

Hi Molly78 don’t doubt it for a moment, you CAN do this! This WOL is flexible, you can choose your fast days, you choose what to eat, it’s easy and it’s enjoyable.
    Have fun!

Hi Molly and welcome:

You can do it if you really want to. It is up to you. This information might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Apple Pie – well done on your loss, you’ve done really well and look forward to keeping up with your success.

PAG well done to you too, I hope this is motivation to keep going. I started my fast diet last year and in my first 4 weeks, I lost 8 pounds – 2 pounds for each week I fasted.

Third Time Lucky – well done to you too – really pleased for you, keep us updated.

As for me, I had quite an indulgent weekend, I don’t regret it – I exercised twice – once on Friday night and again on Sunday. My weight was up another 3 pounds but I expect (hope) it’s just water weight and it’ll be back down again after my fasts this week.

I’ve also got to do back to back fasting this week which is not ideal. With my week’s plans, it’s the only way I will get both of my fasts in. Fasted today and will be doing so again tomorrow which is not making me happy right now! Last time I tried back to back fasting was when I did 4:3 and I found the last day a real struggle.

Any tips for back to back fasting?

What a super day in the east of Scotland. Did a lovely walk along the riverside in Perth and then a drive up to and around beautiful Dunkeld. Have to make the most of these days – it could be snowing again next week! Logged my exercise and amazed at how the calories burn off. Means I get to eat a little more today to reach my calorie intake. Just starting week four so fingers crossed. Definitely not wanting to eat so much on normal days. Methinks my stomach is shrinking. I ate well below my TDEE yesterday but what I had was more than enough. The scales will tell all tomorrow!

Hi everyone.

Wow 3rd time lucky, sounds like a beautiful part of the country you live in. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow morning, sure you will have done well. Make sure you measure yourself every so often too, it helps when the scales stay stubbornly stuck – measurements often continue to go down.

Welcome to our gang Molly, this really does work and we’ll all help you along the way.

Little D, a girl after my own heart having an indulgent weekend – that’s what it’s all about, living life and fasting as and when. I’ve been fasting today too, am feeling rather hungry at the moment (have had my dinner), so it may be an early night for me.

Went to be be remeasured for my bra on Saturday – can’t believe it, I’ve gone down two back sizes!! Can not ever recall having a 30 back!! 5:2 so rocks.

Hope your fasts go well any Tuesday fasters.

xxx

Third Time Lucky – sounds like you are very lucky to live where you do! Good luck with your weigh in and hope it shows some results!

Hilly you are positively shrinking with a 30 measurement! Wow! Did you ever imagine you would get there. You are honestly my inspiration, I think it sounds as though we were around the same size when you started, and if you can do so well sticking to it for a year, I’m really excited to see where I could be in a year as well. I’m praying that I don’t fall off the wagon as spectacularly as I did last year.

Fasting again today but going to Pizza Express tonight for one of their 400-500 calorie pizzas, yay! I think it’ll be a struggle to fast today as I’m doing it back to back but then I’ll be done for the rest of the week and hopefully be able to make some good choices. Also planning a morning run for tomorrow and Friday, and my usual gym class at the weekend.

Good luck any Tuesday fasters – I’ve not fasted on a Tuesday for ages!

x

Evening everybody,

Little D it did feel amazing I stood in the changing room in a state of total shock and disbelief!! I seem to have got small all of a sudden and my brain hasn’t adjusted yet!! Even my clothes that were so impossible to do up I had put them away are now too big!! Ha ha I went on a first date on Saturday, the guy I was meeting asked if wouldn’t mind wearing a skirt but I couldn’t find one that fitted!! Serious wardrobe issues now!! Will gradually build up a new one (but will keep all my bigger clothes in the loft i think, as my history has been to regain everything I lost!! – feels different but just in case!!) Just persevere and it will be you too Little D.

What a nice thing to look forward to at the end of a fast day a light pizza – hope you made it through and are now enjoying your reward.

How’s everyone else getting on?

x

hi everyone, I have been reading this forum for a while now and I am so happy you guys are still posting!
    I bought the book last week and last Thursday was my first fast day.
    I must admit, I am a diet veteran and was really skeptical about another diet, but this one is fantastic! I think it is the ”choice” that really does it for me. I a diet tells me I must/I am not allowed, I will do the opposite. Here, I have the choice – I do not have to fast today, and tomorrow I can eat what I fancy. Being so free makes it so easy for me to be ”good”.
    What I noticed so far is the skin on my face… It looks fantastic after a week! right now I have just taken a shower and it looks as if I still had my foundation on, so radiant, smooth, just healthy.
    Another surprise – a fast day is not leaving me weak and shaky. Today was my fast day and in the evening I did my usual 30 min trot, no problem!

Hilly66, I have been reading your posts since Jan last year and I am so happy to read how little you have gotten! congratulations! that feeling when you see yourself in the changing room’s mirror is wonderful indeed…

Hello
    This sounds like a lovely friendly post. Hoping to join in for some moral support.
    X

Welcome Rallika and Cakey Wakey,

delighted you’re joining us on the fast train. Stick with it and you’ll soon be seeing results and there’s always someone here for odd dare where things go pear shaped!!

Hope you had a good night out Little D.

Felt cheerful driving home today because it was still light and the snowdrops are out – little signs of the forthcoming spring are beginning to appear.

Fasting again tomorrow.

x

It’s only my second fast tomorrow. My plan is to fast Monday and Wednesday as working on the assumption that I start a new diet every single monday anyway so it’s only the Wednesday habit I need to really get in to. I think I’ve worked out that on the other days I should stick to about 1700 calories but hoping on a Friday to sneak in an odd extra fast day or at least stick to 1000 calories. I do yoga on a Friday night and don’t eat dinner until I get back at 9 and always feel very virtuous so end up just having something quite light.

Do you think that sounds ok

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.