Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,451 through 2,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Team, nothing but positive post tomorrow no matter what. We are here to encourage and support. The excitement is still with in, we are winning, keep the strength, YOU CAN DO IT…CG xxxx

[post deleted]

Andrew I agree with you so much as no real input was ever given. Thank you for your kind words. I never though it would be possible, I feel shell shocked. Thank you for putting me, and others on our thread wise, hope you are feeling better, take care and thank you for being so wise…CG xxx

[post deleted]

Aww, Gee…Lookit The Moon, Old Hoss…….

MOONLIGHT ON THE WATER
    GLITTERS AS IT FLOWS
    JUST GOIN’ WHERE IT OUGHTA’
    IT RIPPLES AND IT GLOWS
    GIVING US A GLIMMER OF BEAUTY IN THE NIGHT
    OR FEAR IN OUR SOULS OF ITS DEMONS OUT OF SIGHT
    OF TURBULENCE MAJESTIC WHEN SEAS ARE RUNNING HIGH
    OF PEACE AND LOVING MOMENTS WHEN IT SOFTLY TRICKLES BY
    ‘TIS WOVEN IN THE FABIC OF EV’RY HEART ALIVE
    WITHOUT MOONLIGHT ON THE WATER – HOW THEN SHALL I SURVIVE?……MCB (the gypsy)

For whom it may concern ……PS….friends are just fine in fair weather, but you only get half a dozen true blues – If ya lucky one of ’em will be weather proof . Best not to throw ‘em all out ‘cos the dishwater’s murky. Clip clop, old horse, we’ll all be right here, stuck in the mud, when you get back to the stables. ….um… I do eulogies for the damned and deserted, too, Ya don’t wanna risk that, mate…….Garn, I knooow yore peeking! Laugh and get over it. If you have a fault it’s loyalty, can’t help bad luck! Love to you. Gyps xxx

Yowchie. ali_kayn explain how you thought who was a troll without thinking it yourself?

Gypsy that was a bootifull poem, did you write it?…..thankyou…..nighty night…early start tomorrow…lots of gardening to do before the heat and storms start in Perth…Don’t cha just love Summer…WE CAN DO THIS !

We can do this Veggie and we are. We are all so much better off than this time last year. I’ll be gardening too, it’s quite therapeutic an so relaxing, in fact time just gets away..enjoy…Gypsy again another terrific poem keep them rolling you clever lady. Night team, see you in the morning…CG xx

Andrew you are so right. A huge amount of love, support and giving has gone into the establishment and growth of Aussie Determination.

Today has been a hard day for us all. But remember who we are….we are AUSSIE DETERMINATION….we are about getting up, dusting ourselves off and just getting on with it.

Many of us on here have had much more to deal with in life than a few misunderstandings and harsh words said on a forum thread.

Please don’t leave any of my good and valued weight loss buddies and friends…..I want to keep on doing this with you. I want to have a well earned party in mid September, the 12 month mark and be wearing my size 10 dresses and sipping my bubbly with you all, knowing that it was YOU that helped get me to where I am.

THAT is my ultimate goal…..to reach it with all of you alongside me.

AliYiYi! I’m sorry for your upset, but whilst I can see both sides of this monumental misunderstanding. CG IS our ‘arbiter’. It’s her thread and she does her best to lead it well. Can we put it all to rest and call tomorrow a new day?

Gad! is it full moon or what? I’m for bed! GG you get back here! and save them from Bloody Wordsworth full throttle! I must not fall off the fence…. I must not fall off th…

Ooo! look! There’s Alice! Alice? Who’s Alice?…..Oops!…fekkin’ hole …Stop whining you fool, at least you’re shrinking…..

Hey, have been following your posts for some time & now had to register & say I absolutely love this thread & pls don’t change or give up – u r all inspirational ESP u countrygal!! Supporting u all, don’t leave go gal u r soo great..don’t b distracted from your ultimate goals

Good morning team, ready for your fast. You know YOU CAN DO IT, your AUSSIE DETERMINATION will kick in if times get tough but even then, you know how to handle it and move on. Weigh in tomorrow so keep that in the back of your mind when temptation tries your patience.
    Miss A thank you for your comments and please join us, our passion got in the way yesterday of our goal we are a great team, one I’m very proud of, every member contributes to keeping us all going in a positive way.
    GG, I do hope you feel better this morning, you are one of our founding members, you bring a ray of sunshine with you. No one is blaming anyone for our debarcle yesterday or especially you when doing your best to appease the the situation.
    It is over, no more to be said, we are AUSSIE DETERMINATION and will go full steam ahead to our goals and WOL..an just lovin’ it! Have a great day team, don’t sweat the small stuff, YOU ARE NOT ALONE and YOU CAN DO IT….. CG. 🙂 xxx

Good Morning everyone,

Thank god its finally stopped raining in Sydney.

Weighed in this morning at Curves and down 800gs so in 2 weeks I am now down 5.3kg.

Hope you all have a lovely day:)

[post removed]

Good morning all

I love the thread on this forum full of encouragement and advice.
    I feel like I report in my triumphs and not so.
    Please don’t let a few comments change this.

Please keep it going as it was.

Fasting today at home, will put roast lamb in slow cooker for tonight and make pumpkin soup in thermie for lunch. Will skip brekky today just have lunch a bit earlier.

Keep on keeping on.

Bali

GG.
    I am sorry for what a few select people have said.

We started this journey together our group and I have enjoyed your input.

Please don’t leave over comments, that are not really helpful to our cause

Enough said.

Have a great day everyone.

Very sad that u r leaving GG as I so enjoy your posts, I hope u might reconsider as u have contributed so much to this thread. This wld normally b a fast day for me but I have done b2b tues & wed as I have people staying the next few nights. I have lost 5 kg & wld like to lose another 3. Good fasting & a good weekend

GG beautifully said, all with heart, please don’t leave us, we all so enjoy your input. If you take a few days to get over it all we understand. It’s because of your passion and loyalty to AUSSIE DETERMINATION that it has hit you hard, totally understandable. NO MORE COMMENTS will be made regarding the upset, it is in the past, the bruises will fade, life moves on. Our goal, our weight loss, our well being is paramount to us all and it’s our AUSSIE DETERMINATION that gets us there. We have become friends, a family as such, and no family goes unscathed with out upset usually. We just hit a few pot holes on our journey of 5:2 but the road is clear ahead, so enjoy the journey, even if we sight see or full throttle, what ever gets you to your goal and more.
    Think happy thought team, what’s on your agenda today? Usually no brekkie for me, possibly no lunch, if so pretty late in the day, and chicken breast and salad/veg for dinner depending on our fickle weather….have a lovely day team, smile, it not only masks a lot but back fires and makes you feel good….CG 😆 xxxx

Mgreally, what a star, you are doing so well, congratulations, MissA full steam ahead, the beauty of this way of life is the ease-ability to change fasting days to fit in with your life style.
    GG is too passionate about our AUSSIE DETERMINATION to leave us, she loves you all and the battles we all have with winning the battle of the bulge. I’m sure she will be back with us before too long, she is TOO much apart of our team to let a few unjust comments beat her. She knows we all love her, how much we enjoy her sunny posts and advise. I have contacted her in the hope of wooing her back, but healing need time, so lets give her that.
    We are all True Blues, all true Aussies and love our thread as Aussies. If any member feels the need to go elsewhere, join another thread, do so with our blessings. We are a happy team, full of encouragement and positive vibes to let a few cause discord.
    Enough said, another trying day is over, we soldier on in true AUSSIE form, enjoy your day team…CG xxx

Good morning everyone! After a hot awful day, the rain came and washed everything clean and fresh…..so let it be for us all on AUSSIE DETERMINATION!

GG we love you and hope to see you back here soon, your brightness will be missed while you take some time off xx

Mcgreally and MissA….what wonderful results so far, keep up the good work!

Hubby and I are both fasting today…his method is no breakfast, then nothing but a boost juice for lunch, then we have more cals for dinner. I’m going to make the mushroom stroganoff and add some chicken breast…..looking forward to it already yum 🙂

Have a great day everyone and take care xxx

Just a bit of useful(less) trivia for you team. After shampooing my carpets the other day, had a late afternoon shower putting on clean clothes. When getting ready for bed noticed a dribble of oil on my clean top. Next morning put the “clean” top back on and noticed the oil spot. Being in the ensuite the only thing on hand was make up cleansing wipes. I scrubbed each side of the spot gently, by the time it dried, no oil stain. Coming down to the kitchen noticed a spot on the carpet I missed. Went back, got the cleansing wipes, no more stain on the carpet. As I said to my daughter, I don’t know what we are using on our faces but if they remove spots like that, maybe they remove wrinkles too!
    GG1, I’m making your minestrone today to carry me over the week end, I can taste it already, have a great day team…CG xx

FB…time to come home, our AUSSIE DETERMINATION needs you. The stress and nerves you must be going through with the hospital visit and the op coming up is so very understandable. I miss your inspiring posts and happy stories. Please come home to us, we will welcome you with open arms. No harm has been done rest assured. Also need to hear how the meeting with family goes and the shocked expressions at skinny you….cuddles to you…CG 🙂 xx

Hi all, started out FD with an hour of exercise and lemon/green tea. Boiled egg and green salad for lunch, miso soup and piece of fruit later. Thinking can of fish for dinner.

No more fooling around from me. So sorry if any of my comments fanned fires or hurt anyone’s feelings yesterday. I’m goin’ straight (truly…).

This is not a speakeasy or poet’s platform. Sorry if I turned it into one. The main event is more important than personalities. Don’t know about you, but my life depends on losing lard! There are soo many charlatans out there trying to make a buck off gullible, desperate obesity and not giving a damn about the truth of their claims or the people they fleece. Even weight watcher’s is more business than heart. This forum is free and trustable advice from caring people like CG and GG and others who made the hard yards through personal endeavour. They have enough generosity to share and encourage others to at least try! People who do their best work for nothing. They are not sue-able, nor shall they fade. In the dress shops and on scales,in the mirror and the wardrobe, WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM!

Hmmm, I may need to take a day or two off line to get my serious wrinkles in order….Difficult when I’m so damn happy with my personal loss! Yep, definitely taking a hike….Fekkin’ rabbit……

Have a good day all. Gypsy

Gypsy, your a gem, thank you for the support, there are times when your damned if you do and damned if you don’t Do you let things settle or jump on board? This has always been a friendly caring thread, full of encouragement for all. Two of our finest members have resigned, I’m hoping when feelings settle they will return. I have contacted one and unable to reach the other. We have been fortunate with their wisdom and humour, the same struggles as us all and of course their input. I am only one person but cherish the friendships which have grown on 5:2 and the ongoing relationships. It’s human to have flare up’s, people do it in their own homes, say things they regret, but in a short time, it’s all over and life goes on. That is all we can wish for. I can’t keep trying if people are not interested. Out Aussie Determination has proven to help so many people with encouragement, suggestions recipes or whatever. We are an open forum and welcome anyone wishing to Join our journey with this life style, this healthy life style. And Gypsy for you;

Two men looked out of prison bars,
    One saw the mud
    The other the stars.

CG xxx

Yes Fatbuster, you great little person you…..come back! WE, and personally I need your support, you and I had similar starting weights and weight to lose and have met some milestones together, so I’m really hoping you are OK and will soon be with us again xx

Gypsy…..don’t change a thing, love your interesting posts and insights!

CG…..you are a treasure and I value your constant support to us all, as well as your friendship.

WE CAN DO THIS 🙂

Just finished making GG1’s minestrone soup, absolutely beautiful, well worth a try. The only difference I made was add a 1/4 cup frozen corn and about the same with frozen peas, bot taking up room in the freezer. Thank you GG1 for sharing it with us.
    So a change of menu for me, it will be tonights dinner. Try it team you will be glad you did. Don’t forget to freeze portion sizes for later use especially when your family is having something you can’t on fast days…CG xx

Foxy thank you for not only your lovely post but your support, we all need each other, our 5:2 journey is so much nicer and easier when you’re not doing it alone….CG xx

Hi all, joining in late today as it’s been a busy day.
    I can only reiterate what most of you have said. This is my third week of 5:2 & you’ve all been so supportive and helpful. It will be sad to see you leave us. We are all capable of lashing out and saying things we later regret. Let’s just all take a deep breath and move on. I so enjoy this thread.
    From the old but I hope wise dog.

Close on dinner time team, the hard yards are over for the day, be bed time soon then…yahooo weigh in time, no matter what the scales say, you know your body is so much better off, it’s had the cleansing, repair, and rest time. BUT it’s nice when they are lower than last week, who am I trying to kid? Hehehe!…have a great evening all…CG xxx

Another FAST DAY nearly done……BE STRONG GUYS.

Thanks CG for your encouragement, I look forward to our TEAM being reunited to once more being OUR BIG Lovely family of 5:2.

Welcome MissA what huge results you are having!Thanks for your inspiring posts.

I had a very hard workout in the garden this morning. I finished just as the storm started.I was so tired that I ended up curling up in the chair and falling asleep to the sound of thunder and lightening. Just woke up now.

Well that’s one way to distract myself on FAST DAY! Can’t wait for dinner.Salad and eggs. Still very muggy here so LOTS of Fluids today!

Weigh in tomorrow! How did your FAST go? THIS IS DOABLE…SO LETS DO IT!

Countrygal,

Great tip on the cleansing wipes. It occurs to me that a couple in a plastic bag in my handbag for eating out occasions could be a great emergency repair kit. Not that I’m a messy eater or anything… 🙂

HappyNow, great idea, did’t think of that but Murphy’s Law I guess, when all dressed up, and well, dribble! It’s wonderful how “inventions” come out of necessity. I hope you have the same luck as I did….CG xxx

Hi All, I wasn’t well yesterday, must have posted too close to Andrew!! 🙂 so that was a FD for me. I didn’t think I could cope with b2b so Ill do one tomorrow instead of today. I did lose a little this week but haven’t got the stats with me. Hope all those who were fasting today did well.

Well another fast day done and dusted. Went all day on just a vegie juice…..wasn’t hungry at all! Was very hot here today, so took Chester to the dog beach for a swim and a walk…..poor little bugger I made him go in with me….he’s not that fussed on the beach when there’s waves! Sat down for a while to enjoy the cool breeze and met a nice lady, we got talking about weight and I passed on the 5:2 mantra and WOL..

Made the mushroom stroganoff for dinner…..the flavours were really beautiful, but I didn’t have any non-dairy yoghurt so just used my regular one….and it split…does it go creamy with non-dairy yoghurt? Anyway I served with 100 grams of grilled chicken breast and it was so filling! Thanks for a great recipe..

Am hopeful of a small loss tomorrow, bring it on 🙂

Hehe….I use Calorie King to work out my calories on fast days…..both mine and hubbies combined calories today were 998! We both went a bit under today 🙂

Oh, well done Foxy, hope it shows on your scales tomorrow…for you both, have a lovely evening …out west! …CG xxx

Hello all.. Sorry to see that stuff has gone down here that has upset some people, i hope that all the regulars stay on.. GG esp, you have given a lot to the forum and i hope you feel like you can post here and know you are amongst friends.
    Generally speaking, The problem with the net is that sometimes tone and intonnation dont come across as the sender intended, and i guess we all need to be mindful of that, but remember that ultimately we are all here cos we are doing 5:2, we are Aussies (not exclusively though) and we are determined.
    I am not having big weight losses, but i am not giving up, and it is both encouraging and sometimes i have to admit, a little dishearteneing that i havent lost as much as some… But i am probably not as diligent, or commited or something.
    I did the mon and thurs fast this week, so i might join in on weigh in day tommorow..
    Tonights menu… Kangaroo on a bed of cauliflower rice and peas, with roast pumpkin and a mushroom sauce made with water and lite philly.
    CG sometimes i wonder what they put in some of these cleaning products, but i am also glad we dont have to use quite as much elbow grease as in days gone by!
    Take care everyone, and stay positive and determined 🙂

Foxy.. In the recipe for mushie strog i saw, she used light creme fraiche.. Which is definitely a dairy product.. So maybe yoghurt will split when heated but creme fraiche or sour cream doesnt.. The philly i use doesnt split. Maybe cow yoghurt splits cos it has been fermented already or cos of the culture used to make it.. Mm inquiring minds need to know.. Lol

Hi Robbie, I’m still up watching the tennis (I’m almost playing it in my sleep I think, I’m so tired lately) don’t worry about your loss and the speed of it. We all lose at different paces. I plateaued for weeks on end as has others when a lot of members were loosing. I’m not sure of the answer except mixing things up a bit. Some diet suggest a “pig out” once a week to boost the metabolism, maybe changing exercise routines, or fast day meals, but what ever you are doing, you are doing well. It is a long journey, it is a life style, it can get frustrating knowing your doing all you can but see no rewards on the scales. Don’t give up, I started counting calories on June 1 last year, so been watching what I eat for that long. It will happen for you for sure, hang in there girl, YOU CAN DO IT, you are working so hard, the rewards will come. Enjoy your evening…CG 🙂 xx

Thanks CG, you’re a gem.. I am not giving up, the weight i have lost so far, about 5kg has been effortless… So i can’t complain and am glad i have taken up the 5:2.
    I’m only in the first set… To use a tennis term 😉

Oh dear, what’s going on here? I was checking back in for a question about the mushroom stroganoff and I find that there’s been turmoil. Can someone catch me up real quick? I hope peace returns to our cosy little hobbit house of a thread soon because I’d be very upset not to be able to come here anymore.

And to get back to the stroganoff. Has everyone made it with the dried porcini? Because I’m attempting it with Chinese dried black fungi and I’m wondering if anyone else has done that yet?

Good morning everyone

Happy weigh in day down 500 grams this week again. Happy with that have broken through that damn kilo that I have been taking off and putting on for the past three weeks.

Had day at home made pumpkin soup for lunch and put roast lamb in slow cooker so had that and some roast vegetables came in under the 500 which I have been just over for the past few weeks. I had the night off exercise feel a lot less stiff today so back into it later today.

Hope everyone has a great weigh in, will be checking in later today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Hi team, Robbie and Bali great news, it’s working. Haven’t weighed as yet, just up, late again with the tennis. FC, haven’t heard from you in a while. No, all’s good, situation solved, back to our happy team. All in the past. Looking ahead as always. Sounds a very interesting dish you are making, but sorry I can’t shed any light on your question. Will check in later with my weigh in, once the fuzz has gone and I wake…CG xxx

Morning team, again, showered and weighed in..79.5k last week…79.3 k this morning. I have one question, possibly you FC could answer as you have been on this journey the longest. This week, just through food choices,,no day was over 1000cals, actually between 800-1000cals. Not intentionally, just food choices, no appetite yesterday, which is handy on a fast, came in at 278cal, some fast days I can be quite ravenous or just have an easy day, dose having a low cal week speed up loss? Dose 500cals on a fast day during a low cal week make any difference. I’m really happy my plateau is gone, never thought it would end, so two more fasts to next weigh in.
    Have a great day team, Andrew, how are you going, has the long bout of gastro come to an end. Be interesting to see if it’s made any difference on the scales. Come on team give us your news, we are all waiting with interest.
    ….CG 🙂 xxx

Hi everybody – back again from my sojourn up to Qld for the brother in laws funeral. weighed in this morning and put on 100gm which in the scope of things is nothing. But the measurements are down a bit which is good. I think it because i have been sitting for the past three days either driving or at family meetings etc. I feel like I am stuck in the sitting position. Stayed with a lady who was very very insistant in feeding me and how does one say no sometimes. Had to be very strong and made good choices. Am fasting today and so far so good.

One thing I dont understand is if the measurements are down how come the weight isnt down as well. where is all that fat hiding in the body to be able to keep the weight but lose the centimetres?

Hi Ruxton and welcome back. That’s the big question! Where does it go?
    I filled my tracker in this morning after putting on a pair of 3/4 jeans. When summer was trying to start, I tried them on and had a 3″ (8cm I think) gap and no way of doing them up. Today they are sloppy around the waist.
    My loss by the tape measure is;

Bust…..14.9cm
    Waist….23.1cm
    Hip…….15.0
    Neck….. 5.9
    Total of 58.9 cm overall, wooohoooo!
    So Ruxton, the scales are not the only gauge, but where
    Does it go???
    Have a lovely day settling back in at home…. CG 🙂 xxx

CG, I feel that putting a bit of irregularity in my days helps me. Sometimes I stay very low cal all week, some week are less rigid and others a bit more. I feel playing around with the calories you have each day makes sure your body doesn’t go into a routine and adapts. Having a very lowcal week every once in a while can’t really hurt, I think, as long as you don’t start eating so little it becomes unhealthy. But technically, the less calories you eat, the more you should lose. About the calories on FDs, I haven’t had a FD over 400kcal in ages so I don’t know if I have any good tips on that. My Mondays are usually under 200 and my Thursdays I am to stay around 350. I always think, the more kcal I save on FDs, the more I get to splurge on RDs. With some rough calculations, it seems you consumed less than 800kcal/day this week. I don’t think that’s a problem for a week or so but I’m not sure you’re getting all the nutrients you need on that. It’s not that you’ll go into starvation mode (I believe it’s simcoeluv who has a very extensive knowledge on these boards about the myth of starvation mode) but make sure you don’t fall into another extreme. We don’t want you to be unhealthy and lack the nutrients you need. Or get into an unhealthy frame of mind. I’ve been on that balance a few times, it’s always good to come back to the normal side. But yeah, every once in a while a low cal week can def kickstart some more weight loss, I think. Given that you might suffer some temporary water weight when you go back to your normal eating pattern. I don’t know if that answered your question, it’s quite late here lol

I don’t think I’ll be hitting a new low this week, as I weighed 63.4 this morning, I’d have to magically drop 1.7kg by tomorrow to get there. I guess stranger things have happened to my weight before. I hope my walking and cycling have paid off a bit.

anyway, need to get some sleep, I’m going to need my 8hrs to sleep off that extra weight I’m carrying around lol. See you on the other side, all!

Wow 23 cm around the waist? That’s crazy impressive, CG! I’ve lost about the same (but less!)but in a much bigger time span. I had a waist of 83cm in August ’13 and now it’s about 64cm. Your loss is absolutely mind-boggling. Well done!

Good morning all! YES I have finally broken that 74 kg plateau for good! 73.3 this morning after my walk and before breakfast, so I’m taking it 🙂

For all of you out there despairing because of a plateau or chasing that same kilo up and down……don’t lose heart, remember your AUSSIE DETERMINATION because this has taken me a MONTH to shift! Mainly my own doing…..5:2 is not failing me, I am failing it with too many treats on non-fast days, naughty Kerry!
    So stats: Start Weight 83.6 Current Weight 73.3…..10.3 kg woo hoo!!

Forgot to put hubby’s stats: SW 8.6 CW 84.1…..so he’s lost 2.2 in one week!

Well done Robbie, Bali & CG…..you are all so encouraging and inspiring with your weight loss and your posts.

Great to hear from you FC…Flemmo….like CG says, we had a bit of a troubled time, and some members are having a break from AD, but we hope they will be back soon with us again because WE MISS THEM
    Ruxton….back into it today is the best things…..and well done for fighting off the feeder….they are so hard to say no to sometimes aren’t they…..giving food is their way of comfort. Hope it wasn’t too sad for you all and that you were able to celebrate you BILs life xx

Robbie….thanks for the philly tip for the stroganoff….I would usually use sour cream, but followed recipe for yoghurt to keep cals down…..but that Philly light is really low in cals I think so will use that next time
    Have a great day everyone 🙂

Hello me again….I shared a great low cal recipe for crunchy chips with CG yesterday, so thought I’d share it here.

1 large egg white (33g) = 16 cals
    100g potato (raw peeled weight) = 67 cals
    OR 150g potato (raw peeled weight) = 101 cals

Put peeled whole potato/s into pot, cover with boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry on paper towels, cool slightly. Beat egg white until it just goes white and frothy. Cut potato/s into chips/batons, dip each one into egg white, shaking off excess. Place onto a baking tray, lined with baking paper or lightly oiled. Season with salt & pepper. Bake for around 20 – 25 minutes on 200 degrees C, turning once. They turn out nice and crunchy and like they are in a batter. Serves 1.
    It’s probably less cals than above as you wouldn’t use all the egg white for just that amount of spuds, original recipe uses 250 grams.

Enjoy 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 2,451 through 2,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.