Would 6/1 work ok for low weight loss?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Would 6/1 work ok for low weight loss?

This topic contains -4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nirvanistka 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hey all! I am 125 lbs and looking to lose 5-7 lbs. I have been trying through some exercise but its quite stubborn and had no luck for the past year. So I decided to be more intentional about it and am going to try 6/1, fasting one day a week. Would it work? Or is it too short of a period to lose any weight? Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Hi @taysic,

It might be best to do 5:2 for 2-3 weeks to get rid of those pounds, then follow 6:1 as a way of maintaining and reaping the health benefits of fasting.

Good luck!!

Taysic, as long as you don’t overeat on the 6 NFDs you will lose weight. The question is whether it will be at a rate you can accept. It’s likely to take many weeks/months to lose 7 pounds on 6:1.
    Losing weight is about the calorie deficit. To lose one pound you need to consume approx 3500 calories below your needs.
    I’d suggest you use this calculator to estimate you daily calorie needs https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/ and then work out what your rate of weight loss would be by fasting one day a week.
    (For example if you are fasting on 500 calories and your TDEE is 2000 calories it will take you just over 2 weeks to lose each pound.)
    It’s up to you whether that pace of weight loss is ok. If not, then consider doing 5:2.

I think it’s varies from person to person,
    I – for example doing currently 3:4 Diet and I only lose 0.5Kg (1lbs) a week even though that I’m doing it perfect – not eating too much on non fasting days, and when I fast I do not eat more than 450-500 calories (I’m a male), I think to get motivate and to give yourself a push for beginning start with 5:2 and then switch to 1:6,
    but be aware that 1:6 use for maintenance(!)…

Hi, 6/1 is perfect for all people who want to lose weight. However, if you want to lose weight quickly, then in your place, I would still run for 1 hour in the morning on an empty stomach. Then in a week, you could lose weight, not even by 5-7 pounds, but by 8-10. Remember that you need to drink a lot of water and eat more vegetables.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.