Will I lose weight (I am 133kg ?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Will I lose weight (I am 133kg ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lizzypopbottle 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve been slowly getting into working out but i need help starting, first some info about myself:
    I’m 30 years old and weight 133kg
    I usually have around more then 3 meals,
    I drink alot of chocolate drinks ( chocolate powder with milk )and alot bread with butter and chocolate)
    I dont know where to start really….. After a age 17 I have been being overweight..and i was getting married age 20 and have a 4 kids…… I had tried many diets and programs with vary degrees of success then after having children,it gets to hard to work out but before i had my youngest son I had regained everything –, the faster the weight was going on and the harder it was to lose it so the quicker I’d give up on the latest herbalife diet.I lost about 20kg in THE FIRST 6 months… when I was having the herbalife shakes I felt weak, depressed, angry with me because I couldn’t eat what I want. Obviously, I quit the shakes and then when I started eating normally, in less than a 3 months I gain all the weight back,……
    Some of the things I tried: Diet shakes, Weight Watchers (total x23 memberships!), Gloria Marshall, Fit for Life,Herbalife, Easy Slim
    non of it has been working for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so i really want to lost this weight for a normal and healthy this time..
    I want to lose body fat / gain muscle, get better cardio and eat better,,

I dont know what to eat and whats good/bad and how much to eat. I dont know any good exircises to do.at the gym or at home beaouse i am mum of 4,,,,
    Exercises must be done at home/outside. The only “gear” i have at home is one of those cross trainer…

What i need help with is whats good/bad to eat, when / how much to eat, good exercises to do at home, what to expect and maybe some general tips,
    Thanks alot;)

Hi Layla

It sounds as if 5:2 might be just what you’re looking for. It’s a way of life rather than a ‘diet’. How old are your children? If they are all at school you’ll find fasting a lot easier but if not, you can still achieve it. What you have to do is really believe that you can limit your calories to 500 on two days a week. If you convince yourself of that, you are on your way to achieving weight loss. First thing to do is to cut down or cut out the bread, butter and chocolate and replace it perhaps with fresh raw vegetables and fruit! It doesn’t sound very inspiring but it really makes you feel good.

On my fasting days I wait as long as I can before I eat anything. I have hot drinks with a small amount of milk and I distract myself by walking the dog, reading, meeting friends etc. If you go to work it’s even easier to distract yourself from thinking about food. I’ve found the suggestions in the Fast Diet book and the Fast Beach Diet book really helpful and there’s information on how to get started right here on this website. One recipe I modify for a late lunch is to make a coleslaw with white cabbage, grated carrot and sliced red onion. I mix in a teaspoonful of mayonnaise (no more than that) and add a chopped boiled egg. That’s about 150 cals and is very filling and sustaining. Don’t make the mistake of using bought coleslaw. It’s far too high in calories.

Some people find it easier on fasting days to eat a sustaining breakfast e.g. porridge oats and an evening meal perhaps from one of the recipes in the books. There are loads of recipes on these forums and many people who’ve had success with this way of eating. Why not explore the forum threads to get the tips you need?

On your non-fasting days be mindful of what you eat. Cut out that bread and butter!

Good luck! lpb

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.