Whoosh! Does anyone else find this?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Whoosh! Does anyone else find this?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan1965 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I see a lot of people on these forums say that they always weigh themselves after their second fast day as that’s when they’re at the their lightest.

However I have not found that. I tend to find that after the hard work of a fast, I wake up the next day, excited to jump on the scales, only to find my weight is the same as the week before or at the very least, higher than I expected.

BUT the NEXT morning, after a day of normal, sensible eating, I find I get a “whoosh” effect where I will suddenly see a big drop on the scales, sometimes as much as 1.5kg (this usually evens out over the weekend, as my average weekly loss is around 700g.

Does anyone else find their weight loss works like this? And any idea why? Of course I’m not complaining…just curious!

Hi, I’ve no idea of the biological reason, but I have to agree. I reckon the body takes time to to repair and perhaps adjust properly. The closest thing I can think of is when I’ve had a heavy night :), the day after my body looks the same, but the day after I’m bloated (and lethargic). I think biologically our bodies are complex based on millennia of evolution, which is also why 5:2 works. I certainly feel mentally sharper – particularly on fast days. The heavy nights still happen, but I always have a fast day to look forward to. Best of luck Polly x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.