who is with me !

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• hello evryone tomorrow is going to be my first day of the fast diet and i dont know what to eat for breakfast and dinner if anyone one has any good recipies for me then thank you very much.

I am also wandering how do you cope when the hunger hits

We’re all with you Blackburn!
    Welcome to the forum you will find lots of ‘fasters’ happy to share advise and experiences with you – so no need to concern yourself too much as we have all been filled with trepidation at the thought of fasting.
    When I started about a year ago, I split my 500cals between porridge for breakfast (the sort you buy in packets and made with water)then salad leaves, cherry tomatos and either chicken or salmon at about 6pm. Then if I felt hunger pangs or rumbling I filled up with water, herbal teas and coffee (with a splash of milk).
    I found and still do, that keeping busy is key to forgetting food. Remember if you get the urge to eat biscuits/cake/chocolate/insert your want here, you just tell yourself you can have it tomorrow then drink a glass of water which will take the edge off your cravings.
    Think ‘normal days’ not ‘feast days’ as for a regular weight loss you still need to be aware of what you are eating and portion sizes. Some people count calories too on normal days but I haven’t often and my appetite seems to have subsided over the months. After a couple of weeks fasting I felt as if something had been switched off and food was no longer controlling me – I was in control again.
    Good luck I am sure you will find lots to read and fasting friends to inspire you. 🙂

Tons of water and tea help! Chewing gum, sugar free can help.

I eat nothing during the day, but have all of my calories for dinner. Also logging my food on myfitnesspal helps for counting calories.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Thanks for the advise everyone!! it has helped alot and good luck to yous 🙂

I had a really lovely dinner last night. I grilled 2 slices of back bacon whilst frying half a red onion with fry light. When the bacon was just about done I cut it in with the onion and added 100g green beans and a clove of garlic. I fried this for a little while so the green beans cooked. The rest of the family were having pasta with sausages and I threw 50g of cooked pasta in, added a good squeeze of lemon and served it up. I estimated it as being around 215cals
    The onion was all caramelised so flavoured everything beautifully and the bacon gave it a little salty kick. The lemon works well.
    Wonderful since a 200cal lunch felt a long time ago.

I am just on my second week and I am enjoying it. I have 35lbs to lose. I don’t eat breakfast but have a lunch and a dinner. I am picking Tues and Thurs as they are busy days at work. Yesterday turned out to be quieter than expected and I was missing food by teatime.
    Good luck with your plans.

waistintime: “I estimated it as being around 215cals”

Depending on the type of bacon you have already exceeded that with just two bacon slices. Two rashers of Tesco’s smoked thick cut back bacon weigh in at 255 kcal, others are between 150 and 180 kcal for two slices. Add 50 gr of cooked pasta at 60 to 140 kcal depending on type and the green beans. Your meal could be anything between 240 and 420 kcal. Oh, I forgot the onion and the frying oil…

My tip: don’t estimate. Weigh and log, so you know exactly what you are doing.

Use myfitnesspal to log your food and weigh it with a kitchen scale. It is extremely easy to underestimate calories and portion sizes.
    Brutal truth is: if you do not lose weight, you very likely overeat. I had to learn this the hard way…once I started doing the above…boy was I in for a surprise…
    Stef.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.