Where's my motivation gone?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Where's my motivation gone?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone, I have just joined online, but have been following the 5:2 since early July. From the 6th July to 22nd August, I lost 14lb. I was so “on it” but since my birthday on the 24th August, I can’t seem to get back into it. I go on holiday next week & am nowhere near where I wanted to be. How does everyone get their motivation back? x

Hi Roses,

Congratulations on the weight you lost. Sorry to hear you’ve lost your way!

I can’t really answer your question ‘how does everyone get their motivation back?’, because I didn’t lose my motivation. Intermittent fasting made sense to me, I felt great each fast day and the day after, and the results kept me motivated. I’ve been below my goal weight since April 2014 and enjoy being slim each and every day. After a lifetime of being chubby more often than not, I’m not taking this for granted! As someone who walks, runs and cycles, I’ve really noticed the difference being 30lbs lighter makes. Less strain on knees and joints, hill climbing considerably easier, and no fat jiggling up and down when I run. And I’m not embarrassed to be seen in public in lycra 🙂

It’s hard to give you any advice because you haven’t told us very much about yourself. Do you have a lot to lose? Why do you think you aren’t motivated anymore?

Hi HappyNow, thank you for your reply. Congrats on feeling great & staying where you want to be. I have very recently hit peri menopause, which really hasn’t helped & is probably the main reason for losing my motivation. I do still have about 21lbs to go. I have a personal trainer three times a week (not sure where I’d be without him!). My husband is extremely supportive & also likes to stay healthy so really unsure why I can’t seem to get back on track

Hi Roses,

Maybe you’ve hit the nail on the head with peri menopause? I’m not quite there (I think!), so can’t really help, but maybe some of the ladies on the mid-fifties or ladies of a certain age threads might be able to help you out. Good luck with getting your mojo back!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.