When will I lose weight!?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
When will I lose weight!?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Poptastic 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am 28 and not significantly overweight, I fluctuate around 11 stone and am 5ft 8 tall. I’ve been on the fast diet for 5 weeks now and seemed to lose around 1lb per week in the first few weeks but now back up 4lbs so am actually heavier than when I started!

I eat 500 cals on fast days and on normal days between 1600-2100 (I am very active and my TDEE came out as 2200)

I’m prepared for some fluctuation and I know that weight loss is rarely consistent or linear but was expecting better results by week 5 than being back above where I started from! Any tips? Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Poptastic,

Apologies for the spammer above!

Have you been measuring yourself & are you loosing inches? If the answer is yes then perhaps you are gaining muscle & losing fat so becoming heavier.

If the answer is no, then the TDEE is a guide but can sometimes over or underestimate. If you are definitely going below your true TDEE then you will lose weight. It is simple as that. So I would advise reducing your calorie intake on non-fast days if it is not the case that you are simply gaining muscle.

My weight is currently static – I am on 3.5 weeks, lost 8 lbs very rapidly initially, have kept it off, the scales have been static for maybe 2 weeks? (I will weigh tomorrow) but my measurements continue to decrease. I also do not have a lot of weight to lose, am 28 & my BMI is in the normal range so it is purely a few ‘vanity pounds’. I have added in an extra fasting day here & there (i.e. some 4:3 weeks) which seems to help.

Best of luck with it 🙂

Hi luckylucy, thanks for your reply 🙂

Actually after I posted I realised that I had weighed myself on different scales to usual. I weighed myself on the usual scales at the gym and weight was down 5lbs so was still losing after all – and after your advice I also measured my waist which was actually at my target already (although a way off still on hips, etc!) So happy days, the diet does work after all!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.