What to expect?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cinnabon21 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi all! I’m new to this so quite curious as to what I should expect with this diet/lifestyle..

I am 150cm tall (short I know but I’m young so there’s time yet haha) and weigh approx 125 pounds. My bmi is 25 and I would prefer it to be 18. I also have some health issues like asthma and pcos.

I love sweet sugary foods and have one coffee a day (with two sugars!) I crave something sweet most days and I comfort eat when sad so worried I won’t be able to fast without having mad cravings and getting moody?!

would like to know how much weight I’d be expected to lose each week as I already have quite a lot to lose (aiming to weigh about 105-110 pounds) so I’m not slim starting out..

also, I don’t go to the gym or do sports but am willing to take up doing a 30 minute walk every evening to get more exercise into my lifestyle. I’m also hoping to avoid sugary foods and crisps etc.

if anyone knows how much weight I might lose after a month it would help a lot!! and if anyone has any advice for me for staying motivated or fast day meal ideas they would be much appreciated!! 🙂

thanks to anyone who reads this and replies and best of luck to everyone 🙂

Hi cinnabon and welcome:

Given your height and weight you might expect to lose about a half a pound to a pound a week on average. You might lose a bit more at the start but that will go down after a week or two.

If you read the main post and links on this thread you will have a good idea of what to expect: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

thank you so much! really appreciate it 🙂

Hi cinnabon, I haven’t been doing this for long, but found that fast days aren’t so bad. I found that what works best for me is a bigger meal consisting of lots of vegetables and a protein (I’ve had salmon, steak, and shrimps so far) at noon and a vegetable soup (homemade cream of tomato soup, for instance). I started out with cream in my tea for breakfast, but have stopped having any food at all before noon because I read that the benefits of fasting are greater the longer you don’t eat.
    I have the impression that the body somehow gets used to fasting, I am not really that hungry on fast days; some people have a headache and say that drinking some salty broth helps. Try out what works for you.
    It seems you love sugary stuff, I would try to cut back on that and see if you experience less craving for sweets, sugary tea and so on. It seems that in many people, refined carbohydrates can exacerbate cravings.

Good luck, you’ll do fine!

I’m about 2 inches taller than you are and weighed in today at 128…that’s down about 1.5 pounds in my first week. I’m hoping to get to 118 – 120.

As you probably know, getting off sugar is one of the best things you can do to manage PCOS. I’m on a fast day today — my 3rd one. I had an egg this morning…fried in a non stick pan. For lunch, I had a cup of Trader Joe’s Miso Ginger broth with a package of enoki mushrooms. I upped the flavor with some fresh grated ginger.

I’m saving an apple for a snack, if I need one.

For dinner, I’m having a dozen little clams steamed with garlic, tomatoes and bit of the miso, with a small salad on the side.

I agree with Austrian that I find I’m not that hungry…and I also find I’m less inclined to look for food on non fast days. One thing that may help you with the sugar is to go for good fats on non fast days.

Good luck!

Still getting the hang of this website and not sure how to reply but I hope you see this Austrian and K- Lo! Thank you both for your advice, opinions and help! I really appreciate it and I’m feeling quite motivated to start this diet and I’m hoping to stick to it haha 🙂 good luck to both of you 🙂 xx

I’m wondering how old you are if you still expect to grow. This diet isn’t recommended for anyone under 18.

With that aside, given your sugar addiction, I would suggest staying away from added sugars on fast days. It tends to make most people hungry. Lean protein and vegetables are a good way to go on fast days.

MaryAnn I appreciate your advice and concern but unless you are more qualified than my doctor and in a position to give me medical advice Id like my age to remain private. thank you for the nutrition recommendations

Hi cinnabon,
    I remember the time when I have cream and 2 spoons of sugar with my coffee. Then one of my friend told me to reduce the sugar in my coffee gradually – 1.5 tspoons instead of 2. Then more. Now I drink my coffee without any sugar. One time I accidentally sipped my husbands coffee, and it was too sweet for me. 🙂 Good luck!

Thank you so much for the personal experience it’s very motivating to see other people achieve such great things 🙂 I will try to reduce to one sugar (gradually) 🙂 thank you and best of luck with your lifestyle!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.