What results can I expect month 1???

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
What results can I expect month 1???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hammy 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I just found out about this 5:2 fast a few days ago and am excited about the benefits and weight loss it provides. I’m wondering what kind of results I can expect to see during the first month? I have lost 10lbs through dieting and exercise this year and have hit a major plateau. I’d still like to lose another 15-20 lbs. Any feedback would be great about the results you had. (I have a vacation to Jamaica next month so any extra tips to lose more weight or inches would be greatly appreciated.)

My current workouts consist of cardio every other day, HIIT on days not doing cardio, lunges, squats, TurboFire Abs, and I lift weights 2-3 days a week.

Hi Cadaters I’ve been doing 5:2 for 30 days now&have lost 10lbs. I know everyone is different but It seems to be agreeing with me. I only wish Id listened to my asthma nurse when she told me about it mid Dec! I walk 5 miles every day. I don’t do HIIT but on days Im not out I run on the spot to do my 5 miles. Good luck.

I lost 5lbs in the first week (probably all water) and lost another 5 over the next 6 weeks. However, for me anyway (female and over 40) the weight came off, went on, came off, went on, stayed the same and so on. I find if it doesn’t come off, unlike other diets when sometimes you get double the loss the following week, that doesn’t happen with this. It just slowly resumes again.

Anyway, the general direction is downwards for me. I’m adding in a 3rd fast day for the next month (wedding to go to) as despite this being a plan I can stick to, I’d like to lose a little more weight a little more quickly if at all possible.

hoping you have read the book and alot of the threads–this Way of Eating (WOE) is not a rapid weight loss programme but slow and steady with big health benefits. The point is to set realistic targets. I say this because let’s say you dont reach your targets and then blame Michael’s programme where in fact the problem lies in having quick weight loss as a goal.

Yeah but men seem to lose rapidly on this, anecdotally anyway

I am a 49yr old man. Been doing 5:2 for almost 4 months. I have lost 15lbs and it feels great. I have plataeud a bit but my body is used to it and if I can only manage 1 fast day in a week, I still stay at the same weight. Its worth persevering with. It’s the easiest way I’ve ever lost and maintained my weight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.