What Changes Are You Making

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
What Changes Are You Making

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi Guys,
    I watched the Horizon programme the other day and started the 5:2 diet Monday and really need to lose about 3 stone of belly/mid section fat that i carry and wondered if anyone else on here that is trying to lose weight has also adjusted their diet on the non-fast days??
    Has anyone gone sensible on them days and lost a lot of weight and have others stuck to their old eating habits and only changed for the fasting days?? would be great to hear both sides to see how people have got on, as i am trying to be sensible on the non-fast days but don’t want to do to much as i want to see this as a life-style change rather than a diet (which i have tried them all)

Hey there.

Yes on non fast days I have altered my diet to much more healthier options and smaller portions. Beginning with a five day fast and completing a 4:3 approach the weight has fallen off and I have lost one stone. Feeling very refreshed and alert also.

Hope that helps you.

Hi Bgatty
    The first thing to do is weigh and measure yourself (your waist in particular) then find your TDEE here
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    On fast days stick with 500 calories for a couple of weeks, and on NORMAL days(they’re not feast days) eat somewhere between your BMR and TDEE
    You will find after a few weeks your appetite changes and you will automatically switch to smaller portions and healthier food choices. Having said that the point of 5:2 is the five days are normal eating and two days fasting, but with me it was as if a switch had come on and my body started to get control again.
    Remember this is not a fast (speedy) diet but a way of life with fast days.
    Look around the forum there are loads of tips and information, and also a lot of fasters who will support you.
    Good luck

Cheers Ian and Lyndy all good advice and i am going to look at the link you posted. I do agree about this being a life style change and not a diet, which is what i wanted. One more question i have noticed that some people talk about “The Fast Diet” and some people then say after that they go back to the normal 5:2 diet what is the fast diet??

The Fast Diet is the book written by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer, based on 5 days normal eating and 2 days fasting.
    The word ‘fast’ does not mean ‘speedy’ but days of fasting.
    You will also hear about 4:3 (three days fasting), IF – intermittent fasting, 16:8 – an 8 hour window for restricted calorie eating and many other forms of changing the way we eat.

Cheers Lindyw thanks for clearing that up.

Hi bgatty and welcome:

This might have information that will help you sort it all out: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.