Weight spikes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  malidog 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi there!

Is anyone else experiencing big spikes in their weight? As in on Friday I weighed 67.1kg (148lbs) after gradually losing small amounts to get to this and today I suddenly weigh 68.4kg (151lbs). This has happened a number of times to me and I can’t seem to find any pattern or cause. I know that the weight will (hopefully) disappear again soon, but I find it really demoralising to be so close to the 66s and to suddenly be back in the mid 68s again when I have been following the plan so closely!

It’s water weight. The more carbs you eat (including alcohol on non fast days), the more water you store. Simcoeluv explains it very well.

Thing is to just keep doing your two days a week and it will work overall. Keep the faith….even if you are affected by water weight. The other health benefits are superb. And the weight loss will happen..bearing in mind this is not a fast weight loss program.

Easy, easy catchee monkey.

Good luck

Thanks Expat! I had spaghetti bolognaise and a lovely glass of red the night before, so I guess that’s where that came from. The extra weight is almost all gone today, thankfully. I am surprised that water weight can account for such a big spike in my weight! I will remember to only weigh myself on days when I have not eaten a carb-heavy meal the night before!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.