Weight Plateau

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone, so ! I’ve been on this journey for some months now and have managed a total loss of 51 pounds, although this for me is great I’ve hit a plateau !! It’s been 5 weeks and the weight has just stopped moving.
    I’m still following all my protocols but it’s proving hard to stay motivated! Does anyone have any advice or experienced similar ?
    Thank you and good luck everyone on your journeys .

Plateaus of several weeks are not unusual but there are a couple of things you can try.

Have you re-calculated your TDEE?
    If not you need to do so as a lighter body needs less calories.

The other thing you can do is take a look at what you eat and try cutting out as much in the way of sugar/carbs such as rice, potatoes, bread etc which might help get the weight moving again.

Good luck.

Hi Amazon, and thank you for your reply.
    Yes I’ve recalculated but the body seems to be being very stubborn at the moment !
    I’m going to try and be a lot more careful with my sugar and carbs and see how that goes.
    I’ve also read today that a short burst of say 7 days at maintenance calorie intake and then returning to the fast plan can help.
    I’m not sure though ! A complete break may be hard to recover from although it may raise my metabolic rate.
    Fingers crossed .

Your metabolic rate is “the rate of energy expenditure per unit time” ie the speed at which your body uses energy. Eating more is not going to speed it up.
    There is far too much false information out there regarding increasing metabolism.

Stick with what you are doing and keep an eye on the carbs and sugar. You’ve lost a lot of weight and you don’t want to fall off the wagon when you’ve come so far.

What worked for me was doing B2B fast days for one week. I think I added an extra FD that week. It was the one thing that seemed to work with long plateaus.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.