Weight Loss Reversal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been on the 5:2 diet for about six months. I lost about 25lbs over the first four and a half months, but since then the weight loss has not only stopped but is reversing itself. I don’t think I’m eating any more in my non-fast days, and yet, I’ve put back on about 8lbs. Has anyone else had this experience? How did you regain the weight loss trend? Do I need to take a break from the diet to let it regain its effectiveness?

Hello,
    I suspect that you have not been reducing your TDEE(the link is on this page) as your weight has reduced.It is not just quantity but some food is considerably more calorie dense than others.

I suggest that you see what your TDEE is at your current weight and count the calories for a week just to see what you are actually consuming and don’t forget to include any drinks!

Although you can eat what ever you want on the 5:2, that doesn’t mean as much as you want.

You may be right. I haven’t been exercising nearly as much since the weather got colder. It might not be a diet issue at all.

If you eat x2 mince pies=1 days calories for a woman on a fast day!
    If you wanted to burn off those mince pies then you would need to run for 40 mins or walk for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that you are consuming more calories than you realize, it’s really easy to do.

I have been out to a couple of parties and although I ate a meal before I went, wine and nibbles were in my hand before I knew it.

My plan is to enjoy Christmas, but limit it to 1 day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.