Weight loss Buddy

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SHow07 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hi guys, I am re starting the 5:2 diet and would love a buddy to help keep each other motivated. I would like to lose 15kg. Any takers?

I volunteer… as a tribute! I really need a weight loss buddy to, I dont have that much extra tho I am aiming 5-6 kgs but i would love to have someone with me during this time.

HI, I have 10 – 15kgs to lose and would love a buddy. I started last week and don’t think I lost anything so really needing support.
    Have either of you had a fast day yet?

I couldn’t stop myself and eat a lot at my last fast diet and am eating burger king for two days now, so I am doin awful. However, I decided to not eat anything tomorrow to balance things out and eat as little as possible in Tuesday.

Hi everyone! I’ll be posting everyday my weight and food, it sure would be nice to have someone to check in with as well. I have 10 lbs, so about 5kgs, so looks like we are pretty close. Would be pretty great if we met goal about the same time as well 🙂

Hi All, Monday afternoon here in Singapore and have nearly finished my first fast day on my second week. It certainly was easier today than last week. A bit of planning and lots of water seem to have done the trick today. How are you all going?

I’m focused and think this will be a successful week. I’m aiming for 2 lbs, my official weigh in days are Sun. Glad your 2nd week is easier. I look forward to my fast days on Tues/Thur actually, allows me to not have to think about anything or make choices. I’m wondering if I should have a goal date actually. Does anyone else have one?

Hi Amala, I actually ended up going over on my fast day yesterday. It is certainly a learning curve. Today was a good day and actually managed to exercise, something I have not done for a long time. I have a goal date of Christmas as we are going skiing and I need to be lighter and fitter to not injure myself on the slopes. I really hope to lose between 5 and 10 kilos. That is quite a big range, but I am not certain the 5:2 will work for me as I have very stubborn fat (ha ha) so want to be realistic but am forever hopeful.

Hey omer1601 and SHow07 how are you both going?

Hey there, Where have my buddy’s gone?

Fast day again tomorrow. So doing a little prep work to ensure I stick with it. Feeling pretty good with renewed desire to exercise and watching what I eat on non-fast days. Absolutely NOT counting calories though on non-fast days.

egg white omelette with spinach for breakfast
    carrots and hummus for lunch
    baked apple and coconut milk for dinner
    A latte in there somewhere

Looking for some buddies!!!!

I’m here!

Yesterday was my fast day, and I swear those days put me in the right state of mind every single time! It’s like physical and mental therapy haha.

Next fast day is Thursday, and I get nervous about having Fri-Mon off! Today being my off day I just set a goal of a 1000 cals, and treating it the same way I treat my 500 cal fast days.

Let’s keep each other focused and motivated 🙂

Hi Amala, Why do you eat only 1000 cals on non FD?

I am late afternoon and hungry. Thinking of having a nap to pass the time … ha ha ha.

Hi Donna,

This is my 3rd week and I’m still trying to iron out some kinks. My normal fast days are Tues and Thur, but I don’t like having 4 days until my next fast, and want to spread it out. The other day that would be good for me is Saturday instead of Thursday, but that’s another huge gap, and also there isn’t much of a backup fast day. So I am going to try out Tuesday- fast day, Thursday- semi fast day (around 800-1000 cals), and Saturday- Fast day. So it’s more than 5/2 but less than 4/3. I don’t know if it’s practical, but if people can do 4/3 I don’t see why it wouldn’t be an option, unless it really just wasn’t working ultimately for my lifestyle.

Those gaps are just too much, and I do enjoy my fast days to reset. If you have a suggestion that would be amazing 🙂

How are you doing?

Hi Donnamaxine,
    I am on my second attempt to stick with this, so I re read the book and for the last two days have put my exercise gear on when I got up and it works, I walked for an hour each day. Fasting today and so far so good. I am going to do the 3:4 for six weeks to kick thinks along.
    Hope things are goi g well for you, how much have you lost?

Hi Omer1601,
    Lucky you only having 5 kg to lose, but that last 5kg can be difficult to budge. Good luck. I am so mad at myself, the 15kg I have to lose is because I put that much back on after losing it. So frustrating.

Hi Donnamaxine,
    I’m back, must get into the habit of getting onto the forum sorry. Hope you are going well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.