Weight gain on the scales, but losing cms?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Weight gain on the scales, but losing cms?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Emilly 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all! Was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if it is a normal thing? I have been doing the 52 diet for almost 2 months now and have actually gained 2kgs, however looking in a mirror I can see that I have noticeably lost weight. I assumed this may be the result of retaining water, but with the amount of lemons I eat and coffee/alcohol I drink (diuretics) this seems unlikely. I haven’t been doing any weights or any increased exercise, so it couldn’t be muscle gain either. Just wondering what may cause this 🙂 thanks!

2 kgs is a lot of weight to put on. You should really try drinking water not all the other stuff, and just a slice of lemon once a day. Diuretics is not a good things to be doing as you could become dehydrated by drinking coffee and alcohol, and why you may look thinner yet putting on weight?

I would have thought that restricting caloric intake for 2 months and gaining 2kg might just be the human equivalent of the perpetual motion machine. If you have managed to violate the laws of thermodynamics you are going to be very rich indeed.

Scales are so tricky! Have you checked your weight on a different set to make sure yours aren’t broken?

Also – how often do you weigh yourself? Does it fluctuate or is it steady? I’ve found that I don’t so much as have a weight as a ‘weight zone’ – and water intake, exercise, menstruation all factor into it.

When I started nearly a month ago I was between 79kg and 81, now I’m between 76kg and 78. So you could look at that and say it was either a 1kg loss or a 5kg one – the truth is somewhere in between!

That’s why I think measurements are a more reliable indicator of fat loss, and if you’re seeing progress on that front then that’s great 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.