Week One – No weight loss

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  baby_depardieu 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• So today marks the end of my first week. Ive stayed to the two fast days of 500 and also been much more mindful of my daily calorie intake and was really disappointed to see no weight loss at all – I am aware this is a slow process but felt really flat to see no movement on the scales. Weighed myself at same time etc…

Today is my 3rd fast day…

Hi baby and welcome:

This might help you understand: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

Simcoeluv, of course!!! I read that post before I started and I should have had that in mind this morning… Thankyou for sending my that – it was what i needed to be reminded of. Have a good day xxx

Hi guys, I’m newbie here but I am serious of losing weight. Any advice for the best one that I should take? I don’t need rigid exercizes.

Baby and Red,

Weight loss is not a linear thing. On the assumption that you are not overeating on non fast days then Im guessing say 2000 cal for non fast days. So 2 fast days you’ve only really been short about 3000 cal for the week. 9.3 cal per gram of fat. So how much should you expect to lose? 3000 / 9.3 = 322 grams or about 0.7 pounds!! Thats all, there is no magic involved. That’s a glass of water per week!! Over the course of 2015 I averaged 0.7 pounds loss per week. I lost 44 pounds and now weight 158.

Be VERY mindful of what you eat. Avoid sugar AT ALL COSTS. No cakes, biscuits, chocolate, ice cream, health cereals are the absolute worst for sugar!!. Read food labels carefully, more than about 10% sugar throw it in the bin never to be eaten again. Avoid simple carbs like pasta, pizza, bread, rice, potatoes etc. These are sometimes only special treat foods.

For you fast days have high fat low sugar yogurt with some almonds and a small handful of raspberries or strawberries or blueberries for breakfast. For lunch/dinner have a large bowl of salad and veggies with some say 100g of tuna or chicken. Have any green veggie, cucumber, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, peas, maybe half a tomato, some tofu etc. A chili if you like it spicy, add some apple cider vinegar and a splash of low sugar dressing. This will keep you satiated for a long time.

Don’t believe all those hype fad diets where you can lose 10 pound per day blah blah blah. Even if you ate nothing for the entire week that’s 14000 cal / 9.3 = 1.5kg or about 3.5 pounds!!

Slow and steady and you’ll get there. It works, just give it a genuine try.

Thanks bigbooty – your input is really helpful too. Im quite good on the no sugar / no basic carbs, so think my body will be a slow loser, but these posts have given me some positive thoughts that I am doing it right and will eventually see some weight loss.

Im using myfitnesspal app at the moment to log all my meals / snacks on both fasting and non-fasting days and am sticking to my suggested intake of 1600 per day on non-fast days. It really helps me to write down what I am eating….

Thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.