Week one

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Hi all

Just wanted to update on how I’m getting on.

I started with a fasting day last Friday and was amazed by how easy it was not eating anything (apart from half a cucumber) until I had my evening meal. The only downside was the amount of water consumed equalled an increased time on the loo 😉

So today is my second fasting day of my first week but I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I’m amazed to see I have lost 6Ib!!! Wow that has given me a major boost to push through this week and keep it up!!

I definitely feel this WOE is for me long term as nothing is banned, no syn/ points counting and no going to slimming classes and feeling belittled when you’ve eaten one too many biscuits 😉

Thanks for listening xx

Hi, I’m on my first fast day, well done that’s an amazing weight loss, are you exercising as well?. Did you do the thing where you find out how many cals you need to maintain your weight or just go by the average?
    Keep up the good work, hopefully I will be able to say that next week 🙂

I have invested in an exercise bike and just pedal whilst watching tv so don’t notice the calories burning away!! I worked out my TDEE but to be honest I just eat when I’m hungry on non fasting days, I sort of keep track on my calories on myfitnesspal app to make sure I don’t go too mad.

I have found drinking loads of water has definitely helped me on fasting days to stop thinking about eating!!

Good luck xx

I just started with my first fast day, yesterday, Feb. 2. Yes, I did it on SuperBowl Day! But no matter in this household. I had my allowed eggs with mushrooms, strawberries, and an apple for breakfast. Then, at night, I had a soy protein drink with yogurt and strawberries.
    I was a little headachey, feeling funny at 11 hours, so I did not make it with dinner for the full 12-hour spread. I hate trouble getting to sleep, but I can’t say the reason. Once, I slept, it was solid.
    I know it is early to say, but I lost 1.8 lbs.
    I thought I would be absolutely so hungry this a.m., but I wasn’t. In fact, other than not getting my desired 7.5 hours of sleep, I feel pretty good.
    I also hiked yesterday for 1 hour and 15 minutes. It was a great way of getting out of the house and distracting myself.
    I’d like to hear more about first day experiences and/or first weeks.
    Thanks!

The exercise is something im gonna work up to this time, as went mad last diet and was unable to maintain it. I’m using my fitness pal as well to track cals on non fast days, just until I get used to portion sizes etc. I found the first fast day a little uncomfortable, but manageable am sure it will get easier. Can’t wait to weigh next week and see the results.

OMG I stuffed up today!!!
    I’m in my first week and everything was going well until my second fast day.
    I thought I’d chosen a great snack and lunch for work but when I calculated it, I was nearly to 500 and starving!!!
    I decided to have my fast day tomorrow.
    So now busy tring to work out what to have.
    A teacher so I need energy.
    I’m thinking Tuna and salad for lunch and maybe zucchini spaghetti for dinner??
    Anyone???
    Help???

Hi cloudlady.
    Make sure you have protein in both your two meals, not just the carbs, even if they are the right carbs. Protein is much more sustaining. I am thinking eggs at both meals for myself. On the first day, i had two small eggs with mushrooms and a bowl of strawberries, and an apple, and a soy protein shake with no fat yogurt and strawberries for dinner. However, you may find chewing more sustainable as well.

That’s the good thing with this diet, if you do muck up you can change the fast day, so no harm done, being new I’ve stuck to safe option, weightwatchers soup and low fat yoghurt for lunch and weightwatchers meal and yoghurt for tea, came in at 505cals so not bad.

Thanks Red Swallow and Lisanne50,
    I will do my fast day again today.
    I always have a. Flat white coffee for breakky
    Then I thought a tin of tuna and miso soup for lunch.
    Dinner not sure yet, maybe a couple of eggs?
    Thanks guys

No calories left and hungry!!!!

I found I got hungrier if I ate anything at all. So I have my dinner at 7.30 on Monday then eat nothing (except for tea and 2 1/2 litres of water) until dinner. I have a 400 – 500 cal and then wait until about lunchtime the next day (Wednesday) when I start to eat normally again. Bit of trial and error.
    Hope this helps.

I have completed 3 fast days and tried different approach each time. First day I split 500 cals into 3 meals, second day I waited until 1pm and had two meals (lunch and dinner), third day I went until 7.30pm and had full 500 – this was definitely the best option for me. As previous poster noted, as soon as you eat the hunger starts. I felt full after dinner, slept better too! I drank lots of water, tea and soda water with lime is my saving grace on fast days. Good luck everyone!

I do it two ways; I have just fasted Monday & Tuesday this week and I saved all my calories until the evening. Previous weeks I had low calorie soup for lunch around 2pm and then made a stir-fry with loads of veg and prawns for 300 calories. I think it depends on the day, how busy you are or if you need more energy. It is definitely trial and error but drinking loads of water is definitely the key. Hope everybody has a good day 🙂

Thanks everyone.
    I ended I
    Up fasting consecutive days. The first day I spread it out and was hungry.
    Today I had a latte for breakky, an 88 cal lunch and a 300 cal dinner.
    The only snack was a diet drink.
    I haven’t seemed as hungry.
    Will try it different ways.
    I lost 1 kg this week!

@cloudlady you seem to be doing the same as me. I have been fasting since october have tried lots of different ways most of which I have really struggled, this is definately the best one for me too. Without a doubt there is something in not eating solid food to first thing, for me its sets off the hunger pangs early! Welldone on 1kg thats ace! Hope I am as successfull on my mopnday weigh in as you, I have been on a plateau for 5weeks now 🙁

Well done cloudlady,not sure I could do consecutive days, am on second fast day and finding it a lot easier, probably because was rushed off my feet this morning at work so no time to think about food, had prawn salad for lunch and sweet treat, actually feel quite full. Sunday is d day to weigh but feel better already.

The funny thing is Redswallow, that I think with consecutive days that it makes the second day easier.
    My saviour at the moment is instant Miso soup.

It’s high in salt but if its just twice a week it should be ok.

Thanks for the congrats.
    Lets hope the fast days get easier the longer we do it.
    Today is non fast but I will still just have some ham and salad leaves for lunch.
    If I can lose 1/2 to 1 Kg a week I’d be happy!

Hi and welcome all:

Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply.