Week 3 and no weight loss on the scales

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Week 3 and no weight loss on the scales

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  axel 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi,

I am in week 3 – I only have 5 – 6kgs to loose however I have lost nothing so far. My stomach size has decreased by 2 cm though which I am excited about. Please keep me motivated – any tips!!! Am I eating too much on my off days?

Thanks

Hi Axel,
    With such a small amount of weight to shift the scales can take their own sweet time.
    What IS impressive is that you have lost 2cm from your stomach. As far as I am concerned size loss is more important than weight loss. So hang on in there, things are happening. I know that if I had a 2cm loss off my stomach I would be running around and high fiving everyone.
    Cheers
    GG

Welcome axel! 🙂

It’s great that you are now 3 weeks in, hopefully you are starting to get into a routine. Given you don’t mention your fast days, I assume these are going okay?

I can understand that no weight loss is disappointing, but anything off the tummy is good. 🙂 It could be that you have lost fat but gained water, especially if you are drinking lots on your fast and other days – so net weight loss, but a good result nevertheless.

Many people with not much weight to lose do seem to have slower loss than those with lots to lose.

Have you calculated your TDEE? – best to underestimate your activity level when you do. Once you know your TDEE you can then either keep a diary or at least make a rough calculation of what you are eating on non-fast days to see if you are over-eating or not. It is easy to eat more calories than you think you are!

There are lots of tips on this forum to help you make the best of your 5:2 journey. People have many varied experiences, and you can learn a lot just by reading the comments from others.

Keep us posted on what is happening for you, there are plenty of forum contributors who’ll help keep you motivated. 🙂

Best wishes
    Sassy 😀

I don’t think I have anything more to add to what has already been said! We cannot give you any definite answer to your question whether you eat to much on off days, because we don’t know your TDEE or what you’re eating…
    Not losing can have a lot of factors, but with only a little to lose like you don’t expect it to get off in a matter of a few weeks!

Sometimes I find I do not eat enough which causes the scales to stay the same.

Try different foods, change your menu a bit? I know that I am a protein person, not a carb person.

the 2 cm loss on the waist thought, whoop whoop!

Thank you for the support it really helped and got me through my fast day yesterday. Back on target for some weight loss next week. Good luck to everyone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.